Girl Talk

Closed Thread
Old 12-03-2012, 02:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Oh, rats. Did you HAVE to mention the heavenly combination of gingerbread and eggnog?
You're right, it is a heavenly combination. I'll just wait until January for the smoothies. Doesn't everyone go on a diet January 2?
Old 12-03-2012, 02:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
You're right, it is a heavenly combination. I'll just wait until January for the smoothies. Doesn't everyone go on a diet January 2?
Sure... Gingerbread and eggnog only come around once a year! Let's make January Healthy Smoothie Month, and December can be Eggnog & Gingerbread month.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:20 PM
Default Name

As a fan of British TV, Hyacinth Bucket (Bouquet) was one of my favourite characters.

Mind the cows Richard.......

Poor Richard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyacinth Bucket View Post
BBB - I do not know where your white streak is, but when I see women with a natural white streak - I have always thought how striking. Must admit, I have never seen any woman with a white streak that did not look attractive.

I do not think I will be able to resist this thread either.

As for schedules and TOTV, like Mark Twain said about giving up cigarettes, he gave up cigarettes after everyone he had. So, following in Mark Twain's foot steps, I will give up on TOTV until I pick up next time - probably in five minutes or less.

BF - Great topic. I liked what you wrote on RW's thread. Glad you did not mention Kathie, you know how shy and retiring she is.

So BF :bigthumbsup: and will :beer2: to this idea and I am :hot: :hot: about this thread. 040 040 040

Hyacinth Bucket
Old 01-08-2013, 10:15 AM
Sage

I'd like to hear about your favourite girly stuff.

My favorite 2012 discovery was Zappos.com for shoes. They ship shoes to you and PAY FOR THE RETURN if they're not satisfactory. And they apologze to you if you return things to them. I love Zappos.

I just ordered some Orthaheel Slippers to wear around the house. Although I prefer to go barefoot, I'm finding that I occasionally have foot problems that require arch support. How I love to see the UPS guy bringing me a box from Zappos!
Old 01-08-2013, 10:48 AM
Sage

Quote:

My favorite 2012 discovery was Zappos.com for shoes. They ship shoes to you and PAY FOR THE RETURN if they're not satisfactory. And they apologze to you if you return things to them. I love Zappos.

I just ordered some Orthaheel Slippers to wear around the house. Although I prefer to go barefoot, I'm finding that I occasionally have foot problems that require arch support. How I love to see the UPS guy bringing me a box from Zappos!
AND... I love it when you order something, and Zappos sends you an email that says "WHOA NELLY!!! You've just qualified for a priority shipping upgrade!"

My favorite find this year was wag.com, which ships my dog's pet food for free (plus his salmon oil, treats, and a host of other things) and which is connected to soap.com for household cleaning items, beauty bar.com for all sorts of cosmetics, and a couple of other .coms (casa and books, I believe.) The pet food arrives within two days. There's 20% off your first order, 15% off your second order, and for each order thereafter, you get an amount toward your next order equal to 5% of the total of the former order, good for 2 months. (Was that confusing enough??)

I never have to lug 30 lbs of dog food out to my car and into my house again! Or detergent, fabric softener, yadda yadda. Saves on gas too, since I'm down by 466A and Petco is up north.

Currently on our lanai we have two 80-lb goldens asleep at our feet after their morning walk. (One's visiting us this week.) It's January, it's warm, and life is good!
Old 01-27-2013, 12:56 AM
Sage

Quote:

My favorite find this year was wag.com, which ships my dog's pet food for free (plus his salmon oil, treats, and a host of other things) and which is connected to soap.com for household cleaning items, beauty bar.com for all sorts of cosmetics, and a couple of other .coms (casa and books, I believe.) The pet food arrives within two days. There's 20% off your first order, 15% off your second order, and for each order thereafter, you get an amount toward your next order equal to 5% of the total of the former order, good for 2 months. good!
Thank you for the suggestion ......Wag.com is a great website, they even have Orijen dogwood which is hard to find and it's less expensive than locally. I look forward to trying the "sister" sites!
Old 01-27-2013, 04:14 PM
Location: The woods of the UP of Michigan and the Village of Pinellas
Default Orthaheel

Quote:

I have been using orthaheel brand shoes and slippers for about 1.5 years. In fact, this past Christmas, I bought 3 pair of slippers: 1 for me, one for my sister and one for my sister-in-law. Everybody I know has developed foot problems recently and man these shoes/slippers help. I can sometimes find them on QVC for the daily special and save a bundle over "on-line shoes, zappo's or 6pm".

I'd rather regret what I've done, than regret what I've left undone. Lucille Ball
Old 01-27-2013, 08:49 PM
Veteran member

Does a favorite girlie thing have to just be shopping? This is what I'm into lately. I take blueberries and greek yogurt (I like a flavored kind although you could cut calories by using plain I guess) and two toothpicks and a piece of wax paper and a cookie sheet that fits in your freezer. Put your berry on a toothpick and dip the blueberries into the yogurt to get a decent coating so that there is a 'blop' of yogurt around them. Then use the other toothpick to push the covered berry onto the wax paper. Freeze for a few hours until solid and remove to a plastic zip bag. Make sure you leave room between them when you assemble. I also like to sprinkle with some Splenda before freezing because I like sweet things but you could skip that if you want. I love to pop a frozen berry into my mouth and crunch it. It's so cold and creamy and sweet. I know it's good for me and low in calories and I can never eat a whole container of yogurt at once. It's a great low cal snack. Try it and let me know what you think. It's my new obsession.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovsthosebigdogs View Post
Does a favorite girlie thing have to just be shopping? This is what I'm into lately. I take blueberries and greek yogurt (I like a flavored kind although you could cut calories by using plain I guess) and two toothpicks and a piece of wax paper and a cookie sheet that fits in your freezer. Put your berry on a toothpick and dip the blueberries into the yogurt to get a decent coating so that there is a 'blop' of yogurt around them. Then use the other toothpick to push the covered berry onto the wax paper. Freeze for a few hours until solid and remove to a plastic zip bag. Make sure you leave room between them when you assemble. I also like to sprinkle with some Splenda before freezing because I like sweet things but you could skip that if you want. I love to pop a frozen berry into my mouth and crunch it. It's so cold and creamy and sweet. I know it's good for me and low in calories and I can never eat a whole container of yogurt at once. It's a great low cal snack. Try it and let me know what you think. It's my new obsession.
I dipped a few strawberries in Cappuccino Yogurt and froze them individually. How yummy. Thanks for the tip!
Old 02-19-2013, 12:56 PM
Default Lunchtime Facelift

at
newbodycontours
any experience w/ the microcurrent procedure?
It's getting some good reviews...
Old 02-19-2013, 06:39 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakefield View Post
at newbodycontours
any experience w/ the microcurrent procedure?
It's getting some good reviews...
I'm not sure if Microcurrent at Newbodycontours is a new type of procedure, but if it is, I'd be awfully careful. I haven't heard of it. I'd love to hear from someone who has tried it. I guess I should look for it on Dr. Oz's website. He seems to have an opinion on all the controversial new trends.

By the way, I've found a fabulous btx guy in The Villages. I'm still looking for a place to get a tiny little tattoo.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:17 PM
Default Btx

Do tell Bare....
Tattoo ....I'm thinking my foot?
Old 02-19-2013, 10:22 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyg View Post
Do tell Bare....
Jennifer Anniston got a tattoo on the arch of her foot, her first one. I thought it was discreet. So I was thinking the arch of my foot. Then I heard that feet are really pain sensitive. It has to be somewhere that doesn't sag. Not much area that doesn't sag .. maybe on the shoulder?

If anyone knows of a really clean tattoo parlour, please let me know by post or PM. The fastest growing segment of people seeking tattoos is women over the age of 40!
Old 02-19-2013, 10:24 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyg View Post
Do tell Bare....
I want a tiny ankle bracelet tattoo. I keep chickening out. Three friends of mine had tattoos done by a girl at the tattoo parlor in Baylee Plaza. They all said she was great and highly recommend her. It is a very clean place (I went up there with one friend). I can get her name if anyone is interested.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
I want a tiny ankle bracelet tattoo. I keep chickening out. Three friends of mine had tattoos done by a girl at the tattoo parlor in Baylee Plaza. They all said she was great and highly recommend her. It is a very clean place (I went up there with one friend). I can get her name if anyone is interested.
Baylee Plaza ... that's not far at all. If it is clean and has a good reputation, I'm interested. Let's all go together and we can hold hands!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.