Girl Talk

Closed Thread
Old 02-17-2008, 02:52 PM
Sage
Default Re: Girl Talk

Guess we'll have to follow Shannon to her new salon. All the girls at the Academy appeared to have cutting edge haircuts. I saw no old lady hair. Last nt at LSL I saw a woman with a beautiful face but she had old lady hair. She needs to go to the Academy for an update so she can be totally gorgeous.
Old 02-17-2008, 02:58 PM
Gold member

Hi -

Where is the Academy. I need a trim and a perm. I am in the process of letting my hair grow so I can donate it to Locks of Love.

I usually have short hair and am finding as my hair gets longer I know less and less what to do with it.

Thanks,

HB
Old 02-17-2008, 03:01 PM
Sage

It's back behind Golden Corral on 466. It's The Salon Academy. There's also a coupon in the Sun for a perm, cut and style for $35. If you get perms, that's a great price.
Old 02-17-2008, 03:07 PM
Gold member

Sam, I can not believe that price. We have today Sun, is it in todays' paper?

HB
Old 02-17-2008, 04:17 PM
Platinum member

I love the Salon Academy for haircuts, color and pedicures. When I find someone I like I stay with her until she graduates. Then I ask her to recommend someone in the next class. These referrals have worked out great for me. It usually takes a little longer than in a regular salon, but , hey, I have no children at home I need to get home to. I can take my time and let them fuss over me. <smile> :bigthumbsup:

PS I"m currently with Leora, but she is graduating soon,
Tampa, FL
Old 02-17-2008, 04:32 PM
Veteran member

We were without a computer for a while, and lost all the listings in my "favorites"...so missed this site! Finally back on and love this "girl friend" topic.

Did want to make a mention to Avista and anyone else who needs it about a website that helped me during my hysterectomy: hystersisters.com. Go see what it's all about and they have forums like this that answer your questions....no embarassment about asking anything! And Avista, do have a pillow near by all the time with your dogs there (talking from experience).

And I have a question too. Up north, urologists did operations to repair bladders, not ob-gyns. I've been told down here (Florida) that gynecologists do the surgery, not urologists.
I'm confused. Any ideas which way to go?
Old 02-17-2008, 04:45 PM
Gold member

Samhass:

Thanks for the citrus tips. I am definately going to plant some Meyers lemons. Hope I have your success.
Thanks again for the Academy info; certainly worth a try.

Have fun with your grandaughter, I'm going to spend a week with mine in NC next week, and then they will be here for the last week in March. Can't wait. ;D ;D
Old 02-17-2008, 06:38 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Some things to know about Locks of Love -- they will take any 10 inches or more of hair donated but the reality is that much of it has to be thrown away. Only about 15-20% of the hair donated is actually useable for wigs. If you dye or perm your hair, it is probably not strong enough to make a wig. If you are more than 5% grey, they cannot use your hair. So, if you're growing your hair for locks of love, it is a wonderful idea but more than likely an act of futility. Grow it long because you want to see it that length or because you want a very special cut and think it will be better starting with long hair.

In case you're wondering, I got the info from a friend of mine who works for Locks of Love in Southern California. This is really info they don't want passed around because they're afraid that some people with usable hair won't donate if they find out how much hair is thrown away.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 02-17-2008, 07:32 PM
Platinum member

Marianne, I have found Hystersisters. What a great site that is. Lots of info offered.
Tampa, FL
Old 02-17-2008, 08:01 PM
Gold member

Red thank you for that info. My hair is more than 5% grey, it has been permed and dyed. I guess I struck out on all three counts. I have been growing my hair for over three years, I knew about the 10 inches.

One of my grand daughters donated her hair and I wanted to do what she did. Guess that is not to be the case. I would guess they used her hair, no grey, never had a perm or colored her hair. Her hair was thick also.

Now I will get it cut shorter.

Thanks,

HB
Old 02-18-2008, 02:44 AM
Sage

HB, re Locks of Love, .... you get all our admiration for your wonderful intentions and patience. :bigthumbsup: Sorry it didn't work out.
Old 02-21-2008, 01:44 AM
Sage

I've been experimenting with activities .. the "non athletic" kind for people like me who aren't coordinated and hate to exercise. Also I hate being cold and wet. That lets out golf, pickleball, tennis, swimming and aerobics.

So far I love yoga, qigong, synergetics. Go to the Dog Park daily. Didn't care for tai chi, too many poses to remember. Stretch and tone was good, but body shaping was a bit too aggressive. We are trying Parapsychology tomorrow at Mulberry. I hear there is a drumming circle somewhere, not sure where.

Does anyone have any suggestions for activities for unathletic women?
Old 02-21-2008, 03:36 PM
Gold member

Hi,

Barefoot thank you for the list of suggestions.

Barb do you need your own equipment to play bocci?

For me Tai Chi, Line Dancing and anything where you need to learn a set of steps in a specific order is very challenging. Part of the reason for this is I am right and left challenged. Can not recall if I am supposed to be using my other left or right.

Is anyone else challenged this way? I can follow if someone says my way or your way easier.

HB
Old 02-21-2008, 11:46 PM
Sage

Dan was a single guy living at home with his father and working in the family business. When he found out he was going to inherit a fortune when his sickly father died, he decided he needed a wife with which to share his fortune.

One evening - at an investment meeting - he spotted the most beautiful woman he had ever seen. Her natural beauty took his breath away. "I may look like just an ordinary man," he said to her, "but in just a few years, my father will die, and I'll inherit 20 million dollars." Impressed, the woman obtained his business card.

Three days later, she became his stepmother.

Women are so much better at planning than men. :bigthumbsup:

Old 02-23-2008, 02:32 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,204 Times in 740 Posts

Girls,

Today has been the most time I have ever spent on line. Other than cooking supper, I have been pretty much inert except for my typing fingers.

So here's what I just decided to do. I found my exercise ball that has been greatly neglected. Mr. Boomer blew it up with a tire pump. Now, I am sitting here on it, still typing away but taking a stab at doing some kind of vague core exercises at the same time. I call the exercises vague because I do not really know what I am supposed to be doing. But then my core itself is rather vague so perhaps it will all work out for the best.

Have you ever used an exercise ball for a desk chair? If so, how did it work out?

Boomer

btw - I did have a little problem at first and sent this message after only one sentence and had to retrieve it. The mouse got away from me as I was twisting all about.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.