Girl Talk

Closed Thread
Old 06-24-2014, 06:30 AM

Amazon.com sells Wella hair care products and they deliver it right to your home.
Old 06-24-2014, 08:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Huh! I thought you could only get Wella with a beauty operator's license.
Old 07-15-2014, 05:49 PM

Does anyone have an experience with Whitney at Urban Hair Salon. I have very thick long hair and I want to make sure I get an experienced stylist.
Old 07-15-2014, 06:18 PM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspano View Post
Does anyone have an experience with Whitney at Urban Hair Salon. I have very thick long hair and I want to make sure I get an experienced stylist.
Which Whitney? There are 2 at Urban Hair, one upstairs and one downstairs. I have been going to Whitney Fifer for about 4 years and love her work. I have seen her do very long, thick hair before and it comes out wonderful. She really listens to what you want.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 07-15-2014, 09:15 PM

Thanks for the response. Actually not sure which Whitney but I will certainly find out. Keeping fingers crossed that it is the one that is doing your hair.
Old 07-15-2014, 09:22 PM
Sage

I go to the downstairs Whitney and like her a lot. I've seen her work on people with very long hair, but I've not noticed the results.
Old 07-15-2014, 11:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspano View Post
Thanks for the response. Actually not sure which Whitney but I will certainly find out. Keeping fingers crossed that it is the one that is doing your hair.
I also just started going to the downstairs Whitney.
She gave me the best haircut and highlights that I've ever had.
Old 07-26-2014, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I thought I'd start a thread so we can talk about girly stuff like self esteem, sushi, pedicures, sex after 50, etc, and the guys can't hear us. And we can go off topic as often as we want.

Guys, don't read this, it is for girls only. Handie, this includes you!!

BBB, Nonie and Donna: I just know you've got some stuff to say!!
Anyone had laser hair removal of lip or brows and if so are they good?
Old 07-26-2014, 02:42 PM

where is this? need a hair person
Old 07-26-2014, 03:41 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Whoa! That's good to know! Thanks for the recommendation.
Bossier City, Louisiana
Salt Lake City & Ogden, Utah
The Villages, Florida
Old 07-26-2014, 03:52 PM
Veteran member

I went to Victoria Hair to Renee on Bare's recommendation today for a color/cut. Very nice place at a very reasonable price. Thanks Bare. I appreciate it.
Old 07-26-2014, 04:34 PM
Sage
Default Splitting Nails

I am wondering if anyone has a magic solution for nails that are splitting. I'm thinking of a nutritional supplement. We used to think gelatin helped, but I'm not sure if that does any good. I'm sure it's not a lack of calcium because I get plenty. And my hair seems to be healthy.

For a while I had gel nails. I loved looking at ten perfect nails. But the time spent in salons really got to me. And when the gel nails went, my real nails were bumpy and awful. So I patiently waited for my own nails to grow out.

I have a bucket full of nail hardeners. But I googled it and read that it is bad to use nail hardeners, because you have to use polish remover to take it off. And apparently polish remover is extremely hard on nails. The consensus on google seems to be ... use hand cream frequently.

So for the last month I've been using hand cream frequently. And I was thrilled because it really seemed to make a difference. Then my nails started splitting again. Maybe it's just another one of those aging things. Sigh.
Old 07-26-2014, 04:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
I am wondering if anyone has a magic solution for nails that are splitting. I'm thinking of a nutritional supplement. We used to think gelatin helped, but I'm not sure if that does any good. I'm sure it's not a lack of calcium because I get plenty. And my hair seems to be healthy.

For a while I had gel nails. I loved looking at ten perfect nails. But the time spent in salons really got to me. And when the gel nails went, my real nails were bumpy and awful. So I patiently waited for my own nails to grow out.

I have a bucket full of nail hardeners. But I googled it and read that it is bad to use nail hardeners, because you have to use polish remover to take it off. And apparently polish remover is extremely hard on nails. The consensus on google seems to be ... use hand cream frequently.

So for the last month I've been using hand cream frequently. And I was thrilled because it really seemed to make a difference. Then my nails started splitting again. Maybe it's just another one of those aging things. Sigh.
No, it's not aging. I've had splitting nails all my life. I heard biotin was good, so I started taking that last winter--2500 mcg's a day. Supposed to be good for thinning hair too. I notice a difference in my hair, but not my nails. Once they get to a certain length, they split.

I had gel nails too and also got tired of all the time & $. And when I took them off, my nails were so weak and separated from the nail bed.

My neighbor is using a nail hardener, and her nails look great (online, about $7 per bottle). So I've been using it too. So far my nails don't look as good as hers. But... they look good if I keep them covered with the nail hardener and keep them too short to split. So I guess I'll have to live with that.
Old 07-26-2014, 04:51 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovsthosebigdogs View Post
I went to Victoria Hair to Renee on Bare's recommendation today for a color/cut. Very nice place at a very reasonable price. Thanks Bare. I appreciate it.
Oh goodness, I used Renee winter 2013. I forgot I recommended her ... glad you liked her Roz. Renee is a nice gal and I do like the salon. And the prices aren't exorbitant like a lot of salons.

Winter of 2014 I started out using Victoria. But then I moved to a different salon because the kind of color they were using at Victoria Hair really started bothering me. I think I must have developed an allergy to it. Plus the information on my card was wrong, and I kept getting a color I didn't like.

So I moved back to Urban Hair in Oxford, over by Bargains and Treasures. And I had good results from downstairs Whitney.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by uujudy View Post
Whoa! That's good to know! Thanks for the recommendation.
It makes me really nervous to recommend anyone because I move around a lot. From Kevin on 441, to Color Me Hair by Bonefish, to Pam at Root 466. And so on. If there is something I'm not happy with, I don't complain, I just move on.

Anyway, uujudy, I sure hope you like downstairs Whitney. It was actually CFrance that recommended her to me. KathieI really likes upstairs Whitney.

Downstairs Whitney was more expensive than Victoria Hair and it took a lot longer, but I liked the results much, much better. I will be going back to her when I return in the Fall.
Old 08-01-2014, 06:12 PM
Platinum member

Bare, I went to downstairs Whitney today & I'm as happy as I can be! She did a wonderful job with my hair & I made another appointment with her in 5 weeks!

Thank you so much for recommending her!
Bossier City, Louisiana
Salt Lake City & Ogden, Utah
The Villages, Florida
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.