Girl Talk

Closed Thread
Old 02-23-2008, 02:51 AM
Sage
Default Re: Girl Talk

BBB

The thought of you on an exercise ball, priceless.
Old 02-23-2008, 03:10 AM
Sage

BBB,

The thought of you on an exercise ball typing, Even more priceless!
Too bad Ted Mac's amatuer hour is off the air!! LOL

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 02-23-2008, 02:27 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,204 Times in 740 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefoot at last
BBB

The thought of you on an exercise ball, priceless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonie
BBB,

The thought of you on an exercise ball typing, Even more priceless!
Too bad Ted Mac's amatuer hour is off the air!! LOL

Hey, here I am back this morning. I kicked the chair out of the way and once again, I am using the exercise ball in its place. I tried to post something earlier and it got away from me again because trying to use the mouse while I move around on this thing requires more coordination than I have naturally. But I am working on it. I also think I may be getting a little dizzy.

I spent so much time on this computer yesterday that I have made a new rule for myself: I can't be on line unless I am using an exercise ball for a chair.

So we shall see what happens. Maybe I am really onto something. But today I really am going to try to move forward with my real life.

I so wish I were in TV instead of looking out the window at this gray weather.
Old 02-23-2008, 02:43 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

BBB, if you look out the window in TV today, all you'll see is gray weather. And if it's not gray, it's pouring rain and, worse yet, every so often you see these great streaks of yellow in the sky followed by horrendous booms! (Yup, it's raining cats, dogs and Thor's lightning bolts.) It has TOTALLY mucked up my plans.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 02-23-2008, 03:17 PM
Gold member

BBB what Red says is true. It is gray, wet and lightening.

Did not stop hubby from going yard sailing. I stayed in bed reading, could not believe it when he said there were many sailors out there with him.

I guess people in TV do not let anything stop them

HB
Old 02-23-2008, 04:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer BeBack

I spent so much time on this computer yesterday that I have made a new rule for myself: I can't be on line unless I am using an exercise ball for a chair. So we shall see what happens. Maybe I am really onto something.
Hey BBB, maybe you are on to something ... please keep us updated! Hope the dizziness doesn't force you to write diatribes about religion and politics! 024 If this works out for you, I'm poised to run out and get myself an exercise ball. Monkey see, monkey do!

In a few days there'll probably be a lot of loud crashes in TV as members of the Chat Pack fall off their exercise balls while typing. See what you've started?
Old 02-23-2008, 06:16 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,204 Times in 740 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefoot at last
Hey BBB, maybe you are on to something ... please keep us updated! Hope the dizziness doesn't force you to write diatribes about religion and politics! 024 If this works out for you, I'm poised to run out and get myself an exercise ball. Monkey see, monkey do!

In a few days there'll probably be a lot of loud crashes in TV as members of the Chat Pack fall off their exercise balls while typing. See what you've started?
Diatribes? Diatribes? -- Donneed no steenkin' diatribes.

Not to worry. There will be no diatribes from me. Dizzy or not. "The Boomer Chronicles" on a slow day? - Yes. Diatribes? - Never. (-although, come to think of it. I did do that one on healthcare one time. Uh oh.)

Anyway, about this exercise ball - I actually learned about this thing, the first time, from a physical therapist. They use them for all kinds of different reasons. I think they use them for certain back problems, but be careful if you have any kind of problem, back or otherwise, that could be made worse by this kind of exercise maybe.

(OK. Here's where I am inserting the medical disclaimer so I am typing really, really fast - the way they talk on those "ask your doctor" parts of those commercials on television.)

All right. Now the disclaimer is in here. So...

My exercise ball is blown up to the level of a chair seat. Make sure your feet are solidly planted on the floor. The moves are like the ones from your childhood hula hoop days. - or maybe like the ones in Noni's belly dancing class. If you sit at the infernal computer long enough, you might be able to master a figure 8. - still working on that one. Be careful. I don't even know if you are supposed to even try a figure 8.

Anyway, I have no business giving any kind of instruction on this. Maybe somebody out there has had a class or something and can help.

All I can say is exercise balls are cheap and you can't try to do this without laughing. At least I can't. Hey, maybe we can start a club and call it The Onto Something Club and we will be nice to anybody who wants to join. - not like those clubs in that other recent thread.

Old 02-23-2008, 07:17 PM

Boomer,
You should be a comedy writer...
The visual of this exercise ball thing is killin me!!!!

I should loan you mine, it's nubby, so maybe it would stabilize you a little better, so you could hang on to that mouse...
Old 02-23-2008, 07:41 PM
Veteran member

I work with a young man who swears by his exercise-ball-as-desk-chair. BBB, I gotta hand it to you. It isn't easy. When I tried I fell off and bruised my ugh .. dignity.

Also: Wheeling, WV * Youngstown, OH* Niles, OH * Oshkosh, WI * Ft. Worth, TX * Da Bronx * Marathon, NY * Bricktown, NJ * Newark, DE * San Antonio, TX * Washington, DC * Tacoma, WA
Old 02-23-2008, 08:50 PM
Sage

The exercise ball is tougher then it looks! Tried one today for the first time at a stretch and tone class. Sitting on it is one thing, its actually very comfy, laying on it facing the ceiling while stretching arms above head and walking backward with feet planted on ground is quite another.

So...... BBB, I have to give you credit where its due, typing while sitting on it definitely takes some talent,sounds like you are mastering the art, WONDERFUL!!! And yes, I am still dizzy from the exercises and they were 5 hours ago!! :

Old 02-23-2008, 09:11 PM
Veteran member

Hope you aren't too dizzy to ride bikes. I'm a-comin down to TV and want my bike ridin pal! No spandex permitted.

Also: Wheeling, WV * Youngstown, OH* Niles, OH * Oshkosh, WI * Ft. Worth, TX * Da Bronx * Marathon, NY * Bricktown, NJ * Newark, DE * San Antonio, TX * Washington, DC * Tacoma, WA
Old 02-23-2008, 09:31 PM
Sage

Another Linda,

Im waiting for ya Linda! We have Redwitch to lead us thru the villages, she is an expert at directions and knows where shes going. Also Village Kid is interested in our slow and easy bike ride. Dizzy is a state Im in 99% of the time, so Im ready when you are, dizzy or not!!! Hurry down! ;D

Old 02-25-2008, 01:21 AM

Have been offline for awhile. LOVE LOVE this site. Is it still going? Noticed no recent posts. Would love to discuss life without sex. How do you cope???
Old 02-25-2008, 02:35 AM
Sage

I definitely want to try an exercise ball for a desk chair. Anyone know where I can buy one in TV? Great idea BBB. :bigthumbsup:

What's everyone been doing????

I got my wig at Markets of Marion.

I got my hair done by Kevin at Salon T .. they have outrageously comfortable chairs for the hair wash part.

Ate at Carrabas Sat night ... very enjoyable evening.

Sale at Bealls on shoes this week .. discount for seniors every Monday I hear.

Designdiva: I think life without sex may have something to do with battery operated devices. Just a guess.

Bought a large queen palm for our front lawn. Forget about getting approval from TV. Hope we didn't need it, or I'll be going to palm tree jail.

What's everyone else been up to?? ;D
Old 02-25-2008, 12:45 PM

BF,
If you go to palm tree jail, call me and I'll bail ya out.
I almost bought one the other day, but feared the jail as I didn't have the approval yet.
Where did you get yours?

Ate at Katie Belles Sat. nite,,, great fun.

And tiled my porch floor (by myself!) last week. Turned out great. But my knees and butt are still sore.

Haven't yet been to the Marion Flea market, but am dying to go.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.