Girl Talk

Closed Thread
Old 10-31-2014, 02:48 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
(snipped)
Uptown Girl, I went here to see about Duri Rejuvacote, and there are many different varieties. Amazon.com: duri nail rejuvacote

Can you tell me what to use?
Thanks!
Sure- Amazon's website made it look confusing!

Rejuvacote is one bottle- one singular product. One step.
It is a clear product when applied, but the bottles look a little pinker from photo to photo on the website.
What they show (forget their wording) is multiple packs of bottles.
Try one bottle, follow the recommended application, (be sure to include the nail tip) and see how you like it once the bottle is done. Keep us posted!
(P.S. their prices are in line- and the bottle lasts a long time.)

Miracote is another product- it is a top coat to be used to seal nail polish and give it a glossy finish. Very good for glossing up the polish between manicures, but has no reparative effect on the nails.
Rejuvacote flew off my shelves at the salon.
Oh yes, remember to use a non- acetone ONLY polish remover, then wash that off with gentle soap.
Old 10-31-2014, 03:10 PM
Sage

Lip plumpers that work ... has anyone found a good product?
Old 10-31-2014, 07:53 PM
Default Anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Lip plumpers that work ... has anyone found a good product?
Class?
Old 10-31-2014, 07:59 PM
Default Never thought of that..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DruannB View Post
Any chance your lip plumper has been contaminated? Or there is a chemical in it that your body can't tolerate. Try an all-natural product. I make lip stains that have no chemicals or preservatives. If you are interested, check out my website: Home | timeout4me. I hope to get a brick and mortar store when we move to TV, or at bare minimum sell at the Farmer's Markets.
My goodness, you are probably right! I have to be extremely careful with skin products, fragrances, WOW...crazy that I never thought of it. I shall look at your website and I hope your venture in TV prospers. Thanks.
Old 10-31-2014, 09:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown Girl View Post
Sure- Amazon's website made it look confusing!

Rejuvacote is one bottle- one singular product. One step.
It is a clear product when applied, but the bottles look a little pinker from photo to photo on the website.
What they show (forget their wording) is multiple packs of bottles.
Try one bottle, follow the recommended application, (be sure to include the nail tip) and see how you like it once the bottle is done. Keep us posted!
(P.S. their prices are in line- and the bottle lasts a long time.)

Miracote is another product- it is a top coat to be used to seal nail polish and give it a glossy finish. Very good for glossing up the polish between manicures, but has no reparative effect on the nails.
Rejuvacote flew off my shelves at the salon.
Oh yes, remember to use a non- acetone ONLY polish remover, then wash that off with gentle soap.
Thanks for the clarification, Uptown Girl.
Old 11-24-2014, 11:50 AM
Sage

Does anyone know what day the restaurant coupons appear in the daily newspaper? Thanks.
Old 11-24-2014, 12:47 PM

The 'Dining Guide' which has the two pages of restaurant ads/coupons is in the Thursday paper.
Old 11-27-2014, 12:16 AM
Sage

Quote:
No, I now keep it short - kind of like a tousled boy cut with choppy bangs…. It works best in layers for me (my silver is not uniform) fits my face, and is easy to manage.
I can make it look sophisticated ( for special occasions- like weddings) but mostly do a random piece-y thing for everyday. A little gel or hairspray helps to hold the fullness at the roots…. I use that sometimes.

Since menopause, my hair is less abundant, especially at the temples and crown. So, shorter hair looks like more on me.
I take water aerobics 3 days a week and we ride in our golf car a lot, so with these factors a short haircut, for me, is now the way to go.
1117.photobucket.com/user/uptowngirlpics1/media/b2893355-685c-41d6-bc72-c1d71f277291.jpg.html]The Villages Florida[/URL]
Jeesh- gotta learn how to make these photos smaller! Hope I didn't scare anyone…. HA!
I just realized that you posted a picture showing your haircut.
It looks great on you, but it wouldn't work for me as I always hide behind long bangs.
I love your eyebrows, they are so natural looking.
If you don't mind sharing ... If your hair is mostly silver, how do you keep your eyebrows dark?
Old 11-27-2014, 05:32 AM
Platinum member

If your hair is abundant enough at the bang area, you can do this same haircut and keep long bangs- have your stylist section off the bangs (in a triangle from almost your crown) and leave them alone… do the rest of the cut, then lightly integrate the bangs in at the end, when the hair is almost dry… leaving them at the length that is comfortable for you.
The front will look like Kaley Cuoco's recent pixie cut.

My brows (thanks, by the way) are showing a little silver here and there and are thinning a bit along with my hair.
I fill them in lightly with an artist's colored pencil (a medium grey) using short, vertical strokes, just as if I were drawing them on paper.
I remove any wayward strokes with a damp Q tip.

here's a tip- if you have a regular (graphite) pencil that has softer graphite, softer than a #2, it makes a perfect eyebrow pencil that works with almost any color brow. Just dull the tip a bit, so it is not sharp and use tiny vertical strokes.

I have also used an angled makeup brush (wet it) and matte eye shadow in the same way. It stays in place until you cleanse or wet your face.
That takes a bit more practice than using a pencil- and you'll want your shadow pan to dry completely before putting it away.

They have some great brush on products (like Dermabrow) online, but they are pricey ($30 + shipping)- so I experimented with what I had on hand and it worked for me.
Old 11-27-2014, 11:42 AM
Sage

Quote:
I have also used an angled makeup brush (wet it) and matte eye shadow in the same way. It stays in place until you cleanse or wet your face.
I use matte eye shadow now. Or when I'm lazy, I wear a baseball hat, cover my eyebrows with my bangs and hope the wind doesn't blow.

What is your opinion on having eyebrows tattooed? I've seen some that are horrendous, and others using short strokes that look somewhat natural (after the first few weeks).
Old 11-27-2014, 11:51 AM
Sage

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...41e3cdab56.jpg

I'm not sure how this hair cut would work in a golf cart.
But it sure would make the "growing out grey" process simpler.
Of course it looks great on her because she is young and has good bone structure.
Old 11-28-2014, 07:25 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
I use matte eye shadow now. Or when I'm lazy, I wear a baseball hat, cover my eyebrows with my bangs and hope the wind doesn't blow.

What is your opinion on having eyebrows tattooed? I've seen some that are horrendous, and others using short strokes that look somewhat natural (after the first few weeks).
In my opinion, you've got to consider the long term effects. Face muscles change with age. Your brow line will too. Tattoos change with age, pigment colors change over time with exposure to sunlight (and perhaps even ph in the skin)
There is an old thread on this topic somewhere- where I talked about an otherwise beautiful woman I met at a party who owned a 'permanent brow' salon. Her brows were tattooed. She thought they looked fabulous. They truly unnerved everyone else.
Old 11-28-2014, 07:38 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...41e3cdab56.jpg

I'm not sure how this hair cut would work in a golf cart.
But it sure would make the "growing out grey" process simpler.
Of course it looks great on her because she is young and has good bone structure.
OH YEAH, that haircut cut (in total) would look pretty trashed after a golf cart ride.
Just mentioned it as an example of a pixie with long bangs in front. REALLY long bangs. That is a razor cut, by the way.
AND you are right, the ideal haircut is balanced to one's bone structure- or, as in my case, lack of bone structure.
If I have to be reincarnated again, I'm picking out high cheekbones, an exquisite jawline and full brows next time.
Old 12-13-2014, 06:18 PM
Caldwellnm@aol.com
Default Would like to find golf partner

I'm not ready to commit to a league, but would like to find someone who would like to play golf one or two days a week. (9 holes) I'm new to The Villages and miss my golfing gals from Michigan. I live in the Village of Pinellas near the library. I'm a terrible golfer, but love to go out and laugh at myself try to play the game.
Old 12-13-2014, 07:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caldwellnm@aol.com View Post
I'm not ready to commit to a league, but would like to find someone who would like to play golf one or two days a week. (9 holes) I'm new to The Villages and miss my golfing gals from Michigan. I live in the Village of Pinellas near the library. I'm a terrible golfer, but love to go out and laugh at myself try to play the game.
I am also a terrible golfer, but I enjoy the fresh air.
I'd be interested in playing one afternoon each week (Wednesday or Friday), starting in 2015.
We do follow the rules, play ready golf and keep up the pace.
I know a couple of other terrible golfers who would probably be interested in joining us.
Would you be willing to play on mid-Villages golf courses? (One girl lives in a far north Village).
Whatdayathink?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.