Girl Talk

Closed Thread
Old 03-08-2015, 11:09 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti105 View Post
I don't know about the bread in the cookie jar keeping the cookies fresh.

That does remind me of another tip regarding bread. If you put a fresh slice of loaf bread in with your brown sugar, the brown sugar will stay soft and not become hard and lumpy. I didn't think this would work, but it did. The slice of bread will become hard as a rock and will need to be changed. But if you keep a slice of bread in the canister, the sugar will stay nice and fresh.

Weird, huh? But it works!!

Slices of apple will also work, but the easiest way is to wet a paper towel or napkin, but not dripping; squeeze the water out.
Place it on a small piece of foil on top the the brown sugar, so the paper towel/napkin isn't touching the sugar.
Bingo!
Your sugar should be soft within about 24 hours or so.
Old 03-08-2015, 11:20 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
It doesn't matter what kind of shampoo and conditioner I use, very expensive or very cheap, my hair turns out the same.
I fall for all the promises of volume and damage repair but my hair never improves.
So now I use Suave Rosemary + Mint because I love the way my hair smells.
I have to pretty much agree with you, Bare. Now, however, I only use a shampoo that doesn't have sodium laureth sulfate, which does dry your hair. The price on that type of shampoo has come down significantly.

After washing my hair, I use one of the conditioners that to me, seems pretty much like the old fashioned cream rinse (remember those???). Every so often I will use one of the thicker conditioners and leave it on for a while before rinsing it out.
Old 03-11-2015, 05:55 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
I have to pretty much agree with you, Bare. Now, however, I only use a shampoo that doesn't have sodium laureth sulfate, which does dry your hair. The price on that type of shampoo has come down significantly.
Could you please share with us the names of a couple of shampoos that don't have SLS?
Old 03-12-2015, 01:41 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Could you please share with us the names of a couple of shampoos that don't have SLS?
Here are some of the sulfate free shampoos I use.
When I finish one bottle, I switch to another;
I don't continue to use the same one all the time.

L'Oreal Everstrong
L'Oreal Eversleek
BigSexyHair
Hask Argan Oil
Old 03-12-2015, 07:23 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
Here are some of the sulfate free shampoos I use.
When I finish one bottle, I switch to another;
I don't continue to use the same one all the time.

L'Oreal Everstrong
L'Oreal Eversleek
BigSexyHair
Hask Argan Oil
Thanks for the names.
I LOVE to hear other peep's recommendations for great cosmetic products.
Old 03-18-2015, 01:44 PM

For a long time, I have been using Sebastian shampoo and conditioner. I think it is a division of Wella. I don't use a lot of conditioner though because it weighs heavy on my hair and flattens it. I have to be careful with mousse for the same reason. If anything, my hair is naturally way too soft.

Recently though, I found out about a mousse by a company called Agadir. It says Argan Oil on the can, underneath the name. I have no idea what argan oil is. And the word oil, on that can, worked in a counterintuitive way, for me. I would think oil would weigh my hair down.

But I am so glad I tried this mousse. In fact, I liked it so much that I ordered the Agadir shampoo and conditioner and hairspray on Amazon. It has arrived and I just used it and I think my hair has a bit more bounce.

I have used the shampoo and conditioner only once so far. I learned that a little goes a long way. But I think I am going to like this stuff with argan oil. Even if I do not know what it is. Will see.
Old 03-18-2015, 02:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurie2 View Post
Recently though, I found out about a mousse by a company called Agadir. It says Argan Oil on the can, underneath the name. I have no idea what argan oil is. And the word oil, on that can, worked in a counterintuitive way, for me. I would think oil would weigh my hair down.

But I am so glad I tried this mousse. In fact, I liked it so much that I ordered the Agadir shampoo and conditioner and hairspray on Amazon. It has arrived and I just used it and I think my hair has a bit more bounce.

I have used the shampoo and conditioner only once so far. I learned that a little goes a long way. But I think I am going to like this stuff with argan oil. Even if I do not know what it is. Will see.
I'm a big fan of trying new things. My hair is also soft and needs more bounce.
Laurie, do you know where can I buy Agadir shampoo and conditioner, other than Amazon?
My friend just returned from a trip and brought me some real, honest to goodness, Argan Oil from the depths of Morocco.
It is fabulous for my nails - I haven't tried it yet for facials or on my hair.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, never mind, I just googled it and found it at Walgreens. I'll definitely try it.

Old 03-18-2015, 08:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
I'm a big fan of trying new things. My hair is also soft and needs more bounce.
Laurie, do you know where can I buy Agadir shampoo and conditioner, other than Amazon?
My friend just returned from a trip and brought me some real, honest to goodness, Argan Oil from the depths of Morocco.
It is fabulous for my nails - I haven't tried it yet for facials or on my hair.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, never mind, I just googled it and found it at Walgreens. I'll definitely try it.

According to Google, Walgreens and Target have it.
Old 03-18-2015, 08:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurie2 View Post
For a long time, I have been using Sebastian shampoo and conditioner. I think it is a division of Wella. I don't use a lot of conditioner though because it weighs heavy on my hair and flattens it. I have to be careful with mousse for the same reason. If anything, my hair is naturally way too soft.

Have a look at this site.
10 Simple Beauty Uses for Organic Argan Oil
Old 05-23-2015, 02:21 PM
Sage
Default Netflix - Grace and Frankie

Has anyone watched Gracie and Frankie on Netflix? It's a hoot.
And of course, Jane Fonda looks awesome.
Old 05-23-2015, 02:51 PM
Veteran member

We have been watching it on Netflix and love it! The script is bang on and very current. I love Frankie and really feel for Sam Waterson. I think he is doing an amazing job, especially when I think of his being on Law and Order for so long. What a switch! I haven't finished the first season and don't know if it is the only one out. Now we are waiting for So You Think You Can Dance to start for our summer watching. Enjoy the summer on the lake Bare!

LW888
Old 05-23-2015, 03:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot;106***4
Has anyone watched Gracie and Frankie on Netflix? It's a hoot.
And of course, Jane Fonda looks awesome.
I don't have time for Netflix. I have to be on the forum.
Old 05-23-2015, 05:41 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I don't have time for Netflix. I have to be on the forum.
Squeeze in a few episodes of Grace & Frankie .... you'll be glad you did.
And it will make Warren happy. I'm not sure why he cares, but he obviously feels that we are spending way too much time on the Forum!
Old 05-23-2015, 06:00 PM
Veteran member

I just want to say that I remember when this thread was started and, my oh my, it is still going strong. I've learned a lot of tips from you ladies!

Wanda
Village of Collier

Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before. ~Mae West

Old 05-23-2015, 06:17 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandatime View Post
I just want to say that I remember when this thread was started and, my oh my, it is still going strong. I've learned a lot of tips from you ladies!
I'm a little too private to talk about girlie things on the general Forum.
Like Juvaderm, muffin tops, sex positions for wrinklies, and waxing bikini lines (haha, like I'd ever wear a bikini again).
I'm kidding about the sex positions, we haven't gotten to those yet.
Some things are best kept private ... although a few guys have wandered in here over the years and hustled right back out.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.