Girl Talk

Closed Thread
Old 02-23-2017, 10:33 AM
Platinum member

Your scalp is in an uproar- To help ease the scalp, first make sure your shampoo is sulfite/sulfate free. Water the shampoo down a little before using. (use a bottled water bottle w/ some water left in it- to gently shake w/shampoo before applying) Suds your head only once,
rinse well. If applying conditioner afterwards, apply only to the hair ends- avoid the scalp for now. Rinse well.

To temporarily return your scalp to the natural acid mantle it is, to it's proper PH, you can use a final rinse of vinegar/water. Pour it on, leave it in. Start with a weak solution, so as not to feel a burn, if scalp is very irritated.
Do not use any other leave-in hair products for now, until your scalp is back to normal.

Take your vitamins to help the body heal from within.
Old 02-23-2017, 12:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraugoofy View Post
Is your scalp only itchy since you moved into your rental?
Yes, exactly, that's why I find it strange, only since we moved into the rental in January. I don't think it's allergies because the whole house is tiled. I've actually been very stressed lately - we are in a rental for three or four months because of a fire at our house, so perhaps that's a big part of the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown Girl View Post
Your scalp is in an uproar- To help ease the scalp, first make sure your shampoo is sulfite/sulfate free. Water the shampoo down a little before using. (use a bottled water bottle w/ some water left in it- to gently shake w/shampoo before applying) Suds your head only once, rinse well.
To temporarily return your scalp to the natural acid mantle it is, to it's proper PH, you can use a final rinse of vinegar/water.
Your comments have helped me in the past. I just checked my shampoo bottle and it's full of sulfates! Yikes. Can you suggest a really good shampoo?
Old 02-24-2017, 12:43 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,204 Times in 740 Posts

Barefoot, you might want to look up Bumble and Bumble Tonic Lotion. It is a detangler that has a calming effect on the scalp. It does not weigh the hair down. It says it has tea tree oil in it, but I do not know what a tea tree is. You should be able to find the ingredients online. (Maybe Uptown Girl is familiar with the product.)

I am hooked on the stuff.

I like Bumble and Bumble products, overall.

Last edited by Boomer; 02-24-2017 at 12:54 AM.
Old 02-24-2017, 10:05 AM
Soaring Parsley

Part II:

I don't know if it makes any difference but I bought my Bumble and Bumble Tonic Lotion at a salon back home.

I just saw a question on Amazon about whether there is a difference in the ingredients in the version available through sources other than a salon. I don't know the answer to that but I do know that there was a time when the salon I go to at home was not too happy with B&B for selling through vendors other than salons.

So who knows.......seems like a lot of trouble to make two versions......seems like if it were a knock-off, it would be soon caught......but who knows.......

I do know that a faucet bought at a big box store is not nearly as good as a faucet bought from a plumbing supplier, even though the company brands both versions. This I know from a hurried experience.....followed by a fast repentance.........and a fast trip to a plumbing supplier.

What's in a name? Who knows anymore.
Old 02-24-2017, 11:12 AM
Platinum member

Bare,
Acceptable shampoos can be found OTC. L'oreal has a particular line labeled as sulfate free...
Aubrey Organics has sulfate free shampoo as do some of the Burt's Bee's products. I am sure you will find others- look at ethnic products also- many have olive oil.
There is no shampoo I am currently in love with, sadly. The companies keep re-inventing their formulas- occasionally for improvement, sometimes for profit alone.
No matter what you choose, Still water it down for now.
Tea tree oil has antiseptic properties. I find it is a bit harsh for my scalp- strips the oils. Not for you right now.

B Complex is helpful for stress. (taken with your largest meal of the day) MegaFood is an all natural brand (made from food)
Available online. I rely on it in stressful circumstances.

I was taught that when the body goes through prolonged, profound stress, the hair and scalp eventually become compromised. Your body knows hair, scalp, nails, are not necessary for your survival- so blood flow continues to necessary organs- brain, heart, etc. and is reduced to other areas.

Holding good thoughts for you
Old 02-24-2017, 11:17 AM
Sage

Thanks Boomer and Uptown Girl.
I'll definitely get sulfate free shampoo and also Megafood Vitamin B.
Old 02-24-2017, 12:56 PM

I would rocket off two emails... one to LL Bean and the other to Lands End. They will advise and likely replace the pants.I found that I had fading clothes when we first moved here five years ago.
I did what you did AND I added the color protector sheets to my washer. I have replaced the washer as well. I find that the sheets in the wash helped. I no longer have that problem.
It was frustrating as can be. Now, with my new machine, I am in laundry Heaven. Consider the age of the washer and if there are filters to be cleaned, do that often. Best of luck!!
SEND THE EMAILS.
Old 02-24-2017, 11:19 PM
Gold member
Default Hi, I would like to introduce you gals to LipSense and SeneGence!

I tried "LipSense" a few months ago. It is pretty new on the scene. But I had heard about it on Pinterest and from my daughters.
LipSense is a liquid lip Color that lasts up to 18 hrs with:
no smudging,
no fading,
no feathering,
no transfer
waterproof too
non drying
Kiss Proof

I know it sounds too good to be true! Right? That is what I thought! But it lives up to every promise.

The first time I tried it I decided to represent the company. Not because I need a hobby or need the $$, but because I really want to share this great product with every woman!

Before LipSense, I wouldn't wear lip color because it would just disappear onto my glass, napkin, straw, etc, I know that you know exactly what I mean!!

This doesn't budge!!

I have been representing the company for about 6 months and doing it very low key. As I have been selling Lip Color I have earned the Skin Care line and Cosmetics that SeneGence makes. At first I couldn't care less about the Cosmetics or Skin Care. I have always used products recommended by my Dermatologist. But since I earned them, I decided to try them and again. I have been won over.

Their Skin Care and Cosmetic line all contain a proprietary blend of Anti-Aging agents. So basically the cosmetics are skin care with color!

All their products contain the best and latest advances in skin care with a stabilized Vit C serum and Hyualronic acid as the back bone of their line.

Their Skin Care is developed with a "SeneShield" which provides a sun block equivalent to an SPF 30 without the harmful SPF chemicals.So the super light weight Day time moisturizer and Foundation will protect you in the sun, but they are also no smudge, no smear, and sweat proof and waterproof! Perfect for our active Villages lifestyle! Swim, Golf, and your make up won't budge!! Even the Cream to Powder Eye Shadows are creaseproof, waterproof and smudge proof. Your make up looks great from the time you put it on until you take it off. SeneGence has patented these lines, so no one else can offer anything even similar.

After showing the line to my Dermatologist I was told that these products are as good as the products that I had previously been buying, Obagi, Skinceuticals etc. And they are much less expensive.

Nothing that SeneGence makes is ever animal tested, contain no animal products, there is no GMOs, everything is Gulten free, all made in the USA, FDA approved and made in Pharmaceutical grade labs, not Cosmetic grade labs. The quality cannot be better.

So I am ready to share this great line of products with all of you!! We also need more distributors. This company has grown 800% in the last 12 months.

I have taken the plunge and will have a booth on Thursday, March 2 at the Woman's Expo at the Polo Field. So come by and see me and try the products that will change your life! !00% Money Back Guarantee of course!!

Any questions, please give me a call or email!
Dotti-801-358-9888
dottilove@gmail.com

Thanks gals, I will be looking forward to seeing you on Thursday!!
XXOO
Dotti

Last edited by dotti105; 02-24-2017 at 11:32 PM.
Old 03-02-2017, 10:43 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronsroni View Post
I have replaced the washer as well. ..... Now, with my new machine, I am in laundry Heaven.
I have to ask - what is the make of your new washer?
Old 03-02-2017, 12:06 PM

Has anyone tried Surface shampoo? I think It's vegan.
Old 03-11-2017, 10:26 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunnyGirl69 View Post
Has anyone tried Surface shampoo? I think It's vegan.
I haven't tried Surface shampoo, are you recommending it? Is it sulfate free?
I'm currently using L'Oreal Everpure sulfate-free shampoo based on Uptown Girl's recommendation.

Last edited by Barefoot; 03-11-2017 at 10:33 AM.
Old 03-27-2017, 04:19 PM
Soaring Parsley

I have been watching Feud:Bette and Joan. It is about the ongoing hostility between Joan Crawford and Bette Davis. It is set in 1962 while they were filming "What Ever Happened to Baby Jane."

The studio encouraged the feud for publicity because it sold in the gossip columns that were so popular at the time. Hedda Hopper (and her famous hats) are a part of the story.

Susan Sarandon and Jessica Lang (who have star power of their own) play Bette and Joan.

I like it. Also, it is fun to see the clothes, houses, and cars of the era.
Old 03-27-2017, 04:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
I have been watching Feud:Bette and Joan. It is about the ongoing hostility between Joan Crawford and Bette Davis. It is set in 1962 while they were filming "What Ever Happened to Baby Jane."

The studio encouraged the feud for publicity because it sold in the gossip columns that were so popular at the time. Hedda Hopper (and her famous hats) are a part of the story.

Susan Sarandon and Jessica Lang (who have star power of their own) play Bette and Joan.

I like it. Also, it is fun to see the clothes, houses, and cars of the era.
Is it a series, a movie, or...? Where can it be found--TV, Netflix, HBO?
Old 03-27-2017, 05:24 PM
Soaring Parsley

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Is it a series, a movie, or...? Where can it be found--TV, Netflix, HBO?

It's on FX on Sunday nights. It is a series, with I think 6 episodes--but I am not sure. I record it but it might be on On Demand.
Old 04-01-2017, 06:12 PM
Sage

I recently had my hair cut by Linda who offers Concierge Hair Service.
I heard about her on TOTV, and I plan to use her again.
A very pleasant lady who comes to your home; and she is very inexpensive.
She specializes in color, highlights, balayage, etc.
If you are interested, Linda's telephone number is 410-259-8337.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.