Girl Talk

Closed Thread
Old 08-21-2017, 09:06 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

I am sitting here looking at a magazine ad for L'Oréal pure clay masks. There are different kinds that are different colors. (One with seaweed. One with charcoal. One with eucalyptus. One with red algae. The woman in the ad has all the colors smeared on her face. Gotta luv marketing.) These look interesting. I like the blue one. Has anybody tried any of them?

I would like to find a relatively inexpensive facial mask to use at home. Any suggestions?
Old 08-28-2017, 12:31 PM

I love the facial masks from Lush cosmetics. They are available in some stores, but I order online at Lush. The rosy cheeks one is my favorite. They are fresh, handmade cosmetics.
Old 08-28-2017, 01:20 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgroemm View Post
I love the facial masks from Lush cosmetics. They are available in some stores, but I order online at Lush. The rosy cheeks one is my favorite. They are fresh, handmade cosmetics.
"Rosy cheeks" looks interesting. I love trying new stuff (not that I ever look any better).
However the description on the Lush website says they're available "in stores only".
Old 09-30-2017, 08:18 PM
Soaring Parsley

If you have Amazon Prime and you feel like watching a sweet little movie, you might like Greenfingers -- especially if you're a gardener. Helen Mirren is in it.

(It might be on Netflix, too.)

Last edited by Boomer; 09-30-2017 at 08:23 PM.
Old 10-01-2017, 12:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
I am sitting here looking at a magazine ad for L'Oréal pure clay masks. There are different kinds that are different colors. (One with seaweed. One with charcoal. One with eucalyptus. One with red algae. The woman in the ad has all the colors smeared on her face. Gotta luv marketing.) These look interesting. I like the blue one. Has anybody tried any of them?
I've seen the L'Oreal masks advertised. I think the charcoal one is for acne, the opposite of hydrating.
Have you tried all the colours? Do you recommend the blue one?
Old 10-01-2017, 12:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
If you have Amazon Prime and you feel like watching a sweet little movie, you might like Greenfingers -- especially if you're a gardener. Helen Mirren is in it.
I love gardening; and I really like Helen Mirren and Judi Dench. I'll look for Greenfingers on Netflix.
Right now I don't have Amazon Prime as I cancelled it in Canada on Amazon.ca. I haven't yet activated it on Amazon.com.
Old 10-01-2017, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I love gardening; and I really like Helen Mirren and Judi Dench. I'll look for Greenfingers on Netflix.
Right now I don't have Amazon Prime as I cancelled it in Canada on Amazon.ca. I haven't yet activated it on Amazon.com.
Yes, I saw it. Great movie!

Northeast Ohio, Northern California, including Santa Cruz, Oakland Hills, East Bay, Stockton and Merced and now The Villages
Old 10-16-2017, 11:06 AM
Soaring Parsley

Is it just me?

What is going on lately with the sleeves on tops?

Bell-Bottom Sleeves. Pirate-Sleeves. Puffy from top-to-bottom Sleeves. (Wasn't there a Seinfeld episode about the puffy shirt?) Sleeves that look like something Mama Cass would have worn. Fringed sleeves. Sleeves that Halloween witches would like.

I do not need to make some kind of fashion statement, especially one that would make me have to be constantly responsible for my sleeves......

I know I would end up dragging them through my soup and/or catching them in the car door.......

I know I probably would have knee-jerk reactions and jump in to wipe up any red wine spills as fast as possible.

I guess I am a Fashion Don't.
Old 10-16-2017, 11:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Is it just me?

Bell-Bottom Sleeves. Pirate-Sleeves. Puffy from top-to-bottom Sleeves. (Wasn't there a Seinfeld episode about the puffy shirt?) Sleeves that look like something Mama Cass would have worn. Fringed sleeves. Sleeves that Halloween witches would like.

I do not need to make some kind of fashion statement, especially one that would make me have to be constantly responsible for my sleeves......

I know I would end up dragging them through my soup and/or catching them in the car door.......

I know I probably would have knee-jerk reactions and jump in to wipe up any red wine spills as fast as possible.

You are so spot-on, Boomer. These sleeves were designed for the 20-30 yr-old group. And we've been left in their dust.
Old 10-16-2017, 02:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Is it just me?

Totally agree .... also dislike tthe "cold shoulder" look, it has been done to death. Just another thing to get us to buy new clothing. I am a classic dress person. I have been wearing the same basic classic style for years and I will continue to do so until the day I croak! And, while I am having my rant - what about these new shoes with the huge clunky heels. Where did they come from? Don't do much for a "neatly turned ankle"!

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Last edited by Madelaine Amee; 10-16-2017 at 03:48 PM.
Old 10-16-2017, 04:54 PM

You know how your eye shadow tends to migrate into the lovely creases that come with age on your eyelid? I found something that really keeps the shadow in the place you put it! It is from Urban Decay cosmetics and its called "Eyeshadow Primer Potion" it comes in "Anti-aging" and regular. It was a little pricey 12$ for the small tube and $22 for the larger one, but it lasts a long time. I found it at Ulta Beauty, but it is probably available other places that carry Urban Decay. I've tried lots of eye shadow primers and this one really works!
Old 10-16-2017, 10:57 PM
Sage

Quote:
You know how your eye shadow tends to migrate into the lovely creases that come with age on your eyelid? I found something that really keeps the shadow in the place you put it! It is from Urban Decay cosmetics and its called "Eyeshadow Primer Potion" it comes in "Anti-aging" and regular. It was a little pricey 12$ for the small tube and $22 for the larger one, but it lasts a long time. I found it at Ulta Beauty, but it is probably available other places that carry Urban Decay. I've tried lots of eye shadow primers and this one really works!
Is the Urban Decay eyeshadow primer potion "slippery"? I find the primers often have a greasy feel.
Old 10-17-2017, 01:42 AM
Veteran member
Red face Yes, a lot less $$$

Quote:
Look for it on eBay.
It is seriously less expensive!
Old 10-17-2017, 09:27 AM

I'm interested! Just moved here. I'm 63 and single.
Nancy Alexander
Old 10-17-2017, 04:49 PM

No it goes on like liquid but quickly dries to a powdery feel. I find it best to apply a thin layer of a neutral tan/peach eye shadow before my color (i.e. blue/brown etc.) because the primer potion grabs hold of the color quickly and it spreads nicely with a base color under it.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.