Girl Talk

Girl Talk

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 10-25-2010, 07:34 AM
Sage

LisaJ, I don't have any advise, just sympathy for you after reading about your ailments. It sounds very painful.

Have you done things that caused lots of impact on your feet, like areobics, running or perhaps from a job?

After reading about plantar fasciitis and post tibial tendonitis, it sounds like the ptt was caused by the plantar fasciitis...maybe how you've favored that leg when you tried to walk.

I hope someone can help with a suggestion to ease the pain.

Old 10-25-2010, 07:49 AM

Hi B-
Yes, it is from my job. I am a realtor (from Naples), and was on my feet alot. I took 4 months off this summer hoping that would help. It didn't. I've been to several doctors however, I have found the people of TOTV to be sooo knowledgeable and helpful that I thought I would reach out for help. Thanks so much for your kind words.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2010, 08:22 AM
Dancing Thyme

I had Plantar Fasciitis from dancing so much in the wrong shoes and I was in soooo much pain and I didn't want to have any surgeries because I've heard horror stories about them. I went to All About Feet on 466 near Bargains & Treasures and that man was a miracle maker. He sold me some orthothic (sp?) innersoles for my existing shoes and also sold me a set of "MIRACLE" shoes that instantly cured and stopped my pain. That was about 6 months ago and I haven't had a problem since. The shoes were about $70 and I use them all day long in the house but don't wear them dancing as they are slipons and I can only dance in closed shoes, but my shoes with the innersoles have been working great. If you want more about this store, I will look for his card for you. I call him the Miracle Worker as I was in so much pain. Good Luck!!

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 10-25-2010, 08:43 AM
Gold member

I had plantar faschiitis about 4 years ago for probably over a year. Extremely painful, and not only when you are walking, as you know if you've ever had it. Sometimes you're just sitting on the couch when pain shoots thru your heel/foot/leg.

Family doctor referred me to a podiatrist. I also had a heel spur, which I think is common. Took naproxen twice a day for about 2 mos (no longer took it ONLY when I had a flare-up) and also got a cortisone shot in the heel. Can't remember which order I did that in.

Podiatrist recommended orthotics but I didn't get them since I love wearing sandals and didn't like the looks of them in sandals. Maybe the specialty shoe store can do a better job there.

If the PF had persisted I would have tried them (orthotics). I think I also would have tried acupuncture and reflexology, but didn't need to in my case (so far).

Threw out all shoes except ones that have very good arch support - Merrell's are my favorite. Hardly ever wear heels. Liked the way Born felt but have had 2 soles crack and they only have a 1 year warranty and shoe repair can't repair their soles. Thanks for the shoe store recommendation, Kathie - will stop in when I get to TV in November.
Old 10-25-2010, 09:51 AM
Sage

Hi LisaJ,
The only thing that helped my PF was orthotics. But be warned. Most of the brands sold in supermarkets and drugstores, including Dr. Scholls, make the PF worse! To relieve PF, orthotics must be rock hard and have arch support. Spenco is the only store-bought brand I've seen that works. Sounds like KathieI found another one at the All About Feet store she mentioned. (Can't wait to check it out when I'm there!) I have a custom pair ordered and fitted by my orthopedic doctor. They work great, but it does limit the type of shoes I can wear. If I wear sandals for any extended time (sans orthotics), I pay dearly.

Best of luck to you. I hope you find relief soon!
Old 10-25-2010, 10:02 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

There is a wonderful shoe store in Spanish Springs town square and they carry only the best shoes -- I think it is All About Feet.
Old 10-30-2010, 08:22 AM
Soaring Parsley

Default Where have all the Skittles gone?

Maybe there are no trick-or-treaters in TV. But I am in Ohio.

Why oh why oh why oh….

Why has nobody designed a little Halloween vault with a big lock with a timer? – a timed lock that can be set to open the little vault just a few minutes before the first trick-or-treater is due. And not before – no matter what.

Kit Kats! And Reese’s! And Twix! Oh My!

I tried to buy Skittles. I hate Skittles. I do not understand why anybody likes Skittles. But kids like Skittles. And I do not. And so for years I bought Skittles…….

BUT NOW I cannot find Skittles anywhere.

I could not keep my fool-proof plan to myself. Ohhhh, nooooo, I had to blab my plan --my plan to avoid EATING ALL THE HALLOWEEN CANDY before the first little superhero shows up at the door to rescue me.

Maybe you have heard that old saying, “No good deed goes unpunished.” I have never liked that saying, but I guess old sayings get to be old sayings because sometimes they come true.

Yep. I thought I was doing one of those good deeds when year after year, I revealed my Skittles plan to other women. And I bet they told even more women. AND NOW, they are all out there beating me to the Skittles. By the time I get around to buying the Halloween candy, only the good stuff is left.

I guess if I were an entrepreneur, I would either invent that Halloween vault with the timed lock or buy up a bunch of Skittles next summer and scalp them when it gets close to Halloween.

Chocoholic Boomer

PS: Yeah. Yeah. I know. I know. You might be asking why I do not just ask Mr. Boomer to hide the candy from me. I have tried that. It does not work.

Mata Hari Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 10-30-2010 at 08:27 AM.
Old 10-30-2010, 12:39 PM

My daughter also has foot pain, both feet. If your feet hurt everything hurts! A great sandal that I know can be bought at Macy's is the Fitflop. Not cheap but very worth the price. I also have a pair of Skechers tone up flip flops which I practically live in. Both brands have great arch support, not sure if they help plantar f..... I had always been one to take shoes off when I came in the door. Not a good idea when the floor is made of hard tile so now I keep my flipflops on even when inside.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:35 AM
Sage

My podiatrist recommended Naot brand shoes for my plantar faciatis. They are made in Israel and are available at the shoe store in Spanish Springs. They have great insoles, or you can remove them, and put your own insoles in.

Naots come in clogs and dressy sandals. I swear by them and wear them a lot. I love to go barefoot, which I shouldn't do. But as soon as I feel any foot discomfort, I start wearing my Naots all the time and my feet feel great again.

P.S.
Boomer, I SO understand your Halloween strategy of buying candy you don't like. I did that for years. Of course I had more will power then. Now I buy what I like, but hide it from myself in the garage. In the hope that during the trip to the garage, the craving will go away. But sadly, it never does.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:49 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9-Lovers View Post
There is a wonderful shoe store in Spanish Springs town square and they carry only the best shoes -- I think it is All About Feet.
That's the store. I have a couple of pairs of shoes from there, Finn Comfort shoes....one pair of sandals, another pair of athletic shoes. They have a great fit and arch support for anyone with plantar problems. The insole is removable and replaceable. Only problem is the shoes are mucho expensive. I also have an orthotic from them that I wear in my other shoes.

I've also bought shoes from All About Feet. There I got relief from another foot difficulty I was experiencing at the time.

When your feet hurt, it's difficult to do anything. Good luck is getting the situation taken care of.