Girl Talk

Closed Thread
Old 01-29-2018, 05:04 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown Girl View Post
Bare,
Acceptable shampoos can be found OTC. L'oreal has a particular line labeled as sulfate free...
Aubrey Organics has sulfate free shampoo as do some of the Burt's Bee's products. I am sure you will find others- look at ethnic products also- many have olive oil.
There is no shampoo I am currently in love with, sadly. The companies keep re-inventing their formulas- occasionally for improvement, sometimes for profit alone.
No matter what you choose, Still water it down for now.
Tea tree oil has antiseptic properties. I find it is a bit harsh for my scalp- strips the oils. Not for you right now.

B Complex is helpful for stress. (taken with your largest meal of the day) MegaFood is an all natural brand (made from food)
Available online. I rely on it in stressful circumstances.

I was taught that when the body goes through prolonged, profound stress, the hair and scalp eventually become compromised. Your body knows hair, scalp, nails, are not necessary for your survival- so blood flow continues to necessary organs- brain, heart, etc. and is reduced to other areas.

Holding good thoughts for you
Do you know of a group in TV that discusses health, nutrition, etc? We're new here but vegetarians & very health conscious. Would love to meet other people with the same interests. Thanks.
Old 01-29-2018, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
I got a big kick out of the scene where Grace is trying to discourage the affections of the younger man. (“Younger” is a relative thing though because he looks like he is probably in his 60s.) Anyway, I loved it when she wipes off her makeup, pulls off the false eyelashes, and pulls the extensions from her hair, and says something like, ”Here I am.” — But he is still around.

(Interesting that the writers wrote his character as very rich so we know he is not after her money. He could get his own beach house.)

I am not finished binge watching yet. I guess this is kind of a binge-ette for me —unlike “Shameless” which I raced through — shameful though I felt.
That was the best scene ever and Jane did a wonderful job..
Old 03-28-2018, 11:15 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by starflyte1 View Post
I met Cindy this afternoon and feel very comfortable with her doing my liner. Now to wait for March!
I know you had eyeliner done, and you said it wasn't painful.
But my fear is that the product she uses to deaden the area would get in your eyes.

I think you said you're having lip liner also, and I think she does blusher on the lip area.
Do you have any comments about that process?
Old 04-09-2018, 01:37 PM

Has anyone had or know someone who has had The MONA LISA TOUCH? I'm considering this procedure. Thanks.
Old 04-09-2018, 02:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddygirl View Post
Has anyone had or know someone who has had The MONA LISA TOUCH? I'm considering this procedure. Thanks.
I know nothing about the Mona Lisa Touch.
I read the information on their website and it sounds great.
Hopefully other readers with experience will post.
Old 04-09-2018, 02:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
I got a big kick out of the scene where Grace is trying to discourage the affections of the younger man. (“Younger” is a relative thing though because he looks like he is probably in his 60s.) Anyway, I loved it when she wipes off her makeup, pulls off the false eyelashes, and pulls the extensions from her hair, and says something like, ”Here I am.” — But he is still around.

(Interesting that the writers wrote his character as very rich so we know he is not after her money. He could get his own beach house.)

I am not finished binge watching yet. I guess this is kind of a binge-ette for me —unlike “Shameless” which I raced through — shameful though I felt.
I am a huge fan of Grace and Frankie.
I did enjoy the scene where Grace tries to discourage the attentions of her younger boyfriend because she is tired of getting up in the middle of the night to look "naturally" gorgeous!
Is it only my impression, or has G & F discussed more about age-related issues than ever before?

And now on to watch Shameless.
Old 04-25-2018, 10:31 AM
Default Eyebrow tattoo, who to go too

Lots of old posts whom people love but nothing current. Joanne from Jaylee has retired. Who’s the best of the best. Who would you recommend.
Old 04-25-2018, 07:27 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne0812 View Post
Lots of old posts whom people love but nothing current. Joanne from Jaylee has retired. Who’s the best of the best. Who would you recommend.
I would think volume of business would be an indication of the professional abilities of an eyebrow technician.
Word of mouth says Cindy Fowler is excellent; and she already has appointments in November.
Old 05-25-2018, 01:17 PM
Sage

Quote:
I met Cindy this afternoon and feel very comfortable with her doing my liner. She is a tiny person and soft spoken. I believe she has been doing this for 30? years, though she doesn't look old enough. She said she is a perfectionist and put removable eyeliner on me to kind of give me idea how it will look. I am very comfortable with my decision. Now to wait for March!

Now you've had your eyeliner for two months, are you glad you did it? I'll send you a PM.

Last edited by Barefoot; 06-06-2018 at 09:55 AM.
Old 06-15-2018, 11:35 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

We have been planning to “cut the cord” but a few days ago, I watched Dietland on AMC and On Demand.

It is one weird show. But it sure has an interesting premise. It is based on a book — that I have not read.

All the acting is really good. The actress who was “The Good Wife” is not so good now. She could make that boss in “The Devil Wears Prada” look like Mary Poppins.

I am now putting off getting rid of cable — at least until I find out what happens to Plum. And just who is Jennifer? Really?
Old 06-15-2018, 02:05 PM
Veteran member
Location: MI, LA, IN, IL, MI (2), MA, NC, CA (2)A, FL, VA, RI, NH, OR (2), FL (2), WI (2), MN

Quote:
I know that hair cuts have been discussed, but would like to ask if there is anyone anyone would recommend for a short cut, ie Dorothy Hammil. Want to keep lots of hair, just want it short off my neck with a really good cut. We will be moving to TV full time, and would like to find someone there. Thanks.

Pat
Hope you are not one of those seeking a blue cloud.
Old 06-15-2018, 04:16 PM

I have been seeing Kevin at Cal’s In Spanish Springs since he started there. About 5 or so years. He has always given me the style or perm I have wanted.
I give him 10 plus stars.
Phone number - 352 753 3377.

Vicar of Dibley
Old 06-15-2018, 08:13 PM
Platinum member

EPPuttman, Blue cloud????? Check the date. I have lived here 8+ years now.
Old 06-16-2018, 07:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
EPPuttman, Blue cloud????? Check the date. I have lived here 8+ years now.
What is a blue cloud?
Old 06-16-2018, 08:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
What is a blue cloud?
I thought it was that blue stuff they used to put in old ladies hair

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.