Girl Talk

Closed Thread
Old 07-20-2019, 03:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Lots of dog shows in Ocala when the weather gets cooler.
Old 07-20-2019, 04:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
Lots of dog shows in Ocala when the weather gets cooler.
Interested. Where would I get more information on the local dog shows?

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 07-20-2019, 04:31 PM
Sage

Google Ocala dog shows or Gainesville dog shows. Both cities have huge dog clubs that put on many events. It will bbe months from now because it is way too ho show dogs.
Old 07-22-2019, 09:15 AM
Default Nails and Pedi

The girl who use to work at Walmart on 466 has left and I found out she now works at Sunshine Hair & Nails 17860 S.E. 109th Ave. suite 611 & 612 Summerfield,Fl. Her name is My and she is best nail tech I ever had, give her a call at 352 307 0099 and see for your self. Shaina
Old 07-22-2019, 04:44 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
There is a comfort on this thread, I know if I have an issue I won’t be attacked for it.
It's wonderful that you feel safe on this thread. It's meant to be a friendly place.
Quote:
I have a Polish Lowland Sheepdog and a Havanese.
You seem to be very knowledgeable about dog shows.
I assume you show your Polish Lowland Sheepdog. Do you also show your Havanese?

I have a golden doodle that was rehomed two years ago when he was seven months old.
The previous owners thought he was too exuberant; and he is a tad excitable when he meets new people.
He is very sweet tempered, loves everyone, and weighs 60 lbs.

I also have a yorkie/cairn terrier mix that I rescued via Max's Pet Connection.
Baxter is 3 1/2 and weighs ten lbs.
Doodle and Baxter are best friends, thanks to Doodle's sweet personality.

I posted a picture below, but it's upside down.
Sadly, being computer illiterate, I don't know how to correct it.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Baxter amd Doodle on New Deck June 2019.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	108.4 KB
ID:	80250  

Last edited by Barefoot; 07-22-2019 at 04:53 PM.
Old 07-22-2019, 04:49 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by shhkitten View Post
The girl who use to work at Walmart on 466 has left and I found out she now works at Sunshine Hair & Nails 17860 S.E. 109th Ave. suite 611 & 612 Summerfield,Fl. Shaina
Hey Shaina, I see it's your first past. Welcome to TOTV and to Girl Talk.
Old 07-22-2019, 04:59 PM
Sage
Default Dog Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
It's wonderful that you feel safe on this thread. It's meant to be a friendly place.

You seem to be very knowledgeable about dog shows.
I assume you show your Polish Lowland Sheepdog. Do you also show your Havanese?

I have a golden doodle that was rehomed two years ago when he was seven months old.
The previous owners thought he was too exuberant; and he is a tad excitable when he meets new people.
He is very sweet tempered, loves everyone, and weighs 60 lbs.

I also have a yorkie/cairn terrier mix that I rescued via Max's Pet Connection.
Baxter is 3 1/2 and weighs ten lbs.
Doodle and Baxter are best friends, thanks to Doodle's sweet personality.

I posted a picture below, but it's upside down.
Sadly, being computer illiterate, I don't know how to correct it.
I have loved dogs since I ws 7 years old. Always had them as family members not for competition. I always did fun things with them . In the 1990's I started going to Camp Gone to the Dogs in Vermont. It was known as a vacation for you and your dog. I bought the Camp in 2004 and ran it to 2014 and sold it. My Havanese Ziggy Stardust's sire is a Grand Champion and the dam was a Champion. He is neutered. I chose him because the breeder does 100% genetic testing on her dogs before breeding. I was amazed to finder her. She is an AKC Breeder of Merit and she lives in Summerfield, FL 11 miles from my house.
Old 07-26-2019, 08:49 AM
Sage

Quote:
I have loved dogs since I was 7 years old. Always had them as family members not for competition. I always did fun things with them . In the 1990's I started going to Camp Gone to the Dogs in Vermont. It was known as a vacation for you and your dog. I bought the Camp in 2004 and ran it to 2014 and sold it. My Havanese Ziggy Stardust's sire is a Grand Champion and the dam was a Champion. He is neutered. I chose him because the breeder does 100% genetic testing on her dogs before breeding. I was amazed to finder her. She is an AKC Breeder of Merit and she lives in Summerfield, FL 11 miles from my house.
I have always loved dogs also.
I had four dogs when we lived on a horse farm. Of course, now I'm limited to two dogs.
We actually bought a house in The Villages because it's rare to find a place that allows big dogs.
Camp Gone to the Dogs in Vermont sounds like a great place to go for vacation.
Someone on the Chit-Chat Lounge is looking for Havanese puppies.
They might be interested in hearing about your breeder in Summerfield.
Old 07-26-2019, 08:56 AM
Sage
Default Havanese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I have always loved dogs also.
I had four dogs when we lived on a horse farm. Of course, now I'm limited to two dogs.
We actually bought a house in The Villages because it's rare to find a place that allows big dogs.
Camp Gone to the Dogs in Vermont sounds like a great place to go for vacation.
Someone on the Chit-Chat Lounge is looking for Havanese puppies.
They might be interested in hearing about your breeder in Summerfield.
I will message the poster.
Old 07-26-2019, 09:06 AM
Sage

Quote:
Google Ocala dog shows or Gainesville dog shows. Both cities have huge dog clubs that put on many events. It will bbe months from now because it is way too ho show dogs.
Thank you for the information. This is the first time we have been without a dog, our last is my Avatar. We found her in the UK at an excellent Lab breeder. We were only allowed to have her because she did not have all her teeth and would not have been able to be bred in Europe because she was not perfect. Well, she was perfect enough for us and we miss her every day. We have tried to find an English female lab that is past her breeding years, but older dogs are highly prized and unless you know someone who knows someone they are almost impossible to find. My sons still live in NH and there are some great English Labs being bred there, but I don't want a puppy.

Again, thanks for your information.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 07-26-2019, 09:42 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
Thank you for the information. This is the first time we have been without a dog, our last is my Avatar.
I'm sorry for your loss -- it's always sad to lose a dog. And it never gets any easier.
I know you probably want a lab again, but there are lots of older dogs available at Max's Pet Connection.
That's where I adopted my Baxter. They are on the sidewalk at Petsmart on Saturday mornings.
Old 07-26-2019, 10:44 AM
Sage
Default Very Sorry

Quote:
Thank you for the information. This is the first time we have been without a dog, our last is my Avatar. We found her in the UK at an excellent Lab breeder. We were only allowed to have her because she did not have all her teeth and would not have been able to be bred in Europe because she was not perfect. Well, she was perfect enough for us and we miss her every day. We have tried to find an English female lab that is past her breeding years, but older dogs are highly prized and unless you know someone who knows someone they are almost impossible to find. My sons still live in NH and there are some great English Labs being bred there, but I don't want a puppy.

Again, thanks for your information.
So sorry for your loss I truly know how you feel. We moved here in 2012 with 3 Polish Lowland Sheepdogs. Unfortunately, Zorro passed less then 2 years after we moved. I understood I could not get another dog because we still had 2. We made an agreement no more dogs and no way ever a puppy. Zeta crossed the bridge last November and we were down to Zuni. It did not take 2 weeks I wanted a dog. My husband agreed as long as it was not a puppy. Short story Ziggy Stardust, an Irish Red Pied Brindle joined our family in December at 3 months old!
I still have a lot of connections in the dog world. Do you want me to put out feelers for an adult English Lab?
Old 07-26-2019, 11:35 AM
Sage

Quote:
So sorry for your loss I truly know how you feel. We moved here in 2012 with 3 Polish Lowland Sheepdogs. Unfortunately, Zorro passed less then 2 years after we moved. I understood I could not get another dog because we still had 2. We made an agreement no more dogs and no way ever a puppy. Zeta crossed the bridge last November and we were down to Zuni. It did not take 2 weeks I wanted a dog. My husband agreed as long as it was not a puppy. Short story Ziggy Stardust, an Irish Red Pied Brindle joined our family in December at 3 months old!
I still have a lot of connections in the dog world. Do you want me to put out feelers for an adult English Lab?
I would really appreciate you doing that for us but it has to be a female. Although if you found a male dog desperate for a home we probably would love it just as much as a female. As to age .... if you can do it we would prefer no younger than four, but we have no problems with a much older dog.

Old 07-26-2019, 11:50 AM
Sage

Quote:
I have just remembered something. Several years ago I was in the Walmart parking lot off 466 when a big pick up pulled in with two of the best English Labs I have ever seen in the bed of the truck. The driver was a very pleasant man who told me he lived in Quail Hollow and the dogs were from a Lab Breeder in Williston. I have done everything to find this breeder but have had no luck, would you happen to know of this person?

Old 07-26-2019, 01:51 PM
Sage
Default Lab Search

Quote:
I have just remembered something. Several years ago I was in the Walmart parking lot off 466 when a big pick up pulled in with two of the best English Labs I have ever seen in the bed of the truck. The driver was a very pleasant man who told me he lived in Quail Hollow and the dogs were from a Lab Breeder in Williston. I have done everything to find this breeder but have had no luck, would you happen to know of this person?
I do not know that breeder. I just posted on FB what you are looking for. Hopefully, I will receive some responses.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.