Girl Talk

Girl Talk

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Re: Girl Talk
Old 02-09-2008, 02:22 PM
Sage

Default Re: Girl Talk

Tell him he's on! What time would he like me there? hehehehehehehe

(I'm hoping byob is bring your own brand! And I like L'Oreal, too.)

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein

Old 02-09-2008, 02:33 PM
Soaring Parsley

OK.

Now I am really jealous.

I cannot BYOB because nothing OTC will cover my big white spot that is right on top. If it were only a streak, I would let it go.

I can't score Wella on the street. Salon only.

When my hairdresser had to bring me back from the festive shade of pink where I had been left by my former hairdresser, I was in the chair for hours. She took all the color out. Tried one brand to put it back. Did not get it. Then hit it with Wella. That is the only thing that works. She also finishes the process by adding something called "clear" which closes the cuticle that is roughed up with dye. That brings back the shine. (At least I think that's how it works. - anyway, it works.)

As far as letting it go - How in the world do you do the transition? - not that I am even considering it. I do think that is easier for those with dark hair because they just do the sophisticated salt and pepper thing for awhile.

(OK girls, now we have bored the men to the point of stupefaction so we can talk about other stuff. They will never look back.)

mustleavemyhousemustleavemyhousemustleavemyhouse
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2008, 02:34 PM
Sage

So far, no-one planning to go grey??? If anyone has gone "natural", how do you make the transition from now to then? Guess I could go try on a grey wig. Ulp. Just the thought of it makes me cringe.

(Red, good luck with Hyacinth's husband, he is obviously a man of many talents.)
Old 02-09-2008, 02:41 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer BeBack
put it back. Did not get it. Then hit it with Wella. That is the only thing that works. She (OK girls, now we have bored the men to the point of stupefaction so we can talk about other stuff. They will never look back.) tleavemyhousemustleavemyhousemustleavemyhouse
BBB, that was the point of the hair discussion. To bore the men silly. Alhough your story of pink was fascinating. ;D ;D Now, they're gone and we can talk about face creams that work, sex, lip plumpers, good places to shop for clothes in TV, etc.

For instance Spanx .... (if you haven't tried it, you're missing out).
Old 02-09-2008, 02:43 PM
Sage

Oh, my tip of the day! Safety pin your socks together before doing your laundry. (2 at a time, silly.) It makes sorting laundry easier and your dryer will never eat another sock.

Last edited by Barefoot; 01-02-2016 at 02:09 PM.
Old 02-09-2008, 02:44 PM
Sage

I will go grey when I'm all white. I haven't seen my "natural" color since I was 16 (and when it was growing back from chemo but that doesn't count). As to transitioning, I'll just let it grow for about two to three months (thank goodness I love baseball caps) and then get it all cut off but the natural stuff.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 02-09-2008, 02:50 PM
Soaring Parsley

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefoot at last
BBB, that was the point of the hair discussion. To bore the men silly. Alhough your story of pink was fascinating. ;D ;D Now, they're gone and we can talk about face creams that work, sex, lip plumpers, good places to shop for clothes in TV, etc.

For instance Spanx .... (if you haven't tried it, you're missing out).
Spanx rule!

And why doesn't TV have a Coldwater Creek?
Old 02-09-2008, 02:54 PM
Sage

Oh Red, I can't see you cutting your hair short. Also.....would we call you graywitch then???? No way. Stay Red and vibrant!!!!!
Old 02-09-2008, 02:58 PM
Eternal Member

Boomer,

I own a hair salon, I can get any color you need...

We use Wella at my shop..Wella Kolstan... :bigthumbsup:

I can get it and ship it for ya, or I can buy it in TV from a beauty supply, since I have the license...
Old 02-09-2008, 02:59 PM
Sage

o wOW o WOW!!! Great thread Barefoot!

Well now, for that itsy bitsy, teeny weeny , bit of gray comming thru I have recentely found JUST FOR MEN!

Because it is meant for mens sideburns and beards which is very course and resistant gray, it covers wonderfully and LASTS!!!! I have never used a color that lasted thru a few shampoos but this seems to be holding on really tight. ;D

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.