Girl Talk

Closed Thread
Old 03-01-2008, 03:13 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts
Default Re: Girl Talk

Hi Barefoot,

When this exercise ball is blown up, it is about 24 inches (before I sit on it). At that point it still has a nice amount of bounce. You don't want to blow them up too big. I am on the short side of 5 ft. 5 inches tall. It has been so long since I bought this thing, that I think they probably only had one size then. I wonder why they have 3 sizes. I would be confused, too.

I hope this helps. If not, maybe someone at the wellness center can help you if they use them there. Actually, if you are still not sure, I think your best hope may be Another Linda finding out from the guy in her office.

When spring comes, I will take it outside to the patio and sit on it and drink coffee in the mornings. Maybe when we move to TV, I won't even have any chairs at the table, maybe just exercise balls.

Good luck.

Boomer
Old 03-01-2008, 03:55 AM
Gold member

Hi,

When I was in Physical Therapy I had to sit on the ball to help improve my balance, than I would sit on a chair and role the ball in different directions - to relieve problems I was experiencing stemming from my back.

HB
Old 03-01-2008, 04:12 AM
Dancing Thyme

Hi Sistahs, this is my first post on this thread. But I wanted to tell you all that I never felt so accepted and loved as I did this trip. You all are great ladies and I enjoyed all my time with you. I'm sorry I didn't have more quality time to spend, cause I was so darn busy with the priorities I set up, but I did have a lot of fun in between errands. Lunches, dinners, parties, and just gatherings were so great and I can't wait to spend more time with all of you.

BTW, I'm finally in L.A. arrived this morning since I missed my flight last night, but caught a 7am this morning. But, hope to return mid April and then finally May as my permanent residence. Will bring Dad at that time and we'll arrange the wedding between Dad and Red. Gee, maybe a "June" wedding would be appropriate. HB what do you think about that??

Looking so forward to your friendship and companionship, and love all of you so much. Kathie

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 03-01-2008, 04:24 AM
Gold member

Hi Kathie,

A June wedding sounds perfect. We will be here.

I think we should have it at your new home. Lake in the background on all the wedding pictures will look great.

I do not think it will be a problem if we have balloons on your property so that everyone will know where your house is.

Bridesmaids - have you thought of how many? You have a lot of sistahs now. Wonder if anyone can play an instrument? Will look for a CD that has the wedding march on it. I am sure they must sell one.

This will be the SOCIAL EVENT of the year. If Craig is here, he can officiate. Hubby has performed a wedding also. I think the couple should write their own vows, what do you think?

Hyacinth Bucket

Old 03-01-2008, 04:46 AM
Dancing Thyme

HB -

Love all your ideas. The lake in the background will look beautiful. I have plenty of outdoor area to handle hundreds of guests, so it will be the social event of TV for the year.

Can you picture Red in that beautiful gown and veil on her avatar picture? She will be absolutely beautiful.

And Dad, will look so cute in his suit he wears to all the funerals, only I'll have to hem the pants cause he has shrunk of late, but he hasn't gained a pound, so it will fit for sure.

We must have a band cause he will want to do the Lindy Hop with his new bride, and of course he'll also want to dance with all the bridesmaids so we'll need to keep it to six or seven ladies, otherwise we could tire him out.

Poor Dad, don't think I've mentioned all this to him yet but he's such a sport, he'll love it. Well, at 91 (or 92 by that time), what's not to love, even waking up in the morning.

Sounds perfect to me, Kathie

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

Old 03-01-2008, 04:52 AM
Sage

I wont be here in June!!!!

Oh well, guess thats a great excuse to fly down, I sure cant miss this wedding, or the opportunity to dance with a 92 year old man. Mabe I could jump out of the wedding cake and belly dance for him!! LOL

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 03-01-2008, 05:23 AM
Dancing Thyme

Nonie, you have to be there. What's a party without Nonie. As a matter of fact, you may even be a bridesmaid, but I guess Red will have to decide that....

Good excuse, fly down for the wedding, we need you there. Love, Kath

PS, Jump out of wedding cake and belly dance??? He'll love that.

Old 03-01-2008, 07:54 AM
Gold member

Hi Kathie,

Now we can check off live entertainment. We have Nonie! Perhaps she can get her sistahs to dance with her? Sure hope so.

I like the idea of Nonie coming out of the wedding cake.

Nonie, THANK YOU for the offer and the idea. Sounds fantastic.

Hyacinth Bucket
Old 03-01-2008, 11:45 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer BeBack
Hi Barefoot,
Maybe when we move to TV, I won't even have any chairs at the table, maybe just exercise balls. Boomer
Boomer .... Sounds like a great way to save money on furniture!

I bought the 65 cm ball, the middle one of three sizes. It comes with an inflation device, as soon as I figure it out (Fireboy has gone back to Canada), I'll be bouncing around to the click of keys. 024
Thanks for the suggestion BBB.

If anyone hears a loud crash, it is me on the floor, call 911.
Old 03-02-2008, 02:41 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Um, if you think I can get into that wedding gown, think again. It was a size 2 that had to be taken in. I can however wear the Juliet cap and veil. Maybe the rest of the wedding dress can be a harem costume with coins and all and my bridesmaids and I can do hip pops down the aisle.

Let's see, maid of honor will have to be a duo -- Jess and my new daughter-in-law. Bridesmaids will be Nonie (of course), Kiddo, SamHass and Donna to outshine the bride. I'd ask Hyacinth but I imagine she'll be too busy running the show to participate.

I think my daughter-in-law to be and her father should pick the best man and groomsmen.

Since I do have a true love of sterling roses and lilacs, the color scheme will have to lavendar. HB, you are free to pick any colors you choose to go with that.

I guess I'll have to look around TV to see where the best places for bridal registry are.

BTW -- I'd love a surprise bridal shower. Have never had a surprise party. (How's that for a not-so-subtle hint?)

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 03-02-2008, 03:22 AM
Sage

OMG Red,

Im so honered! I never dreamed you would ask me to be a bridesmaid!

Ok , so now Im responsible for the bachelorette party right??? OOOO are we gonna have fun! :hot:

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 03-02-2008, 04:43 AM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch
Let's see, maid of honor will have to be a duo -- Jess and my new daughter-in-law.
I guess I'll have to look around TV to see where the best places for bridal registry are.
Red, been through this once before, I'll be the Matron of Honor and Jess will be the Maid of Honor, sound good???

Registry, how about WalMart?

Your new daughter in law, Kath

Old 03-02-2008, 05:08 AM
Gold member

Kathie,

Since Handie lives outside of Walmart, he could be the registrar.

Lavender is my favorite color - Red.

Nonie would be excellent in her harem bridesmaid dress. Instead of hip hop Red, how about doing a belly dance down the aisle.

IMPORTANT all Sistahs, start looking around for lavender items for the bride to be. Lavender anything.

We could all wear lavender eye shadow and have our fingernails painted lavender.

Groom could also have lavender accents.

Will have to look for lavender curtains and drapes at yard sales.

This will definitely be the social event of the year.

HB

Old 03-02-2008, 05:31 AM
Dancing Thyme

Great!!!

I'll see if I can find Dad's lavender suit with the pink ruffled shirt. He'll look "dashing" dahlings!

Kathie

Old 03-02-2008, 10:35 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I was thinking more in the line of the Dollar Store or K-Mart but WalMart would work, too.

FYI -- I don't wear lavendar.

Hey, Kathie, you're going to have to break the news to Jess. I admit it, I'm a coward and not sure how she is going to handle a dad at this stage of her life, let alone a sister who is also an auntie to her.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.