Girl Talk

Closed Thread
Old 03-22-2008, 09:41 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: Girl Talk

Gee.... thanks Kathie, for that information ;D Unbelievably, I still have most of my original color so I guess I got a couple of good genes (at least, in the hair department). But, when the time comes to go RED ........ I'd'ruther use something all natural instead of chemicals on my head and risk hair-loss :
Old 03-23-2008, 08:14 PM
Sage

The Villages Florida

HAPPY EASTER TO MY BEAUTIFUL BUNNY GIRLFRIENDS! LOVE YOU!!!
Old 03-23-2008, 08:22 PM
Sage

OMG Chels,

the rabbit is hysterical! I love it when you girls use those crazy e-motions. This one really and truly has me laughing out loud! What would I do without you to keep me cracking up!!!

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 03-24-2008, 02:47 PM
Gold member

For those of you who are feeling the loss...of hair that is, this worked for me. It was recommended to me by a friend who has a lot of health issues. It worked for her too.

The product brand name is Nioxin. The two products in that line that we used were the Shampoo and the Scalp Therapy. For me #3...Fine Hair, Chemically Enhanced (I like that term...better than Dye Job), Early Stages of Thinning.

I agree that stress, health, weather and hormonal conditions affect your hair, so maybe this was a coincidence, but it really put a stop to my hair loss.

I do know that this product smells like it must work. It also tingles your scalp to let you know it is working.

Old 03-27-2008, 11:39 AM

Susan,
I'm a big Nioxin user also. And it does help your hair to feel thicker, and for my heavily colored hair, much less dry. It's hard to find products for fine, dry hair, that doesn't make it so soft it's impossible to work with. But Nioxin works great!

And the Scalp Therapy has many other good uses. Learned this at a Nioxin hair show.
It's great to use as a lotion for a bad sunburn. Helps sooth and cool.
And to use as a shaving cream for your legs in hot weather, makes em feel tingly and so cool.
Or on the back of your neck when having a hot flash (my own experiment that worked, LOL).
To use as sparingly as possible tho, apply to damp skin, as it is kind of expensive.
Old 03-27-2008, 01:49 PM
Gold member

Wow MJ I had no idea that it had so many other uses. Amazing. It's like vodka and something else (that I can't remember right now, because I am old) that is in common use by us all....multiple uses that one would never guess.

Curious though and a little leary...if it thickens the hair on your head, why would one want to use it to shave the hair on your legs? ??? ??? ??? ;D ;D
Old 03-28-2008, 12:42 PM

Susan,
Yes, that question was brought up. Most people shave their legs regularly tho, so shouldn't be a problem. (I wish my leg hair Would fall out or get thinner).

Also, it doesn't create new hair follicles, just encourages ones you already have that sometimes on your scalp, are starving, because hair spray and other products coat and smother them. It increases blood to the surface (the tingle) and nourishes follicles to make the most of what you have. (Wish I could stick some in my brain)!!!
Why is it that as we age, our faces get wrinkled but our scalps get tighter??
I've always wondered that. :dontknow:
Bald old men always have those smooth shiny scalps (as we would) with nary a wrinkle.

I also wondered if Scalp Therapy would help with cellulite. Back in the old days when I only had a little cellulite, I used those outrageously expensive cellulite creams (that felt exactly the same as S.T.), made the skin red and tingly, increased surface blood.
But now I'd have to bathe in the stuff, can't afford it.
Maybe I'll do an experiment and only do one hip and thigh with Nioxin S.T. for a month, and see if I can tell a difference. If I get good results, I'll report back.
(Hopefully I won't just get a hairy butt cheek!!!!)
Old 03-28-2008, 02:09 PM
Gold member

1rnfl 1rnfl 1rnfl You are too funny MJ. Can't get the smooth but hairy drumstick image out of my mind.
It really is such a shame that the aging process happens at the same time that one finally becomes the person they always wanted to be. My avatar is me ....but "that me" is well hidden between, behind and within the folds of age that I now call my body. (sigh) But I am still her inside but with a better mind....and...I now look like her mother...whats that all about? :dontknow: :dontknow:

Is it better to have had it and lost it or never to have had it at all?? :dontknow: ??? :dontknow:
Like you said a bottle of the Scalp Therapy would not/could not do much now.
Old 03-28-2008, 02:39 PM

Yes Susan, I relate to that. Our bodies change, but inside we still have the same feelings and emotions we had before. I TRY to handle mine in a more mature way than I did as a young person. I guess I still have a lot to learn! It can be a shock to look in a mirror and see a new wrinkle!

Growing old isn't for sissies! LOL
Old 03-28-2008, 03:16 PM

It's a shame our minds and bodies can't be the best at the same time.

But wait,,, maybe it's because when we're young and beautiful, we don't have to know what we know now, to get along in the world.
As our looks fade, we need all the other things our brain and experiences can then provide.
And comfort becomes more important.
I'm certainly there... Love my elastic waist pants and flip flops.

I'm a believer in making the most of what ya got.
My old legs may not look great anymore, but at least I have em and they work good.
And they take me where I want to go... :bigthumbsup:

Old 03-29-2008, 03:56 PM
Gold member

You are both so wise.

PJ, I am completely in agreement with you on the "age inside" thing. My avatars are usually from my early 30's, because that how old I feel...except on the days when the arthritis flares up, the wrinkles seem huge and the energy flags. (Sometimes I look in the mirror and say "All right what did you do with her? Bring her back now!!!" It never works :'( I also try to be mature, but sometimes I am just not!

And MJ your comments are so true and they remind me to be grateful for what I have. I do believe we have what we have and get what we get when we need it most if we are willing to embrace and use it.

I do so look forward to meeting the wise women on this thread someday.
Old 03-29-2008, 04:17 PM
Sage

I clearly remember my mother at 80 saying, I dont know what happened, My body is 80 but I feel 18 in my mind. Now I know exactly what she meant, even tho Im not 80 yet, the body is getting older but the mind is standing still. This is a problem that Im not sure how to solve!

Im learning so much from you wise ladies, how to be grateful for all the body parts that still work and get me from point A to point B. ;D

"Take kindly the counsel of the years,
gracefully surrendering the things of youth"

Old 03-29-2008, 05:40 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonie

"Take kindly the counsel of the years,
gracefully surrendering the things of youth"

Ahhh Nonie I don't want to do "graceful". I'm fighting this one all the way. The best I can do is "grateful" for all that was, is, and will be.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:49 PM
Sage

Susan, believe me, Im not taking this gracefully either! I just found that quote and thought it might be helpful to those of us who are going down kicking and screaming like myself. But even as I typed it, I didnt believe it! :

Old 04-04-2008, 07:14 PM
Sage

I finally got my exercise ball inflated. :bigthumbsup: Love it. Now I can join BBB and Samhass in typing, giggling and bouncing.

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.