Girl Talk

Closed Thread
Old 04-04-2008, 09:16 PM
Default Re: Girl Talk

Hey Nonie ~
This little message has been around on emails for a while -

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, favorite drink in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

:bigthumbsup:
Old 04-04-2008, 10:21 PM
Sage

Travel,

Thankyou, I love it! I sure can relate to the visual of it,Im sure alot of us feel that way!,

I know I will do my best to make it true! 040 :hot:

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 04-04-2008, 10:31 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Send a message via Yahoo to renielarson

Susan and Mint...

I have used Nioxin for a few years, too. Although I do not have chemically enhanced hair (what you see is what you get), I do have fine, thinning hair.

I've been asked..."does it really work?" I say..."well, I'm not going to stop using it to find out!"

Same goes for my facial treatments. I don't know about you, but I spend a fortune on moisturizers, creams, de-wrinklers, cleansers, tighteners, LOL...just to name a few of my "potions". And when asked the same above questions, I answer with the same exact response!
Old 04-05-2008, 12:07 AM
Sage

Wow Brightspot, when do you get out??? :joke: ;D
Old 04-05-2008, 01:59 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Send a message via Yahoo to renielarson

:bigthumbsup: good one chelsea :bigthumbsup:
Old 04-05-2008, 02:20 AM
Gold member

Thank you, thank you for all your comments!!! I realize they were not meant just for me, but what I am saying is that it is nice to know we are all of a like mind on this subject.
Tom just asked me today during our visit to LSL Square why it mattered to me that my hair was flat and straight (humidity and a rain shower) and wasn't I hot in the long sleeved tunic top (that covers 20 lbs of newly accumulated fat)?? Am I alone here ladies? Adjusting to this older version of me is just not easy...necessary I understand but just not easy.
Old 04-07-2008, 03:58 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan&Tom
Tom just asked me today wasn't I hot in the long sleeved tunic top (that covers 20 lbs of newly accumulated fat)??
Susan, you're a riot. ;D What will you be wearing into the swimming pool?

One thing I love about TV is that since we're all about the same age, we're all in the same boat, beautiful inside and slightly aged on the outside!

Old 04-07-2008, 12:14 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefoot at last
I finally got my exercise ball inflated. :bigthumbsup: Love it. Now I can join BBB and Samhass in typing, giggling and bouncing.

Hi Barefoot,

I missed this post earlier, and I did not know that Sam was using an exercise ball for a desk chair, too.

I am glad you're having fun. Maybe this will really catch on throughout TOTVland.

Sometimes I actually get a little dizzy which is kind of fun. The Tilt-a-Whirl was always my favorite ride.

I have to admit though that sometimes I forget to keep moving and find myself just sitting still, engrossed in whatever is on the screen. If I listen to music at the same time, it helps. That way I am moving but not having to think about it.

BBB
Old 04-07-2008, 12:20 PM

BF,
,,, like a fine wine... :bigthumbsup:

And Susan,
I know for myself I've spent WAY too much of my life worrying about things that no one else even notices.
And have decided to relax and just enjoy the good times and try to quit that silly worrying.
I can't do anything about aging anyway. It'll happen to everyone who lives long enough.
Just celebrate being alive and make the most of what ya do have...

We are all different now than we were 20 or 30 years ago.
We need to introduce ourselves to that new person in the mirror, as we would anyone new we may meet, and be just as nice to them.
And don't beat them up. (As I've been so guilty of!)
Just take care of ourselves as we would any good friend.

I've always heard that people take better care of their cars than themselves, and I know that's true for me. But I think it's time for me to start using better fuel and more gentle treatment, as you would on a classic car you care about.
And I need a good buffing a bit more often!
Let's see... If I could be a classic car I would like to be a Jaquar XKE from the 60's.

Old 04-08-2008, 01:04 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintjulep
BF,
,,, like a fine wine... :bigthumbsup:

And Susan,
I know for myself I've spent WAY too much of my life worrying about things that no one else even notices.
And have decided to relax and just enjoy the good times and try to quit that silly worrying.
I can't do anything about aging anyway. It'll happen to everyone who lives long enough.
Just celebrate being alive and make the most of what ya do have...

We are all different now than we were 20 or 30 years ago.
We need to introduce ourselves to that new person in the mirror, as we would anyone new we may meet, and be just as nice to them.
And don't beat them up. (As I've been so guilty of!)
Just take care of ourselves as we would any good friend.

I've always heard that people take better care of their cars than themselves, and I know that's true for me. But I think it's time for me to start using better fuel and more gentle treatment, as you would on a classic car you care about.
And I need a good buffing a bit more often!
Let's see... If I could be a classic car I would like to be a Jaquar XKE from the 60's.

Mint,

I like your philosophy. And that was my favorite car, too, British Racing Green with tan interior particularly. But I would have settled for any color.

But you are saying that you want to BE an XKE. I would like to be one, too. Zero to Sixty is just a fine start.

Boomer
Old 04-08-2008, 05:10 PM
Gold member

Mint, I would love to own a Jaguar XKE, but to "be a car " I have to choose a Yellow Rolls Royce like the one in the movie many years ago starring Shirley MacLaine. Now that car lived! ;D
Old 04-08-2008, 05:32 PM

Boomer,
If I'm gonna BE a sexy, fast car like an XKE, I want to go whole hog and be bright yellow or lime green!!! With a white interior,,, (if they even had white).
I almost bought an orange XKE back in the day... But needed a back seat for the kiddies.
I'd probably hate even trying to squeeze into one nowadays.
I'm like most others and love my 4 door roomy car. Not as fast, but a nice smooth ride...

And Susan,
yeah,,, that RR was great!!!

Do ya'll remember that old TV series ' My Mother the Car'? I think that was the name of it...
Old 04-10-2008, 04:56 AM
Sage

Ok, I think I'm at 500 posts, so I just want to say HI GIRLFRIENDS!
Old 04-10-2008, 05:15 AM
Sage

sigh! Nope! That wasn't it. So, this will be it! I think. :dontknow: So I just want to say "HI GIRLFRIENDS!"

The Villages Florida Yay! Get your Geek On! She did it . . . She's a veteran . . . She did it . . . She's a veteran . . . Dance for me snakey The Villages Florida

Now everybody . . . She did it . . . she's a veteran . . . she did it . . . she's a veteran . . .
The Villages FloridaThe Villages FloridaThe Villages FloridaThe Villages FloridaThe Villages FloridaThe Villages FloridaThe Villages FloridaThe Villages FloridaThe Villages FloridaThe Villages FloridaThe Villages Florida

Thank you. Thank you all for making this possible. I want to thank my mother and my father. I want to thank my wonderful hubby. I want to thank the crew and all the little people . . .The Villages Florida awwwwwwww! That felt good! :-*
Old 04-10-2008, 05:21 AM
Sage

The Villages Florida One more post for good measure! (Did ya see the word veteran? Didja? Didja? That's ME!!! Nite all.
The Villages Florida

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.