Girl Talk

Girl Talk

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 07-26-2019, 09:42 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
Thank you for the information. This is the first time we have been without a dog, our last is my Avatar.
I'm sorry for your loss -- it's always sad to lose a dog. And it never gets any easier.
I know you probably want a lab again, but there are lots of older dogs available at Max's Pet Connection.
That's where I adopted my Baxter. They are on the sidewalk at Petsmart on Saturday mornings.

Very Sorry
Old 07-26-2019, 10:44 AM
Platinum member

Default Very Sorry

Quote:
Thank you for the information. This is the first time we have been without a dog, our last is my Avatar. We found her in the UK at an excellent Lab breeder. We were only allowed to have her because she did not have all her teeth and would not have been able to be bred in Europe because she was not perfect. Well, she was perfect enough for us and we miss her every day. We have tried to find an English female lab that is past her breeding years, but older dogs are highly prized and unless you know someone who knows someone they are almost impossible to find. My sons still live in NH and there are some great English Labs being bred there, but I don't want a puppy.

Again, thanks for your information.
So sorry for your loss I truly know how you feel. We moved here in 2012 with 3 Polish Lowland Sheepdogs. Unfortunately, Zorro passed less then 2 years after we moved. I understood I could not get another dog because we still had 2. We made an agreement no more dogs and no way ever a puppy. Zeta crossed the bridge last November and we were down to Zuni. It did not take 2 weeks I wanted a dog. My husband agreed as long as it was not a puppy. Short story Ziggy Stardust, an Irish Red Pied Brindle joined our family in December at 3 months old!
I still have a lot of connections in the dog world. Do you want me to put out feelers for an adult English Lab?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2019, 11:35 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
So sorry for your loss I truly know how you feel. We moved here in 2012 with 3 Polish Lowland Sheepdogs. Unfortunately, Zorro passed less then 2 years after we moved. I understood I could not get another dog because we still had 2. We made an agreement no more dogs and no way ever a puppy. Zeta crossed the bridge last November and we were down to Zuni. It did not take 2 weeks I wanted a dog. My husband agreed as long as it was not a puppy. Short story Ziggy Stardust, an Irish Red Pied Brindle joined our family in December at 3 months old!
I still have a lot of connections in the dog world. Do you want me to put out feelers for an adult English Lab?
I would really appreciate you doing that for us but it has to be a female. Although if you found a male dog desperate for a home we probably would love it just as much as a female. As to age .... if you can do it we would prefer no younger than four, but we have no problems with a much older dog.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 07-26-2019, 11:50 AM
Sage

Quote:
I have just remembered something. Several years ago I was in the Walmart parking lot off 466 when a big pick up pulled in with two of the best English Labs I have ever seen in the bed of the truck. The driver was a very pleasant man who told me he lived in Quail Hollow and the dogs were from a Lab Breeder in Williston. I have done everything to find this breeder but have had no luck, would you happen to know of this person?

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Lab Search
Old 07-26-2019, 01:51 PM
Platinum member

Default Lab Search

Quote:
I have just remembered something. Several years ago I was in the Walmart parking lot off 466 when a big pick up pulled in with two of the best English Labs I have ever seen in the bed of the truck. The driver was a very pleasant man who told me he lived in Quail Hollow and the dogs were from a Lab Breeder in Williston. I have done everything to find this breeder but have had no luck, would you happen to know of this person?
I do not know that breeder. I just posted on FB what you are looking for. Hopefully, I will receive some responses.
Old 07-27-2019, 12:48 PM
Platinum member

Hi Madelaine,
I have been contacted by a well known Lab breeder who came to my Camp. She lives in VA and would like to know howfar you would be willing to travel to pickup the right dog.
Jeanne
Old 07-27-2019, 01:53 PM
Sage

Quote:
Hi Madelaine,
I have been contacted by a well known Lab breeder who came to my Camp. She lives in VA and would like to know howfar you would be willing to travel to pickup the right dog.
Jeanne
Thank you for this information at this point I am going to PM you, .

Old 08-06-2019, 01:39 PM
Sage

Quote:
I would really appreciate you doing that for us but it has to be a female. Although if you found a male dog desperate for a home we probably would love it just as much as a female. As to age .... if you can do it we would prefer no younger than four, but we have no problems with a much older dog.
Quote:
Hi Madelaine,
I have been contacted by a well known Lab breeder who came to my Camp. She lives in VA and would like to know how far you would be willing to travel to pickup the right dog.
Madelaine, I can only speak for myself, but I'd love to know if you got a lab.
Old 08-06-2019, 01:55 PM
Veteran member

Yes, me too, if you got your dog.

Last edited by Velvet; 08-06-2019 at 02:14 PM.
Old 08-06-2019, 02:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Madelaine, I can only speak for myself, but I'd love to know if you got a lab.
Have not heard anything yet. Ever hopeful!