Girl Talk

Closed Thread
Old 04-19-2008, 09:56 PM
Gold member
Default Re: Girl Talk

Bright I understand where you are coming from 100% - wish I wasn't able to say that.

"I [also]vowed never to get close to anyone again because I never wanted to experience that pain ever again."

When life sent me an unexpected blow, girl friends who were just friends came to my rescue. It was then that I once again started to create true and long lasting friendships.

Just know that I will be there for you no matter what. That is the beauty of being one of our Sistahs. We accept each other as we are, and are there to be supportive of each other when the need arises.

Glad that you have opened your heart to us and willing to take a chance again.

Welcome from one Sistah to another Sistah.

HB
Old 04-19-2008, 09:59 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Send a message via Yahoo to renielarson

HB

You are truly one of the TOTV's Sistahhood...thank you!

Miss you and hope all is going well.
Old 04-23-2008, 03:29 AM
Gold member

Hi all,

My computer needs to be repaired. Will only be on line at odd times, if I can get a computer. Have a great couple of weeks .

Will miss all of my Sistahs.

HB
Old 04-25-2008, 01:03 PM
Sage

I have four huge suitcases stuffed with clothes and they are waiting to be unpacked.
I usually buy some new clothes every year and those are the ones I wear. That would account for one suitcase. Why am I compelled to drag clothes that I rarely wear from place to place? Does anyone have a cure for this malady?
Old 04-25-2008, 04:44 PM
Gold member

Hi Bare, I know what you mean.

When we travel, regardless of length of trip or where we are going, I only know I have enough clothing when I can no longer close the suitcase.

I will admit I do not use all the clothing - but I am always prepared. If not, fortunately there are stores where I can buy more things.

When you find the answer please let me know.

HB
Old 05-09-2008, 05:54 PM
Sage

One day, long, long ago, there lived a woman who did not whine, nag or complain ..........

:realmad:

But this was a long time ago..... And it was just one day.

The End

Old 05-09-2008, 06:00 PM
Sage

That's a very good story, Bare.
I'm cleaning out the basement on a gray rainy day. I'm whining.
Actually, there's some pretty cool stuff in there. I should have a yard sale but I won't.
The kids get first dibs then Waste Management comes second.
Old 05-09-2008, 06:25 PM
Sage

Hey Samhass, guess you're still in Pa if it is gray and rainy. I hear it is 90 in TV.
Actually it is a lovely sunny day here in Canada. I had my first house showing this morning, what a whole lot of work. I temporarily shoved a lot of stuff into cabinets, closets and storage boxes. Now I have to go back and deal with the mess. Thanks Heavens for Goodwill and Salvation Army. It allows me to dispose of stuff knowing it will be reused, so I don't have to feel guilty. Somebody will love those Kangaroo slippers, I just know it.
Old 05-09-2008, 06:41 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefoot at last
I have four huge suitcases stuffed with clothes and they are waiting to be unpacked.
I usually buy some new clothes every year and those are the ones I wear. That would account for one suitcase. Why am I compelled to drag clothes that I rarely wear from place to place? Does anyone have a cure for this malady?
Barefoot,
Every time we travel, John gets so annoyed with me..I take three suitcases full of clothes, shoes and bags..LOL
Do I use them??? NOT!!.
So BF..I do share your malady..

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Old 05-09-2008, 06:55 PM
Sage

Donna

I can SO relate to dragging clothes on vacation that you never wear. I do exactly the same thing, and always have. My justification is always: how do I know what kind of a mood I'll be in .. and that governs what I choose to wear. Why don't other people have this problem? I SO admire the one suitcase traveller.

I read somewhere that the trick is to put everything you want to take out on the bed and have a look at it. Then take half the stuff and hang it back in the closet.

I think I'll try that when I go on the September cruise!
Old 05-09-2008, 07:15 PM
Gold member

Barefoot,

"Put everything you want to take out on the bed and have a look at it. Then take half the stuff and hang it back in the closet." The rest of the sentence after clothing on the bed is to take double the amount of money you think you need.

Since we travel a lot I do the stomp shower wash. I take the clothing I need to wash, soap them up and throw them into the shower. I then stomp on them as I shower. Then there is always laundry service.

I can identify with not knowing what to bring. I check the weather for the area and then think what if it is warmer, colder, rainy etc. Whatever the size of the suitcase I am bringing I fill it up.

I have tried those special bags and decided that was a waste of money, rolling up clothing seems to really help. Stopped using the bags where I fold everything very neatly, time consuming and the bags take up room.

Somehow it all works out. My Best Advice is to take the largest purse you can find and fill it with the items you can not fit into the suitcase. My purse has weighed over 30 pounds at times. They never weigh purses.

I have a leather jacket that has pockets on the outside and the inside liner. All I will say is I am to embarrassed to tell you what that weighed.

Have fun making these major decisions in life. Just remember there are stores where ever you go. I have a friend who takes and wears clothing that she is planning to give away. She leaves the clothing where ever she is and fills her suitcase with all the items she bought along the way. Staff where she leaves the clothing always appreciate it.

HB
Old 05-09-2008, 11:05 PM
Sage

Did I hear Kangeroo slippers??? My Tweety Pie slippers are getting a little shabby!
Old 05-09-2008, 11:33 PM
Gold member

I so over pack when traveling, and I will continue to do so. Why? I'll tell you....

On a trip to the UK , on the advise of a friend , everthing I took was navy and white, all interchangeable. Many outfits with just a few pieces. UGH.... I was so sick of navy and white after 10 days that it was a long time before I wore either color.

So now I overpack and like Barefoot dress to my mood. I am much happier that way.
Old 05-10-2008, 12:30 AM
Sage

Well, you know, maybe it's just a girly thing, and girls like to have choices. So I'll just ignore Fireboy's manly comments and continue to pack all my favourite stuff.

What a great idea to wear stuff you don't like and abandon it along the way, giving it to staff, and replacing it with new stuff. But who wants to go on a vacation and wear all the stuff you don't like? Not me.
Old 05-21-2008, 02:33 PM
Sage

Three women, one engaged, one married, and one a mistress, are chatting about their relationships and decide to amaze their men that night. All three will wear a leather bodice S&M style, stilettos and a mask over their eyes.

After a few days they meet again.....

The engaged girlfriend said:
'The other night, when my boyfriend came back home, he found me in the leather bodice, 4' stilettos and mask. He said, 'You are the woman of my life, I love you! Then we made love all night long.'

The mistress stated:
'Oh Yes! The other night we met in the office. I was wearing the leather bodice, mega stilettos, mask over my eyes and a raincoat. When I opened the raincoat, he didn't say a word. We just had wild sex all night.'

The married one then said:
'The other night I sent the kids to stay at my mothers for the night. I got myself ready, leather bodice, super stilettos and mask over my eyes. My husband came in from work, grabbed the TV controller and a beer, and said, 'Hey Batman, what's for dinner ?'
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.