Girl Talk

Closed Thread
Old 05-23-2008, 12:49 AM
Gold member
Default Re: Girl Talk

We may have to do it twice as we all return at different times.

Where is the pop corn?

HB
Old 05-23-2008, 02:18 AM
Gold member

Maybe we will have to move the event to the Savannah Center.
Old 05-25-2008, 05:11 AM
Platinum member

Sex in the City........seeing that TV is in the country, I vote for a golf cart drive-in night for SISTAHS only, at POLO fields. There are about 35,000 sistahs here, if not MORE! 040 I know, I get a little carried away sometimes............We could call it Tailgating Sex in the Country Sistahs for A Cure!! OK I better get some sleep!! I'm getting dilirious.
Old 05-31-2008, 02:39 PM
Sage

I went to see Sex in the City last night. The reviews haven't been great but I don't care, I intend to see it regardless! ;D The movie was totally sold out for the whole weekend. So I saw Made of Honour instead. Not a great movie, but Patrick Dempsey is a hottie!

I have a movie problem, and I bet I'm not the only one.

I love romantic comedies, anything with a happy ending, anything that leaves me feeling peaceful. Fireboy, on the other hand, loves disaster and action movies full of things blowing up, people being shot, planes crashing, buildings going up in flames, you get the gist. My dilemma is .. I'd love to have "date nights" and go to movies together, hold hands and eat popcorn. But this results in one of us always being unhappy about the movie choice. So we resolved it by going to the theatre holding hands, going to different movies, and talking about them afterwards over coffee. Not very romantic to be sure, but at least we both get to see the movies we like. :dontknow: BTW, Fireboy really enjoyed Indiana Jones last night!
Old 05-31-2008, 03:22 PM
Platinum member

Bare, I am in the same predicament! I saw Ironman with hubby last week. (his choice, of course!) It actually was OK. I need to go alone or with a SISTAH to see Sex and the City. Anyone want to join me?
Old 05-31-2008, 03:37 PM
Sage

Truth be known Bare, Ill bet this is a very common problem. I think going for coffee after and discussing your movies was a fantastic idea. Chicks and guys do not think the same, we all know that, so naturally the same type of movies will not appeal to both. You seemed to resolve the problem very well by getting together after for together time.

In our case we usually go together and one of us just suffers thru it, consequently making one of us pretty miserable for a couple of hours. Lately, I just fall asleep if Im bored with the movie, yikes !!! another sign of old age me thinks. :

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 05-31-2008, 04:28 PM
Gold member

Barefoot: great solution, Captain and I do the same, but on occasion (rarely) we choose to see the same movie. We will have to "double date" when you get back to TV, gals at one flick, guys at another. Coffee and dessert together after the movie. Perfect. :bigthumbsup:

Nonie: I envy you that you can nap in a theatre. Usually the volume is so high I couldn't possibly sleep. It would be such a good solution to my "dates" choice.

Old 05-31-2008, 04:30 PM
Gold member

rockinrhonda:

We should get a bunch together and go. Chels and I want to see it to. Much more fun with sistah's
Old 05-31-2008, 06:26 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Send a message via Yahoo to renielarson

Mr. Bright and I have the same problem.

We have come to a compromise where I choose a movie and next time he chooses. It works well for us.

Surprisingly, most of the time we both agree that although we would never have picked the same movie as a couple, most aren't too bad and we end up enjoying them (some more than others).

...or maybe it's just the time we enjoy being together.

Sometimes we both agree that our choices weren't the best...but at least we honor each other's choice, laugh, and wait until the next movie night out.
Old 05-31-2008, 06:31 PM
Gold member

You must wait for me to see Sex in the City in TV or promise to see it again. I think we should have a movie event once a month. Choose two movies and whomever wants can go to whichever movie.

Lucky for me, Tom will watch "chick flicks" sometimes he even gets it. "Die Hard" type movies are as traumatic as I can stand and I will not go to worse than that level of violence.
Old 05-31-2008, 06:33 PM
Gold member

Beady count me in. Is it or do you think it will be showing in TV?

HB
Old 05-31-2008, 06:45 PM
Gold member

This is one problem we do not have. For many years we did not go to the movies, now that we can, we never think of going.

We do keep a list of movies we want to see on DVD, but never seem to see them. Then the list gets tossed and another list is made.

While we were in TV there were two movies we decided we would definitely see, then got busy doing other things and forgot all about it.

When we have gone to the movies it is always with friends. If you are going please ask us so that we get to the movies again.

Thanks,

HB

Old 05-31-2008, 07:55 PM
Platinum member

OK , but I am so busy this week.... ??? ...when do you guys want to go? Hope I'm available!
Old 05-31-2008, 07:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan&Tom
You must wait for me to see Sex in the City in TV or promise to see it again.
Susan, we will definitely have a get together and watch it on video in the Fall, or whenever you arrive! Promise.
Old 06-01-2008, 02:47 AM
mcelheny

Ok Girls...
Count me in. It will be fun! And yes Mike(husband) and I have totally different interests. Guess that makes us normal.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.