Girl Talk

Closed Thread
Old 09-06-2008, 01:41 AM
Gold member
Default Re: Girl Talk

I think Palin's youngest daughter Piper is just way too cute, charming and seems really mature for her age. I agree Bare smoothing her brother's hair like that, was such a loving gesture. Very sweet.
Old 09-11-2008, 05:27 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by beady
I so agree...she needs a new hair do. I am surprised at how much I was impressed by her. This election is suddenly going to be interesting.
Dave Letterman said that "Sarah Palin looks like a poster girl for Lens Crafters". 1rnfl I'm not sure how she can look so old fashioned and sexy at the same time. Neat trick.

Old 09-11-2008, 05:55 PM
Gold member

Bare, I heard a Democratic pundit say through his teeth, "hasn't she heard of contact lens"? I wondered how all the people unable to wear contact lense and require glasses take that hit on their appearance.
Old 09-12-2008, 01:40 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peachie
Bare, I heard a Democratic pundit say through his teeth, "hasn't she heard of contact lens"? I wondered how all the people unable to wear contact lense and require glasses take that hit on their appearance.
Peachie, I think the Dem pundits are annoyed at all the publicity Palin is generating. Just like the Republicans were annoyed when Obama burst on the scene and the spotlight was on him.

BTW, because this is Girl Talk we don't have to talk about political issues, just girly stuff. Meow, meow.

Strangely, all of a sudden, glasses and beehives are back! Gov Palin probably doesn't even need glasses .. just part of her librarian/hot babe personna.

The whole media buzz about Gov Palin is funny to watch. But soon she'll be yesterday's news and they'll be back discussing issues, which is actually what should be the focus.

Old 09-12-2008, 02:00 AM
Gold member

I wear contact lenses, Bare, and glasses for reading and backup when the contacts are out. I had my eyes examined 2 wks ago and was looking at frames and liked the smaller lenses sizes in the frames I saw. Being a fashionista back in the day, I wore those huge frames that were popular in the seventies before I got contacts. I don't want to go back to those but I suppose it's a possibility they will come in fashion again, ugh!
Old 09-12-2008, 02:04 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peachie
I wear contact lenses, Bare, and glasses for reading and backup when the contacts are out.
I do admire anyone who wears contact lenses, I'm not brave enough to stick anything to my eye balls. Remember the days we used to think pink frames with rhinestones were "hot"? :yikes:
Old 09-12-2008, 02:14 AM
Gold member

Unfortunately, I do remember those frames, Bare, and now all the glitz is coming back in style. That's why I'm afraid the huge frames with come back in also. :
Old 09-12-2008, 02:33 AM
Gold member

Oh, remember the character that Cher used to play on the Sonny and Cher Show? What was her name? She wore a skin tight animal print leotard type outfit with the jewel encrusted wing tipped glasses.

Are we heading that way? Wonder how that style will look with tummy rolls??? Hmmmm, what a visual that is!
Old 09-12-2008, 02:45 AM
Gold member

Oh, Susan how funny.

Cher's character also wore long earrings with a big pink plastic ball on the end, and chewed a huge wad of gum......

Lord help us ...that can't be coming back. The animal prints have come and gone several times...but the pointed rhinestone encrusted glasses...oh please deliver me...I just couldn't take that, especially with all the bumps and lumps I have acquired. 1rnfl 1rnfl
Old 09-12-2008, 03:29 AM
Gold member

Can't you just see all of us Beads, dressed like shades of Cher's character ... and then freezing? 1rnfl 1rnfl 1rnfl 1rnfl 1rnfl 1rnfl 1rnfl 1rnfl

What would the band say about that?
Old 09-12-2008, 03:47 AM

The Villages Florida

Lavern?
Old 09-12-2008, 03:50 AM
Gold member

Yes!!! Good job travel!!! Isn't she just a crack up. We seriously need to have a girls only cotume party with everyone coming as Laverne! Crazy funny!
Old 09-12-2008, 03:59 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan&Tom
Yes!!! Good job travel!!! Isn't she just a crack up. We seriously need to have a girls only cotume party with everyone coming as Laverne! Crazy funny!
Susan, are you enjoying your new hair cut? It is so cute.
Old 09-12-2008, 04:08 AM

It would kind of be like that scene from the movie "Rat Race," with all the women dressed like Lucy Ricardo going to the Lucy look-alike convention!!!

The Villages Florida
Old 09-12-2008, 04:10 AM
Gold member

Yes and thanks Bare it makes me feel like I don't really qualify for Social Security and AARP doesn't really consider me a charter member.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.