Girl Talk

Closed Thread
Old 09-12-2008, 04:13 AM
Gold member
Default Re: Girl Talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by travel
It would kind of be like that scene from the movie "Rat Race," with all the women dressed like Lucy Ricardo going to the Lucy look-alike convention!!!

The Villages Florida
We really have to do this...it would be just too funny.
Old 09-12-2008, 04:18 AM
Gold member

Hi Bare, I just learned today that you are very lucky that your Key Lime tree is doing so great. When you redo your lanai if at all possible do not move it.

Jim from the Extension Service was here today and told us that Key Limes usually do not thrive here due to the frost that we have in this area.

We will add a Valencia orange tree and a grapefruit tree to our citrus grove. We are also putting in some trellises where we will grow grapes, vines and who knows what else.

Glasses with rhinestones - I just gave away a pair to the Lions Club.

Laverne Party - does that mean I have to re-buy one of those all body girdles? Susan I know it will eliminate all bulges and create new cleavage. I hate to admit I used to wear one of them, then there was the long leg girdle for under slacks and the long line bra that had a zillion hooks in the back.

OMG when I think of what I used to wear.

The bee hive hair do - had that hair do when I got married. Tried to comb my hair out which was more like the beginnings of a nest - full of knots. I think it took me three days to comb it out.

Count me in when you have the party - don't mean to be a party pooper but I think I will not wear all the undergarments - will get a modified Bee Hive though.

HB
Old 09-12-2008, 04:34 AM
Gold member

HB, you can wear the body armour or not up to you, but you must wear the leotard. Won't we all just be hilarious?
Hey, have fun on your upcoming trip.
Old 09-12-2008, 04:41 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyacinth Bucket
Hi Bare, I just learned today that you are very lucky that your Key Lime tree is doing so great. When you redo your lanai if at all possible do not move it. HB
HB, that is very interesting. We never feed it or water it. And we had a huge crop of limes, yum, yum. Perhaps Key Lime trees thrive on neglect.

Old 09-12-2008, 09:05 PM
Gold member

I would like all of you to meet Madge - a woman I admire. I have found her in all of you Peeps. Thank you for sharing "Madge" with me.

Madge is the perfect match for Rocky, her husband. She's adventuresome, realistic, cheerful, about 20 years older than she looks and 40 years older than she feels. She must be doing something right.

Music plays a big part in her life. She plays the drums and loves country music -- even the horn on her pink convertible Cadillac plays Dixie. You don't have far to go to persuade her to sing for a crowd. Give her a good Country & Western song and she's yours. I should mention that she has a full set of bull horns on the front of her car and wears a western hat.

She's against blood sports. She's as spontaneous as Rocky (her husband) is and much more than a pretty face. She tells Jean (her daughter in law) that their marriage may not be the longest marriage on record, but 'by golly' it's tremendous fun. She's off to Mongolia or Libya or the Congo at the drop of a hat. She can shoot the rapids as easily as she can visit Graceland. The last thing she seems to want is to sit in the big house in Hampshire and mingle with the snobby country set.

Rocky and Madge would much rather have bacon and eggs than toast and coffee. No sensible diet for them. No acknowledgement of terminal illness. No concern over cholesterol. Or testosterone. Every moment is valuable. Every day is to be lived to the ultimate. They have no time to sit and wait for something to happen -- instead they prefer to make things happen.

Madge tells Lionel that if they ever think that they are old enough to know better they should have themselves put down. They live totally in the moment. Time doesn't matter to Madge. What is in the time that matters. I love the way they play with one another and with everyone else. Lionel tells Jean that sooner or later Rocky and Madge are going to be put away. Jean assures Lionel that wherever they get put away they will cheer the place up no end. They cope with old age, she says, by refusing to accept it.

Madge says that the two of them never bother to read warning signs because if they did, they would have missed doing many of the things they've done. Those things include shooting the rapids, wandering the globe, dressing in comfortable clothes, and getting off on country music. He gives up the security of a the big home in Hampshire and opts instead for an unencumbered life with a woman who is a perfect match for him.

Rocky doesn't appear to be afraid of anything. I think that a person who is dying must have suspicions that suggest something is afoot. Rocky doesn't ever let these suspicions get in his way. Clearly Madge knows that Rocky's time is limited. They both continue to live life to the fullest, even in a shared hospital room

Rocky is, for me, one of the most likeable characters I have known. I've never seen him waste even a moment of time worrying about his creaking bones or his hearing loss or his lack of success. He's a happy man and it shows.

HB
Old 09-13-2008, 12:16 AM
Sage

I'm wondering if anyone has seen the new movie "The Women" with Meg Ryan and many other great actresses. I was really looking forward to seeing it. The reviews have been scathing to say the least.
Rotten Tomatoes gives it 10%.

If anyone sees it, please let us know what you think.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:58 PM
Gold member

Hi, I am just saying "Hello" so that I get all new messages on this thread.

If there is an easier way to get post and updates from your favorite threads please let me know.

Lost in Cyberspace.

HB
Old 09-16-2008, 09:26 PM
Talking Good Stylist and color tech

[SISo where is the best stylist in town? And while we're on the fem issues Where's a good massage therapist?

PS Keep coloring your hair It's hard to look beautiful all the time, but you're worth it!!! Right ZE="2"][/SIZE]
Old 09-16-2008, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyacinth Bucket View Post
Hi, I am just saying "Hello" so that I get all new messages on this thread.

If there is an easier way to get post and updates from your favorite threads please let me know.

Lost in Cyberspace.

HB
Howdy I'm with you and am horsing around to get the feel for the new sight I never know how to reply and even how to enlarge the print This all takes time and I type so slow I wonder what century everyone will get this message Keep at it and I'll type ya in cyberspace

Junior Rookie
Old 09-17-2008, 02:18 AM
Gold member

Hair stylist - did I read that correctly? An excellent hair stylist is Kevin at Salon ST. T

My hair has never looked better. I have had two perms, haircuts, etc and no problems.

HB
Old 09-28-2008, 07:56 PM
Sage
Default Getting Older

I was reading a book today and one of the characters, an older woman, said:

"Oh, let's face it, we're all getting older and closer to the pavement".

Am I the only one shrinking? I feel like a Mini me (but not sideways, sadly).
Old 09-28-2008, 08:11 PM
Gold member

Bare, it's strange to me that this question came up today. Just went to a different Dr. a couple of days ago and they asked for my height. I gave it to them and later when they weighed me, they checked my height. I measured about 3/4" shorter than I was the last time my height was checked many years ago. I thought they did something wrong so I came home and checked their measurements and they were right on. I'm quite tall and didn't think I'd gotten any shorter, big surprise for sure. Guess I'd better hang on, I'll bet the ride gets a lot bumpier yet
Old 09-28-2008, 08:42 PM
Sage

Everything sure heads south as we get older, thank goodness for TV. Its the only good thing about heading south i can think of!

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 09-28-2008, 10:17 PM
Sage
Talking Headin' South!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nONIE View Post
Everything sure heads south as we get older, thank goodness for TV. Its the only good thing about heading south i can think of!
Hahaha, Nonie! That's great! Yes, I had to move South to find my boobs! Next stop Brazil!
Old 09-29-2008, 08:29 AM
Sage
Default Body parts heading south?

Chels, You are a total riot!!!!!!

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.