Girl Talk

Closed Thread
Old 09-29-2008, 08:37 AM
Gold member

Hi,

I travelled North and nothing on my body reversed itself. I check every day and there was definitely a southward trend.

The mirror in our stateroom was a horrid one. It was an accurate image of me and not the image of the one I wanted.

How was everyone's cruise?

Love ya and miss ya all

HB
Old 09-29-2008, 08:46 AM
Sage
Default Heading back North!

HB!

Are ya back? Good to hear from you, hope you had a wonderful time!

Thats the problem with heading back north! Nothing reverses, so why bother??? LOL Great to hear from you, you've been missed!

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:00 AM
Gold member

Hi Nonie,

Love your new Avatar. Amazing how a cruise can turn the clock back for both of you.

We are in Newfoundland and will be home in a few days. Can't wait to hear all about your cruise.

We have been posting a travelogue in the Travel Forum.

Can't wait for our paths to cross again.

Love ya and miss ya,

HB
Old 09-29-2008, 09:20 AM
Sage

HB, shhhhhhhhhh!

What makes you think we turned the clock back???? The Villages just agrees with us! LOL! Enjoy the remaining of your trip, it sounds fabulous!

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:35 PM
Sage

Peachie, that is what I'm talking about, it is scary! You said that you lost 3/4of an inch and didn't notice it disappearing. Remember when the tooth fairy used to bring us money? Now the bone fairy is stealing our height away while we sleep. The good news is that every one else is also getting shorter and wider!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelsea24 View Post
Yes, I had to move South to find my boobs! Next stop Brazil!
Chels, I think if you just check under your arms in the morning, you may
find your boobs there. Especially if you tend to sleep on your back. It is tricky finding all the little bits in the morning, nothing is where it should be any more.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:02 PM
Gold member

Bare, I never thought of checking the pits. I am going to look for my 3/4" there first thing in the morning.
Old 09-30-2008, 10:09 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peachie View Post
Bare, I never thought of checking the pits. I am going to look for my 3/4" there first thing in the morning.

Peachie, I've been finding all kinds of mysterious things are disappearing in my life. Recently someone broke into my house while I was away for a week. Strangely, all they did was replace all my existing clothes with identical copies but smaller sizes.

And that is why none of my clothes fit any more. Not my fault.
Old 09-30-2008, 10:29 PM
Gold member

Your thieves must have a franchise, Bare, the same thing happened in my closet! After a contractor had completed installing a large closet system put in our very large walk-in closet, my Mom stopped in to take a peek. She looked at the new closet, looked at me and said, "my goodness, do you ever have a lot of clothes!". After I explained to her there were 3 different sizes for 4 different seasons because I planned to lose weight over the years, she understood. Like that ever happened! So I'll guess I'll donate the size 8, leather, Liz Claiborne skirt. Sigh... time to get rid of my fantasies and move on.

Last edited by Peachie; 09-30-2008 at 10:33 PM.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,504 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Girls. You ain't right.
Old 10-01-2008, 01:27 PM
Default What a solution!

IMPORTANT HEALTH ADVICE FOR WOMEN:

Do you have feelings of inadequacy?

Do you suffer from shyness?

Do you sometimes wish you were more assertive?

If you answered yes to any of these questions, ask your doctor or pharmacist about Chardonnay.

Chardonnay is the safe, natural way to feel better and more confident about yourself and your actions.

Chardonnay can help ease you out of your shyness and let you tell the world that you are ready and willing to do just about anything.

You will notice the benefits of Chardonnay almost immediately and with a regimen of regular doses you can overcome any obstacles that prevent you from living the life you want to live. Shyness and awkwardness will be a thing of the past and you will discover many talents you never knew you had. Stop hiding and start living, with Chardonnay.

Chardonnay may not be right for everyone.

Women who are pregnant or nursing should not use Chardonnay. However, women who wouldn't mind nursing or becoming pregnant are encouraged to try it.

Side effects may include dizziness, nausea, vomiting, incarceration, erotic lustfulness, loss of motor control, loss of clothing, loss of money, loss of virginity, delusions of grandeur, table dancing, headaches, dehydration, dry mouth, and a desire to sing Karaoke and play all-night rounds of Strip Poker, Truth or Dare and naked Twister.

WARNINGS:

The consumption of Chardonnay may make you think you are whispering when you are not.

The consumption of Chardonnay may cause you to tell your friends over and over again that you love them.

The consumption of Chardonnay may cause you to think you can sing.

The consumption of Chardonnay may lead you to believe that ex-lovers are really dying for you to call/text them at 4 in the morning.

The consumption of Chardonnay may make you think you can logically converse with members of the opposite sex without spitting.

The consumption of Chardonnay may create the illusion that you are tougher, smarter, faster and better looking then most people.

Jane
Old 10-01-2008, 06:58 PM

I found a great way to weed out some on clothes (with you know all those dream smaller sizes I'll get into). I went to look at my stack of smaller clothes and pretended that I reached my ideal size and then with a brand new prespective, I looked at each piece to see if I would wear it now...about 80% of that clothing went to goodwill.
Old 10-02-2008, 11:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehags View Post
I found a great way to weed out some on clothes (with you know all those dream smaller sizes I'll get into). I went to look at my stack of smaller clothes and pretended that I reached my ideal size and then with a brand new prespective, I looked at each piece to see if I would wear it now...about 80% of that clothing went to goodwill.
If I could fit into my tiny little pair of jeans, believe me I'd wear them, in style or not. Because when you're that size, your butt looks great in anything.

Sadly, I'm one of those yo-yo people you read about. Except these days my yo-yo is stuck in the up position.
Old 10-03-2008, 10:35 AM
Gold member

I can do a cut and paste but haven't figured out yet how do do a quote.

Excellent idea - I will have a closet that is not only spic and span but empty after this last cruise.

Started my water diet today - will see how long I can keep it up.

Thought I was being so careful on this last cruise - but they say the scale doesn't lie (I am living proof it does), the cleaners did not shrink my clothing nor did they use extra hot water to shrink all the clothing that I had washed. I do not believe the above at all. The cleaners did shrink my clothing and the clothing that was laundered did shrink.

I know this is a fact because when I started the cruise the clothing was loose - now they are tight. Besides eating three meals a day (for health reasons - to keep up my energy) the only difference is that we used the ships cleaners and laundry service.

HB

Originally Posted by thehags The Villages Florida

If I could fit into my tiny little pair of jeans, believe me I'd wear them, in style or not. Because when you're that size, your butt looks great in anything.

Sadly, I'm one of those yo-yo people you read about. Except these days my yo-yo is stuck in the up position.
Old 10-24-2008, 05:59 PM
Sage
Default Artificial Nails

I'm a nail virgin who is contemplating artificial nails for the first time. I want to reward myself when I get to TV, as all my nails are wrecked from moving and packing.

I'm wondering if anyone can explain the difference to me between acrylic, solar and gel nails. And which type you would recommend. And could you also recommend a good place to have them done?

I called one place and they said it takes 1/2 hour. I called another place and they said it takes 1 1/2 hours. I don't know what to believe.

The Teaching Academy doesn't do artificial nails. Bright has recommended a place in Wildwood but they're only open Tuesday to Friday.

I have used Hollywood Nails in the past, but they tend to be very fast .. not sure how good a job they do? I'm also wondering about Top Ten in the Palm Ridge Plaze on Highway 466.

Any comments would be appreciated.
Old 10-24-2008, 06:10 PM
Sage
Arrow Bare!

Hi Bare, I still love Hollywood Nails for both nails and pedicures. I am now devoted to Timmy!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.