Girl Talk

Closed Thread
Old 02-10-2008, 04:16 AM
Default Re: Girl Talk

I love this thread, Barefoot!!

I too have tried to go natural...........but hate seeing so much gray come back. Buying a bottle every once in a while is just too easy. At least for now.
As far as lubricant goes............WD-40 is cheap, and may help slide those jeans back on :redface: :redface: :redface:

Old 02-10-2008, 04:54 AM
Sage

love your post pm. Remember when we would have to lay flat on our backs to get the zipper up?? I cant even imagine wanting to wear jeans that tight now, one good thing about getting older, comfort finally becomes important!

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 02-10-2008, 08:40 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyIsBabe
Oh, I just found the girly-talk; what fun!
HIGH HEELS[/b]: I've been living in a very rural small town for the last 5 years. My immediate community is rather "redneck". NOT THAT THAT'S A BAD THING !!!!! And everyone is wonderful and friendly. Only the dress code is..... scruffy jeans, t-shirt, sweatshirt, combat boots, or, in other words - anything. I sure do miss getting "dressed up" once in a while.
GIRLFRIENDS[/b]: I relocated to s/Oregon (from Miami) with a gentleman friend and left all my girlfriends back in Florida. I miss them!
CIB, I haven't seen a lot of high heels in TV, people here dress very casually for the most part. Which is great as far as I'm concerned. As Nonie says, comfort becomes important.

Re girlfriends, I think they're probably the biggest asset any of us have. Men and children may disappoint you, but girlfriends are there when you need them! :bigthumbsup:

I love this thread also PM10. Because we can talk about anything, no worries about Topicop, or going off topic!!!

Barb, loved the honesty of your post.

I actually had a private message from a male member of TOTV ... they are so jealous we have this thread!! They started their own thread and it was so lame. hahaha

Girls rule!

Old 02-10-2008, 11:27 AM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyIsBabe
Oh, I just found the girly-talk; what fun!

HAIR: I never colored mine but I have a very difficult time getting a good haircut. This photo was taken in the summer of 07 after just getting a haircut at my local Walmart. The hairdresser was very flakey, talked non-stop, and gave me one of the best haircuts ever. So, I went back to her about 4 months later and she gave me a really terrible haircut. I just hate when that happens !!!!!!!! I have thick wavey hair and have had some very traumatic haircuts !

SEX: Hmmmmmmmm? The last "date" I had was ????? UMmmmmm, nevermind.

HIGH HEELS: I've been living in a very rural small town for the last 5 years. My immediate community is rather "redneck". NOT THAT THAT'S A BAD THING !!!!! And everyone is wonderful and friendly. Only the dress code is..... scruffy jeans, t-shirt, sweatshirt, combat boots, or, in other words - anything. I sure do miss getting "dressed up" once in a while.

GIRLFRIENDS: I relocated to s/Oregon (from Miami) with a gentleman friend and left all my girlfriends back in Florida. I miss them!
Hey Coney,

I too miss getting dressed up..My heels are roting the closet, never get to wear them and if I do, the heels get ruined because there are no concrete walks here only gravel..The Villages Florida

When I visit my house in TV, is the only time I do get dressed and enjoy it, although as Barefoot said, there is no need every one is very casual..I lime the fact that you have the option of getting dressed..The Villages Florida

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Old 02-10-2008, 11:32 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I do miss getting dressed up. About the only really girlie thing I truly enjoy doing. Was in Bealls Outlet yesterday and found the cutest pair of red, open-toed heels. I tried them on, walked around, they were sooooooooo comfie. But, then, tried to imagine where I would wear them in TV. Couldn't come up with an answer, so painfully and reluctantly put them back on the shelf.

However, if they're still there tomorrow, guess what I'm wearing out of the store? Then I know it's kismet.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 02-10-2008, 12:56 PM

Easy Spirit's, shorts and The Villages T shirts---That is all I want or need!!!! YEAH!!! Well throw in a bathing suit.
Old 02-10-2008, 02:18 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

OK Girls,

I thought I would throw this one out there this morning.

Do you think Hillary has had a little work done?

This is probably a dumb question and I have not done a search on it, butI am sure there are entire blogs devoted to the speculation.

But I just thought I would ask you all.

She is a front-end boomer in the relentless spotlight so my answer is probably, "Duh, what do you think?"

If she has had work done, it looks like a really good job. I think that look of perpetual surprise she now has is strictly Obama-related.

This is NOT,I repeat NOT, an attempt to start a political discussion. -just a little gossip and wondering what you think about having work done, in general.
Old 02-10-2008, 03:11 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Send a message via Yahoo to renielarson

I watched an actual facelift being done a few years back on a show called something like "Operation". It was one of the scariest programs I'd ever watched and I made a decision at that moment to live with what I have! Every time I hear about someone getting a facelift that show flashes before me and I cringe.
Old 02-10-2008, 03:14 PM
Sage

BF- Not sure about WD-40 in the bedroom. We did try the EVOO though, and that works great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefoot at last
Great tip about WD-40 Samhass.

And I guess if we don't have Astroglide in our bedroom drawer when we need it, we could substitute WD-40? ;D
Old 02-10-2008, 03:59 PM
Soaring Eagle member

What a fun site! Remember the all girl slumber parties? That's where we'd really talk girl talk.
astroglide, WD-40, EVOO...don't forget to include Wesson Oil :redface: :
Old 02-10-2008, 04:02 PM
Sage

Sam,

At the risk of sounding totally naive, could you tell me what EVOO is??

OMG I feel so stupid, my guess for astroglide was really ridiculous.

As far as dressing up, I am sooo glad I do not have to dress up in TV or most anywhere these days. Casual is in and I'm elated about it. If I cant wear blue jeans and a T shirt I probably wont go, and as far as high heels :yikes:they were killers for me!

I love my crocks!!! The sloppier I'm dressed the happier I am! ;D

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 02-10-2008, 04:25 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Ask Rachel Ray (extra virgin olive oil)

99.9% of the time, I'm a sweats and t-shirt kinda gal. But that 0.1% of the time, dressing to the nines is fun!

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 02-10-2008, 04:26 PM
Sage

Nonie, EVOO is extra virgin olive oil. Sooooo many uses.....
Old 02-10-2008, 04:37 PM
Gold member

Holy Cow I must live under a rock. I have learned so much. EVOO, Astroglide. Wella etc.etc.
So many uses, so much fun.
I have to agree with Nonie and RW. give me comfy and casual. We lived in Maine for 12 years and I owned nothing but jeans and t-shirts. When we moved to NH I was seriously handicapped in the fashion department. Now if the colors match and it's comfy I am good to go.
Nixed the heels years ago, but do remember going to work in my 3 inch pointed toe shoes, A-line skirts and matching sweater sets and thinking I was pretty hot. 1rnfl 1rnfl
Old 02-10-2008, 04:56 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Give me denim and Berkenstocks and I'm as happy as can be. Comfort is most important to me now.

I hate to admit it but I run around the house wearing pj bottoms and tshirts...oooooh so comfy.

The bra? Yikes, I hate that thing so much! And to think it all began with just two silk handkerchiefs and pink ribbon less than 100 years ago!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.