Girl Talk

Closed Thread
Old 03-20-2009, 09:57 PM
Sage

I want to thank you all for your concern and kind comments. Boomer gave me a link to a very helpful radio program, hopefully she'll post it in the pet forum.

Thanks to Kathie, Judy, Schotzy and Nonie, all pet lovers who understand the pain. And Peazoup and Mom2five, I appreciate your offers of help.

My vet does have a Mobile Vet Service and will come to my house to euthanize Brutus when I decide it is time. I just need to spend some quiet time with him now, before I have to say goodbye.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:32 PM
Veteran member

So, so sorry, not much else to say.
He'll let you know when it's time.
Old 03-21-2009, 01:17 AM
Eternal Member

Bare -
I am hurting for you. I know how much your precious Brutus means to you.
It is so terribly difficult to lose the unconditional love our pets give us.
My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Rescuing one cat may not change the world, BUT for that one cat, the whole world will change.
Old 03-21-2009, 06:18 AM

Bare,

I am so sorry to hear about Brutus. We have lost 2 beloved dogs and our dear Tucker is going on 10 and I am in tears this morning just thinking of what you are going through.

I wish there were words to "make it all better", but of course we all know there are not.

Brutus has been so very fortunate to have loving owners like you and Fireboy.

Karen
Old 03-21-2009, 06:43 AM
Sage
Default Brutus

Bare, If you want someone with you when the time comes, please call.

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 03-23-2009, 11:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default Brutus very gently crossed the rainbow bridge this morning.

( I sent this to Bare and she asked me to post it here and to let you know of Brutus' passing. She will post later, but said that all of your kind thoughts and prayers have meant so much to her and Fireboy and that your kindness has comforted them)

I just returned from my art class at the College and I pass right by where Bare lives when I go down Belvedere Boulevard. She was in my thoughts and I was feeling sad.

I looked up and saw a rainbow right over the area where Bare lives. I am not a person into signs and portents but somehow I knew that It was Brutus telling me that he was alright.

My dearest Bare, that was the first rainbow that I have seen in TV and the timing was very .....spiritual for me. It comforted me and I hope it will comfort you a little. I am thinking of you right now and will continue to think of you. I wish I could take the pain away.

GracieGirl
Old 03-25-2009, 01:53 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelsea24 View Post
Yes! I want you all for sisters! I was an only child. Always wanted a sister and now I have so many. Thank you barefoot for starting this forum. Now we need to get onto more subjects! Love you you all. You're purrrrr-fect! :-*
Me too Chels - I am late getting to this forum - so am reading it all at once. Kind of like watching a whole season of Sex and the City in one sitting!

Thanks Barefoot - this is great.

PS - another reason to buy the giant size EVOO
Old 03-25-2009, 09:11 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
( I sent this to Bare and she asked me to post it here and to let you know of Brutus' passing. She will post later, but said that all of your kind thoughts and prayers have meant so much to her and Fireboy and that your kindness has comforted them)

I just returned from my art class at the College and I pass right by where Bare lives when I go down Belvedere Boulevard. She was in my thoughts and I was feeling sad.

I looked up and saw a rainbow right over the area where Bare lives. I am not a person into signs and portents but somehow I knew that It was Brutus telling me that he was alright.

My dearest Bare, that was the first rainbow that I have seen in TV and the timing was very .....spiritual for me. It comforted me and I hope it will comfort you a little. I am thinking of you right now and will continue to think of you. I wish I could take the pain away.

GracieGirl
Gracie,

What an amazing thing. I have to agree with you.

Barefoot - my condolences on Brutus. Every time I lose a pet, I say it will be the last and then... someone wonderful and furry enters my life and enriches it beyond compare.

Bare - I also owe you an apology... I have been a TOTVer since late last year and a poster for a bit, but only found this thread today. So when I responded to a post by Chels - from over a year ago - had my years mixed up - I never dreamt it would be the last post - and right in the middle of everyone's comments about Brutus.

A semi-new sistah hope to be

Kate
Old 03-25-2009, 09:29 PM
Sage

Kate. You are so kind and dear. I would love to be your sistah.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:34 PM
Sage

I love this thread also .. I always envied the girls on Sex in The City. And now I'm living it! Well, perhaps not the sex part .... but the friendship part for sure.

Thanks for your kind thoughts about Brutus, of course I miss him dreadfully, but I also know it gets easier with time. And although I say "never again" to getting another dog, in my heart I know I'll always want to be surrounded by animals.

And now on to more cheerful topics.

Bathing suit shopping. Well, perhaps not that cheerful a topic. I don't understand why men have bathing suits like boxer shorts that go down to their knees. And women, who have cellulite, have bathing suits with bikini bottoms. Is this a consipiracy?
Old 03-26-2009, 08:16 AM
Golden Sunrise Member
Default Cosmos on the lanai?

Dear Sistahs,

One I FINALLY get there, I will ask my cuter half to go play golf or some such thing, and have y'all over for Cosmos on the lanai. If I don't have furniture it may be one of those BYOC (bring your own chair) parties.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:39 AM
Dancing Thyme

Sounds good to me Kate, and then we'll have a big group

The Villages Florida

I did the same thing, had boxes all over the house (about 150 to be exact) and the place was a dizasta but had all the sistah's over for a coffee meet... Loads of fun. Count me in, I hope... The Villages Florida

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 03-26-2009, 10:54 AM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieI View Post
Sounds good to me Kate, and then we'll have a big group

The Villages Florida

I did the same thing, had boxes all over the house (about 150 to be exact) and the place was a dizasta but had all the sistah's over for a coffee meet... Loads of fun. Count me in, I hope... The Villages Florida
Kath,

It would not be a party without you!

K
Old 03-26-2009, 10:44 PM
Sage

Cosmos on the lanai .... sounds like a plan!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like to know .....

Has anyone found a good bathing suit store in TV? (By that I mean a store that sells bathing suits that makes you look 20 lbs thinner).
Old 03-27-2009, 06:31 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by katezbox View Post
Dear Sistahs,

One I FINALLY get there, I will ask my cuter half to go play golf or some such thing, and have y'all over for Cosmos on the lanai. If I don't have furniture it may be one of those BYOC (bring your own chair) parties.
I did the same Kate, when we were barely unpacked. It was even worse, people cheerfully brought their own coffee cup and ate the donuts out of the Publix box. The BEST, best, best, BEST thing here in TV is the people. I am so glad you are gonna be one of the bunch,Kate. You fit right in!

Last edited by graciegirl; 03-27-2009 at 09:25 AM.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.