Girl Talk

Closed Thread
Old 03-29-2009, 07:44 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Judy and Kate,

Thanks for the research. This whole thing with hair color can sure get to be an aggravation sometimes. But I am not yet up to trying to make the transition.

I got an email just yesterday from a longtime friend who spent the winter going gray. She has now cut her long hair off as short as possible. She said it is like one of those things we used to call a "pixie" cut.

Her husband has been away on one of those trips guys go on so they can male bond and fart whenever they want to and all that stuff. She said she has warned him that her hair is so short now that when he returns he may think an old gray-haired man has moved into their house. I can't tell if she is about to chicken-out and throw herself on the mercy of Miss Clairol or not.

Nora Ephron's book I Feel Bad About My Neck talks about this very issue, along with so many other issues that we face as we age. She does it with humor, of course. And you have to love that title.

Boomer
Old 03-29-2009, 08:50 AM
Veteran member
Question Hair, nails

and all that stuff.
I am currently in need of a good manicure and pedicure. Will soon need a hair cut and a touch up, preferably a salon that uses wella products.
Any recommendations that will not break the bank?
Thanks
Old 03-29-2009, 10:57 PM
Sage

If you want Pink and Whites, I am the "go to" girl. I had my first set in October and have never looked back.

Please don't listen to Chels .. she only has the very boring acrylics.

Re bathing suits .. I think it takes a lot of courage to shop for bathing suits on line. I've been looking around this week. None at Bealls, Bear Dance, TJ Maxx, other shops at LSL. I did find some possiblilties today at Kohls. Will investigate again tomorrow.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:05 PM
Sage
Arrow Ah Ha! Caught!

Witch! Bare thought I was asleep! Talking behind my back! I have beautiful pink and whites compared to Bare's weedy little nubs!

(Whalen, don't think we're serious. Bare and I are best friends.)

whisper: Hollywood Nails.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:25 AM

Where do you get pink and whites in tv? I'm coming down tomorrow and am in desperate need
Old 03-30-2009, 09:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LELANDJANE View Post
Where do you get pink and whites in tv? I'm coming down tomorrow and am in desperate need
Please PM me and I'll give you my recommendation. I'm going on Tuesday for new Pink and Whites.

And I can also give you the name of Chel's pedicure guy! I have to admit, he does a great leg massage.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:13 PM

I don't know how to PM! Sorry
Old 03-31-2009, 12:53 AM
Sage
Arrow Here it is...

Hollywood Nails for manicure and pedicure Le! You'll love it there. Right on 466 in the row of shops in front of Wal-Mart. Ask for Timmy for the pedicure. He's wonnnnnnnnnnnnnderful!
Old 03-31-2009, 08:01 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LELANDJANE View Post
I have used Hollywood Nails (753-4134) as recommended by Chels. Timmy is good for pedicures.

However ... for my cherished Pink and Whites, I prefer "Nails and Beyond". It is located beside Bonefish Grill on CR 466 (west of Southern Trace Plaza). 753-9222 .. ask for Cindy.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:23 AM

Thanks,

I'm about to leave for tv and will try for the pink and whites tomorrow.
Have a great weekend!
Old 04-16-2009, 07:30 AM
Sage

I just used the Salon Professional Academy for a hair color. I could have done it at home in ten minutes by using "Perfect 10"! But I thought I'd give the Academy a try.

It took them 2 1/2 hours to turn my hair coal black. Which would be just fine, if I hadn't requested light brown.

Never, never again. And if you see me, I'll be wearing a hat for a while.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:11 AM
Dancing Thyme

Oh Bare, that's so awful. There are some shampoos that will strip some of that color out for you without hurting the condition of your hair, I'll have to think about which ones. But don't redo the color for a few days - that's what I used to hear at Redken. Wonder why they were too stupid to realize the color was not what you wanted.??? Thanks for the heads up, I'll never go there now.

You won't need to wear a hat, you'll still look so cute. Hope to see you on Friday at the lunch. Lots of our friends will be there! Surprise, surprise!!

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 04-16-2009, 08:45 AM
Sage

Bare,

It seems alot of the colors come out much darker then they are supposed to. I always go one shade lighter then the color I want and it comes out perfect . the problem is that it fades so quickly in the Florida sun, How do you prevent that????

Just sit in the sun a few days, I guarantee it will lighten up about 3 shades very quickly! The other thing is washing your hair in Dawn Dish liquid. Its a little harsh but a good conditioner should do the trick!

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:11 PM
Sage

I'm on my way out the door to buy Dawn Dish Detergent. Thanks Nonie. I'll never joke about doilies again.

Kathie, if you think of the shampoo, it may do a kinder job than Dawn Detergent! I'm wearing baseball hats for now and avoiding anyone I know.

I'm leaving TV on Saturday for six months. Surely by the time I return I won't look like Morticia any more. Is there ever a lot of stuff to do at the last minute, arrrrrg.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia49 View Post
I'll never forget the time I decided to have my hair bleached blonde as a teenager. Having red in my hair the professional bleach job came out a bright, bright bronze. I wore a babuska for days to school until I could get into another salon to tone it done.

This was one of my most embarrassing moments of youth.
When I was in my 20s, I had dark hair down to my waist which I regularly ironed. I had it bleached white blonde. It all broke off so I only had one inch of hair left.

Ah, the things we did when we were young. (And now I'm old, I still keep doing them ).
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.