Girl Talk

Closed Thread
Old 04-16-2009, 09:56 PM
Dancing Thyme

I remember at 13 using straight first-aid peroxide on my hair on the top only and winding up with ORANGE HAIR!! OMG, I told mom it happened at the pool from the chlorine... she didn't buy that lie. Thank goodness I wised up, or did I????????

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 04-17-2009, 06:13 AM
Veteran member
Default Good Morning Ladies.....

I have been up since 4 a.m. to get a head start on my outside work, since this is supposed to be the first warmest day in 8 months! . I found your site, great idea Barefoot! I've been reading all your posts since day one and really enjoyed it! My doggies kept looking at me like I was crazy when I would bust out with laughter lol . May I join? My name is Jeanne, single Mom of a wonderful 31 yr. old son and live in Upstate NY., recently retired and my sister suggested The Villages to me, as she knows people that live there and love it. Long story short lol...I am hooked! . My house is on the market, I have it priced to sell . Not sad about selling lol, sad that I will have to take a loss if I want to sell and move to TV....from what I can tell it will be well worth it!! Great site for girl talk .
Old 04-17-2009, 06:31 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,204 Times in 740 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanneBeannie View Post
I have been up since 4 a.m. to get a head start on my outside work, since this is supposed to be the first warmest day in 8 months! . I found your site, great idea Barefoot! I've been reading all your posts since day one and really enjoyed it! My doggies kept looking at me like I was crazy when I would bust out with laughter lol . May I join? My name is Jeanne, single Mom of a wonderful 31 yr. old son and live in Upstate NY., recently retired and my sister suggested The Villages to me, as she knows people that live there and love it. Long story short lol...I am hooked! . My house is on the market, I have it priced to sell . Not sad about selling lol, sad that I will have to take a loss if I want to sell and move to TV....from what I can tell it will be well worth it!! Great site for girl talk .
Good Morning JeanneBeannie,

Welcome. I have always loved this thread that Barefoot started more than a year ago I think. (My computer is really slow this morning or I would look back at the date of the first post.) Anyway, where else but with Girl Talk could we parade our hair color issues and people would understand perfectly and try to help. And all those other things, too. And the topics just go from one to the other and all over the place and everybody in this thread likes it that way and gets it all just fine.

I am not in TV at this point. We are thinking of a small second home there maybe. We were there for a month in 2007 and were not quite ready. We will return this summer or fall for a long rental and another look. Meanwhile, I am taking golf lessons again. I took them a few years ago but I need major help and will never be good at it. I am really good though at going out to lunch after. But there is so much to do in TV that golf is not required.

So good luck on your house sale and your new adventure.

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 04-17-2009 at 06:33 AM.
Old 04-17-2009, 07:50 AM
Golden Sunrise Member
Default Welcome Jeanne

I love your screen name! This is such a fun thread.

Boomer, I will gladly golf with you this summer. I love to play, but will never be good. I just love the courses and how beautiful it is outside. Plus you can drink beer to improve your chances of hitting the ball in the right direction.

I am also quite good at lunch - I wish I were better at golf and less good at lunch.

C'est la vie.

Kate
Old 04-17-2009, 07:54 AM
Veteran member

Welcome Jeanne! The more the merrier! Keeps the topics interesting!!
Old 04-17-2009, 09:28 AM
Dancing Thyme

Jeanne, welcome to girl talk. You'll love it in the villages. Good luck with selling your home. I hope you move into Heavenly Hadley, we already have about 5 single women on my street and we are all good friends. You'll have a great time with us. Keep us posted on your progress. Sell, sell, sell!!!!

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

Old 04-17-2009, 10:12 AM
Sage

A great big welcome to you Jeanne!

Where in N.Y. state do you live????

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.

Last edited by nONIE; 04-17-2009 at 10:14 AM. Reason: bold
Old 04-17-2009, 10:44 AM
Veteran member
Default Break Time Lol....

How wonderful you all are!! Thank you so much for your very warm welcome! . No wonder everyone cant wait to return or move there!! . Boomer thank you, I took golf lessons once, I could hit the ball but could never get it in the air lol! I'm much better at lunch too! Thank you Kate, my friends call me Jeanne Beannie, I guess cause I am so silly (or nuts lol) . Thanks Sshuler for the welcome too! And Nonie...I live in Cobleskill are we near each other? And thank you Kathie for the nice welcome....you will laugh if I can explain this right. Every night I go to bed with all these villages running thru my head, where am I to look? , and everytime I kept telling myself that I need to check out "Heavenly Hadley". So cool that there are other single women there too! It must have been a premonition sp? lol. Are there any houses there for sale? I look forward to meeting all of you!! Thanks again!
Old 04-17-2009, 11:05 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanneBeannie View Post

my friends call me Jeanne Beannie, I guess cause I am so silly (or nuts lol) .
JeanneBeannie, we love silliness in TV. You will fit right in and you will just love it here, I promise you that.

By the way, I said in an earlier post that Head & Shoulders would strip color from your hair if you are "overdyed" like I am right now. Nope, it doesn't strip color any more. I think people must have complained to Head & Shoulders. And they must have added a "color guard" to their shampoo.

So today I'm using Dawn Dish Detergent as suggested by Nonie. I don't want to arrive in Canada tomorrow looking like Morticia.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:22 AM
Veteran member
Default Thank You Barefoot!

Excellent idea starting this forum....I think its great! Thanks for your welcome and assurance that I will love it. I am sure I will, especially with all you great gals! From reading all the old posts....yep you are all silly too lol lol, I love it! . I feel for you regarding your hair, so sorry, thats the pits! I died my hair for the first time (and last lol) and it came out black! My son called me Morticia for weeks!! . Have a good trip home, and have fun with Lolli...so adorable! Maybe I will be there by the time you get back to TV .
Old 04-17-2009, 11:47 AM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
JeanneBeannie, we love silliness in TV. You will fit right in and you will just love it here, I promise you that.

By the way, I said in an earlier post that Head & Shoulders would strip color from your hair if you are "overdyed" like I am right now. Nope, it doesn't strip color any more. I think people must have complained to Head & Shoulders. And they must have added a "color guard" to their shampoo.

So today I'm using Dawn Dish Detergent as suggested by Nonie. I don't want to arrive in Canada tomorrow looking like Morticia.
Barefoot, tomorrow?? OH MY, my kisses to you for a safe journey. We'll miss you here but you'll be on totv more often cause there's nothing to do in Canada, LOL.

Yes your right, most of the shampoos that used to strip hair color have been either discontinued or reforumulated. The best used to be Flex by Revlon or Hair Cleansing Cream by Redken, but I don't believe they exist anymore.

Before you try Dawn, go in the pool, the chlorine will strip the color for sure. Let us know the outcome.

Jeanne Beannie, yes there are a few houses in Hadley still available but not many. Let me know if you want me to look at any for you. Get down here, we need another nut!!

Old 04-17-2009, 01:59 PM
Sage

Jeanne, ANOTHER NUT!!! You dont know how happy that makes me. Everyone is so serious here in the Northeast. I get to act like the idiot I am in TV, I guess thats why I love it so much. I can be me and still be accepted.What a wonderful feeling that is.

Jeanne, I think you live about 2 hours N.E of me, practicaly neighbors!

Hey you know what? I just had a thought. I am always looking for company either driving or flying down to T.V. If your ever interested in making the drive with me let me know. You are more then welcome to stay with me too!

My hubs doesnt come down to TV as much as I do. Cant you see us 2 nuts driving down I -95 hell bent for TV? ::l:l

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.

Last edited by nONIE; 04-17-2009 at 02:02 PM.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:17 PM
Veteran member
Default You are all amazing!

Thank you Kathie, how kind that is of you to offer to look at places for me! Wow....after I saw that I searched online for places in Hadley! . I got interrupted by my realtor tho lol, she stopped by and I told her to SELL THIS HOUSE . I told her I was moving to TV, at first she didnt realize how serious I was lol...but she does now! She even took my TV dvd home to look at it lol.
Nonie....what can I say? You are just too much (in a wonderful way)! . When my realtor was here we were talking about me making arrangements for me to fly down and check it out, I hadnt checked that out yet, its so overwhelming, with the house for sale, my doggies etc. , then I get your sweet message! I would love to travel down there with you, how fun would that be?????!? Lol lol two nuts!! . That is a very nice offer, and is truly appreciated. Like I said...I have been incognito for a month or so cause this is a big step for me....but after hearing how sweet you ladies are...there isnt a doubt in my mind that TV is where I want to be!
Old 04-18-2009, 06:49 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to Shirleevee
Smile

Kathie, Nonie & JB,

On your way down 95, please stop in Staten Island and pick me up lololol

Staten Island, N.Y./The Villages
Old 04-18-2009, 07:43 AM
Veteran member
Default Good Morning!!

That would be just sooooo much fun Shirlee!!!
How cool would that be lol lol lol!!

Jeanne
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.