Girl Talk

Closed Thread
Old 05-22-2009, 09:56 AM
Sage

[QUOTE=Boomer;205043]GG and IG,
This is the other dress I bought last summer:
http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2997580?...=searchresults

Love the dress. Was going to order it for myself .. it is out of stock! Oh Boom, you got the last one.
Old 05-23-2009, 08:16 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanneBeannie View Post
That is such a beautiful story Kate, so glad Bare asked you to share it with us. You and your hubby have huge hearts . You must have been so excited waiting for their return. Great story!!!
My son and I have a cute story, but nothing compared to yours thats for sure lol. We moved in this house in late November and Christmas morning we got 3-4 ft. of snow. My son was out snowmobiling and I was watching him at the window, he came to the window to say hi and shut the engine off and all of a sudden we heard this little meowing. Sure enough there was this teenie tiny kitty right there up in the tree! She was the size of my hand and practically lifeless. Long story short, my son nursed her back to health and we still have her and she is a beautiful jet black kitty. How original, thats her name lol. How on earth she ever got up here on this mountain is beyond me. She must have been a gift from Santa.
Oh Jeanne,

That is beautiful. When I was very young I visited my Grandma (in Massachusetts in the winter) and looked out the window and saw this pretty bird outside in a snowstorm. I told my Grandma and aunt and they at first thought I was in fantasy land and finally came to look. It was a lost parakeet (we never found the owner). He lived for many years with Grandma and talked up a storm.

Sounds like your little kitty knew the right place to go to - and found a real home.

k
Old 05-23-2009, 08:21 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
GG and IG,

I really do not like the sleeves on that one. But thanks so much.

This is the other dress I bought last summer:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2997580?...=searchresults

And it has to be the most forgiving dress in the entire western world, actually the whole world, maybe even the universe.

And in this new era of wedding manners, I hear that black is fine at a wedding. I think white is still a no-no. Not sure.

I have a long strand of pearls (fake but they look good) that I am thinking of wearing with it. They are so long that they can be looped into a double strand or knotted. I am a fan of long knotted strands of pearls. (I don't think I was ever a flapper though.)

So anyway, for now, this dress is the backup. Time will tell. And really, I do not know why I am concerned. Nobody is going to look at Aunt Boomer. This is another drop-dead gorgeous bride.

Boomer of the Wedding
Boomer,

I love it, And your niece will be so happy to have her favorite, witty, well-read aunt that I'm sure you will look great no matter waht you decide.

PS - also a big fan of the knotted pearls - real or not!
Old 05-26-2009, 12:25 AM
Sage

Speaking of neat girl tricks ... I cut up egg cartons and use them for earring storage.

Anyone else have some neat girl tricks to share?

I apologize for the lame trick. It is 1:30 AM and I should be asleep.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:24 AM
Sage

Bare, Egg Cartons????

your puttin us on right? now that is the epitome of frugality . LOL

Get a good nights sleep and contact us in the morning!

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 05-26-2009, 06:42 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nONIE View Post
Bare, Egg Cartons????

your puttin us on right? now that is the epitome of frugality . LOL
Nonie, I don't do it to be frugal ... it is the best way I've found to store individual pairs of earrings. And you can stack them in a bureau drawer. But I'd love to hear a better way.

By the way, with the money I saved from not buying jewellery cases, I bought a Villa in TV!

And did you know that hydrogen peroxide is supposed to be a gang buster cleaner (Beady and Wiwi know the details).
Old 05-26-2009, 07:20 PM
Veteran member
Default Ahhhh great idea!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Nonie, I don't do it to be frugal ... it is the best way I've found to store individual pairs of earrings. And you can stack them in a bureau drawer. But I'd love to hear a better way.

By the way, with the money I saved from not buying jewellery cases, I bought a Villa in TV!

And did you know that hydrogen peroxide is supposed to be a gang buster cleaner (Beady and Wiwi know the details).
Hydrogen peroxide to clean?!? Wow I love it! That would sure be cheaper than buying all these expensive cleaners. I cant wait to try it tomorrow!! Thanks Bare!
My sister uses egg cartons to start seeds for her garden.
Old 05-26-2009, 08:23 PM
Sage

Just kidding ya Bare, Thats a very unique idea, and I dont know of any better way to store earrings other then throw them in a big heap in my jewelry box and have them get all tangled up.

I really admire people who can recycle items most people throw away and find good uses for them.

Actually, my daughter uses hydrogen peroxide to clean pet accidents out of her carpets. She claims it works every bit as good as the expensive pet cleaners you buy in the pet shops. So much cheaper too. Its probably a good idea tho to spot clean first to make sure it doesnt take the dye out of the rug.

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.

Last edited by nONIE; 05-26-2009 at 08:27 PM.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:05 PM

I use those little plastic craft boxes with the partitions for my earrings. It keeps them separated and I can choose the pair I want easily without having to open various boxes.
Old 05-27-2009, 06:34 AM
Veteran member

Good to know that peroxide is good for doggie mishaps, wish I had know that two weeks ago lol. One of my doggies "tossed his cookies" if you know what I mean lol right before a showing. I was frantically trying to get the spot out of the rug . Got the spot out, but didnt sell the house lol .
I am sure you all know this frugal idea, but just in case....yesterday I repotted some plants, during the year I save the little styrofoam balls that come in packaging. Its great to fill large pots in the bottom, great for drainage, save money on filling the whole thing with potting soil and really great for making it easier on the back when you have to lift them lol.
Old 05-27-2009, 02:07 PM
Platinum member

Just in case you don't want to bother with saving the little styrofoam balls all year for potting plants, I use aluminum cans. Just bend them in half and place in the bottom instead of rocks, etc. Works great for drainage and makes the pots much easier to move. It doesn't matter which part of the can is exposed, either. If water gets into them, they just add moisture as the plant gets thirsty.
Old 05-27-2009, 04:34 PM
Veteran member
Thumbs up Great Idea Dilly!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillywho View Post
Just in case you don't want to bother with saving the little styrofoam balls all year for potting plants, I use aluminum cans. Just bend them in half and place in the bottom instead of rocks, etc. Works great for drainage and makes the pots much easier to move. It doesn't matter which part of the can is exposed, either. If water gets into them, they just add moisture as the plant gets thirsty.
Thanks! That is a great idea and so much easier than saving those styrofoam balls . Sure wish I had known yesterday lol, I was outside and a burst of wind came thru and it looked like it was snowing!! . This saves the day as I have more plants to re-pot and have lots of empty cans . No more styrofoam for me !
Old 05-27-2009, 06:41 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts
Default I was enveloped in a fine mist today at the mall

This afternoon I must have completely lost my mind. I went out into the world of shopping, which I hate a lot, and I bought a pair of pants.

So what is wrong with that?

Well, these pants are LINEN! Aaaaaauugghhhhh!!! What was I thinking?

But they fit so nice. And they felt so nice. And they said they were 100% Irish. (even though on closer look they had come in via Thailand)

And they made me look not quite so butterballish, even though I dedicated the winter months to that project.

So I kind of understand how it came over me. I was caught up in a fine mist I think. And I bought LINEN. LINEN! Aaauuuuugh!!!!!

I have avoided linen for a really long time. Dry cleaning costs a blue fortune. So that's a pain. But the other thing is that I am always afraid that I will end up looking like I have been sleeping in my clothes for days on end because of the way linen wrinkles.

Anyway, at least the pants are black. So maybe they won't look too wrinkled.

And the saleslady told me that she just does not worry about the wrinkles. It's linen, after all. I think linen is supposed to be a little classy maybe. I don't know about that part. But it is not too practical. That I do know.

So I guess I should just get over it and embrace the linen-ness of these new pants. And figure the trade-off of wrinkles for butterball-hiding fit will be worth it.

But there is something about that I need to know -- or not. Does Talbot's have skinnifying mirrors in their fitting rooms?

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 05-27-2009 at 07:00 PM.
Old 05-27-2009, 07:16 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Boomer, my friend,

Linen with wrinkles is classy - just brazen it out... Anything that skinnifies is wonderful.

Now - about those mirrors... Not so sure about Talbots, but one of the shops in LSL definitely does. I tried on a pair of white (white!!!!) jeans and they made me look thin. I jokingly said the mirror must be "fixed." The sales associate turned all sorts of red and tried to say they really did look good.

I knew better - but bought the, anyway.

Please come for a visit to TV - I also bought some white linen capris the same day as the jeans. What am I thinking???!!!!?????

Kate
Old 05-27-2009, 08:17 PM
Veteran member
Cool Country Music....

Any of you gals like Country Music? They are having a tribute to George Strait on now. Woohoo....all those handsome cowboys...I wanna jump thru the tv screen!!
I saw in my TV dvd that you have had a few down in The Villages, Lee Greenwood etc.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.