Girl Talk

Closed Thread
Old 05-31-2009, 10:54 PM

you can buy wella products at sallys
Old 06-01-2009, 08:29 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by katezbox View Post

But I do love "Earl Has To Die" by the Dixie Chicks and "Friends in Low Places" by Garth Brooks.
I also love "Friends in Low Places"! I'm not a huge country fan, but occasionally one of the songs really grabs me .. like Willie Nelson's "You Were Always on My Mind".

Remember "Put Your Sweet Lips a Little Closer to the Phone"? (Kate and JB, you'd be too young to remember that one!)
Old 06-01-2009, 09:01 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,204 Times in 740 Posts
Default -- remember "80's Ladies"?

A perfect country music singer to bring up in the Girl Talk thread is K. T. Oslin. I don't think she has done anything for a while. If so, I have missed it. She is well known for "80's Ladies." Her lyrics are for women. "Live Close By, Visit Often," "Younger Men," "Do Ya," "Cornell Crawford," "Hey Bobby," and many others. Great lyrics with an attitude that may have made her just a little ahead of the times for the country music crowd when she started. One of her CD's is titled "Songs from an Aging Sex Bomb."

I have not heard much about her lately. I think she is about 67 now and a few years ago had heart problems which may have slowed down her career.

If you like lyrics with an empowered woman's twist, you may want to listen to a little K. T. Oslin.

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 06-01-2009 at 09:07 AM.
Old 06-01-2009, 04:10 PM
Veteran member
Default You are very kind....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I also love "Friends in Low Places"! I'm not a huge country fan, but occasionally one of the songs really grabs me .. like Willie Nelson's "You Were Always on My Mind".

Remember "Put Your Sweet Lips a Little Closer to the Phone"? (Kate and JB, you'd be too young to remember that one!)
I wish I was too young lol, but thanks !!! "Put your sweet lips alittle closer to the phone....lets pretend that we're together all alone". Lol I better stop I could go on and on. Love that song too!!
"Friends In Low Places" is hysterical, always gives me a pick me up lol.
"Earl Had to Die"....I will never forget the look on my son's face when he heard that one lol.
Speaking of Willie Nelson, he was on the Huckabee show about a month ago with Ray Price. I was speechless, it was fantastic!!
K.T. Oslin has some really cool songs, would be nice to see her come back again. She had bypass surgery just like you said Boomer after mowing the lawn.
Old 06-01-2009, 04:22 PM

I absolutely LOVE country music.......and the classic "Friends in Low Places" is one of my favorites. I adore Patsy Cline. Cranking up the volume with country playing is the 'bestest'
way to clean house!
Old 06-01-2009, 04:43 PM
Veteran member
Default I agree Bogart!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogart View Post
I absolutely LOVE country music.......and the classic "Friends in Low Places" is one of my favorites. I adore Patsy Cline. Cranking up the volume with country playing is the 'bestest'
way to clean house!

Country music is great cleaning music!! My son laughs so hard while I am singing, dancing and cleaning at the same time!
I shouldnt admit this cause you gals will really think I am crazy lol , but my previous golden retriever would run in the room whenever "Boot Scootin Boogie" came on, and would dance with me on his hind legs...well...with me holding his front paws lol.
Old 06-01-2009, 06:24 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogart View Post
way to clean house!
I just googled Patsy Cline so I could listen to "Crazy" and "I Fall to Pieces" on Youtube. I love her voice.

Did you know she died in 1963 when she was 30 years old? Wowser, so young. Hard to believe we are still talking about her music.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:51 PM
Soaring Parsley
Default a play about Patsy Cline

Always...Patsy Cline is a play that makes the rounds of smaller theaters and community theater. I have seen it 3 times. Once at Playhouse in the Park in Cincinnati. Once in Tennessee. And once in community theater. Needless to say, I liked it.

Boomer
Old 06-02-2009, 04:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Boomer? You go to Cincinnati Community Theater? You know Jackie Demaline?
Old 06-03-2009, 05:12 PM
Soaring Parsley

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Boomer? You go to Cincinnati Community Theater? You know Jackie Demaline?

Hi GG, I do not know her.

The play Always...Patsy Cline has a tiny cast. A woman who tells the story and another woman to play Patsy Cline. Of course, they need someone with a phenomenal voice for that part. But they're out there. Maybe not quite. But almost. And there is a little backup band.

Speaking of theater, there is another play with a very small cast that would be a perfect choice for an audience in TV. That play is Sylvia. Sylvia is the name of the dog who is the star of the show. But the dog is played by a woman. (I think Sarah Jessica Parker played the part a long time ago, might have been off-Broadway.)

Anyway, the dog comes to live with a couple and soon becomes the light of the husband's life. The play is funny and touching and has so many true things in it for dog lovers.

The dog is a stray and so at the beginning, the actress playing the dog is dressed in ragged, dirty clothes. But once she is adopted, she goes to the groomer and she gets to wear a snazzy outfit for the rest of the play.

If you are a dog lover and you ever get the chance to see Sylvia, please do not miss it. You will laugh. You will cry. You will laugh and cry at the same time. And you will think it is about your very own dog.

In the productions I have seen, they show a picture of a real dog at the end of the show. That part disappointed me because the dog did not look like Annie. In my mind Sylvia was Annie.

(But there is no country music in the play Sylvia. Hey. We don't care. This is Girl Talk and we can talk about whatever we want to.)

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 06-03-2009 at 05:14 PM.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:47 PM
Sage

Oh Boomer, I saw the play "Sylvia" about six years ago in a small summer theatre in Prince Edward Island. It was amazing, I just loved it.

Perhaps it has greater appeal for dog lovers. It was so darn cute.
Old 06-05-2009, 07:07 AM
Veteran member
Smile George Jones!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Re country music ..... Have you ever listened to the words of George Jones' old hit "He Stopped Loving Her Today"? I think it is one of the most romantic songs ever!
George Jones was just on the Fox News...so cool!! He is at the Bama Jama Concert this weekend, starting last night and they had your song in the background "He Stopped Loving Her Today"!! I am sure they will have clips of it on Fox and the Concert will probably be on the Country Music channel GAC. I wish I was there!!
Old 06-05-2009, 11:06 AM
Sage

I'd love to see George Jones live singing "He stopped loving her today". I have to make do with Youtube.

I'm still regretting not going to see Elvis live when he was in Buffalo. Back in the day.

I don't see any point in going to live performances if you don't have a good seat. But if you have a front row seat, a live performance is awesome. I've had some great seats when I went to see Roy Orbison, Neil Diamond and Tom Jones. Wowser, great memories.
Old 06-06-2009, 06:52 AM
Veteran member
Smile Great Memories!!

You are so right, live concerts are so much fun. I saw Neil Diamond too! Tom Jones was in our area all the time, my sister in law didnt miss one concert...she was in love with him lol.
I too....regret so much that I didnt go see Elvis, and I had the opportunity when he was in NYC....dumb Jeanne . I saw Reba years ago at an outdoor concert in Vermont, and we were right up in front...it was great!!
I have dragged my son to many a country concert lol, I think I embarass him with my cowboy hat .
Not sure if anyone caught it last night on TV, but Bill O'Reilly had a tribute to Ed Sullivan. It was great, brought back so many memories,
he had all the old favorites, Elvis, the Beatles, Rolling Stones, so many big stars started their career on the Ed Sullivan show. They even had a clip on little Topo Gigio lol...remember him? He was my favorite!
Jeanne
Old 06-06-2009, 07:03 AM
Veteran member

P.S. I just had another flashback lol, I remember watching Ed Sullivan with my parents on Sundays, and on Saturdays was good ole Mitch Miller lol! Remember him and the little bouncing ping pong ball on the bottom of the screen to sing along to the songs? Shows sure have changed since then.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.