Girl Talk

Closed Thread
Old 06-16-2009, 08:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Well. I haven't heard that word in awhile. My parents friends called "it" that...lol.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:16 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts
Default and the name of the game is........

Quote:
Originally Posted by katezbox View Post

Boomer, I suspect the population that is not female trolls here because they think we may chat about what my friend Nancy calls "Nookie". ................
k

What do you call it?

My sister and I sometimes laughingly call it “watching Matlock.” (I guess by now some of you know me well enough to figure that a little story will ensue.)

Here goes:

Picture it. Cincinnati. City of the Reserved. The Polite. The Proper. The town where people do not talk about their sex lives………..

Anyway, my sister and I were out and about one day when we decided to pay our parents a surprise visit. (We were probably somewhere in our 40’s at the time which would have put our parents at late 60’s, early 70’s.) We thought they would be so happy to see their lovely daughters, even though unannounced. So off we went to bring them such joy, or so we thought.

Well, when we arrived at their house, we knocked on the door. And we knocked. And we knocked some more. Nobody answered.

So we went around to the garage where I jumped up high so I could see in the garage window. And……

OH NO! OH MY! The Oldsmobile WAS THERE!!!! OH MY! OH! NO! WHAT HAD HAPPENED TO OUR POOR “ELDERLY” SWEET PARENTS???????

My sister and I knew not what to do. And, of course, according to our family tradition, we let imagination run wild……

HAD OUR DEAR PARENTS BEEN KIDNAPPED BY A GERITOL SALESMAN WHO WOULD FORCE THEM TO POSE FOR ADS?!!

OR HAD AN AMBULANCE COME AND TAKEN THEM AWAY??!!!!

OR HAD THEY FALLEN AND COULD NOT GET UP??!!!

OH MY! OH NO!!!!

This was in the days before cell phones so we could not call in an APB. Whatever would we do?!!

As we wrung our hands and walked back to the front of the house, our mother opened the door. She was wearing the fuzzy robe that my sister had bought her for Christmas. For goodness sake! Why was she wearing her robe? It was AFTERNOON!!!! WAS SHE SICK???? OH NO!! OH MY!!!! OUR POOR DEAR “ELDERLY” MOTHER!!!!!

And in her very sweetest motherly voice, she said to us, “What in the are you two doing?! Out here running around like chickens with your heads cut off???”

And we sighed in unison, a great sigh of relief. And I asked, “What happened? Are you and Dad OK? We pounded and pounded on the door. And we looked for the Oldsmobile in the garage. And then we saw it and we were scared? What happened? Why didn’t you answer the door???"

And our dear, sweet, “elderly” mother, standing there in her robe, in the AFTERNOON, said, “Ohhhh, we did not hear you. We were, uh, watching Matlock.”

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 06-16-2009 at 11:16 PM.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:09 PM
Platinum member
Smile Play The Game

Don't know if any of you saw this movie, but it was hilarious. It, too, is about the birds & bees later in life....stars Andy Griffith and Doris Roberts. Definitely one I'll watch again. Some parts were a little hard to hear over the laughter in the theater. Yep, hubby and I were laughing, too.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:11 PM
Platinum member
Default Still Laughing

[QUOTE=Boomer;209705]What do you call it?

My sister and I sometimes laughingly call it “watching Matlock.” (I guess by now some of you know me well enough to figure that a little story will ensue.)

What a great story!! Priceless!
Old 06-17-2009, 05:42 AM
Veteran member
Default Great Story!

Funny story Boomer, bet you all had alot of chuckles over "watching Matlock" lol lol.

I love Andy Griffith, he is such a sweet, kind man. What was the name of the movie? I'd love to see it. Lightening zapped my computer over a week ago (been going crazy lol and sure missed you all on TOTV). My son hooked up this antique till we get the other computer back thank goodness but my lil silly faces wont work here (soooo sad). Anyhoo back to Andy Griffith....being bored without my computer the other night, I found a station on the television that had all the old reruns of "Mayberry", it was so nice to see the old shows and lil Opey lol lol.
Also Andy Griffith is on a new country music video with Brad Paisley "Waitin on a Woman", oh its so sweet!!
Old 06-17-2009, 09:07 AM
Golden Sunrise Member

Watching Matlock! Oh, Boomer - what a great story!

But confess... did your sister's imagination run wild as well???? I am trying to conceptualize the world with a sister-of-Boomer with the same vivid imagination and corresponding flights of fancy.

Several years after my mom passed away, my dad remarried. A couple of weeks before the wedding we went out for me to help him pick out a wedding gift for his new bride. Somehow the conversation was steered by him to a reverse version of "the talk" - you know the one in theory you have with your daughter about what to expect on her wedding night. My father had never come close to mentioning nookie to me in any way shape or form. Picture Massachusetts - the state of Puritans and such. Now he was asking me (his engaged but unmarried daughter) for advice! EEEEEKKKKKK!!!! And then followed up with how he didn't think "it" would be that important in this marriage - and basically told me he was out of practice (my mom had been ill for years) and that his bride-to-be wasn't that interested.

Fast forward a few months. I stopped by (like Boomer, unannounced and with my new step-sister). The cars were parked out front and a light was on upstairs but no one answered the door - even though you could hear some noise inside. My dad would have been in his early to mid 60s at the time. We kind of guessed what might have been going on and laughed at (with apologizes to S.R. Vaughan) "if the house is a rockin, don't you come a knockin."

The next day I was over there for lunch and found a clipping pf an Ann Landers column under some magazines I was moving to set the table. The headline was to the effect of "Seniors Need Sex, Too."

I guess Ann's advice prompted them to "Watch Matlock."
Old 06-17-2009, 09:52 AM
Sage

Oh Boomer and Kate, those are great stories. And I haven't heard "it" called nookie for a long, long time. We used to call sex during the day "a nooner" or "afternoon delight". My girlfriend always refers to it as "getting an oil change".

Welcome to the site Carm310. This is the only place you can switch topics three times in one post and no-one gives a rats a--.

When we first started this thread, the boys (to compete I guess) started a thread called "Boy Talk". Well, it was boring, no-one had anything interesting to say, and it lasted about two days.

Girls rule!
Old 06-17-2009, 12:37 PM

Well I am hooked Boomer, I have spent my lunchtime the last two days with you! Thanks for the chuckle.
Ladies! I can't wait to come home in two days! I got the earliest flight out of gray Chicago for Friday morning. We have 17 days to enjoy TV, the
4th of July will be our first holiday spent there too!
Old 06-17-2009, 09:28 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Last night in the discussion here dillywho told us about this movie. I had never heard of this movie. And it sounded like fun. So I tracked down a preview. (Why in the world and when in the world did they start calling these things "trailers"? It's not like we watch them AFTER the movie. That word used this way makes absolutely no sense to me.) Oh well. I digress. Here's the preview. That's right. I did not say trailer.

What would Opie say? Oh my!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSaBKNkoY6U[/ame]

And thanks, Dilly. Now I am going to go in search of the whole movie.

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 06-17-2009 at 09:45 PM.
Old 06-18-2009, 07:22 AM
Sage

Boomer. It won't open. Is it my computer or...

I can't get into the trailer!!!!
Old 06-18-2009, 07:34 AM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by carm310 View Post
Well I am hooked Boomer, I have spent my lunchtime the last two days with you! Thanks for the chuckle.
Ladies! I can't wait to come home in two days! I got the earliest flight out of gray Chicago for Friday morning. We have 17 days to enjoy TV, the
4th of July will be our first holiday spent there too!
Welcome to TV Carm. Hope we can meet up while your here. Will you be getting in early enough to meet us at Crispers at 3pm? Hope so. Otherwise we'll see you at the square!! Have a safe trip.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 06-18-2009, 07:39 AM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Boomer. It won't open. Is it my computer or...
I can't get into the trailer!!!!
Gracie, I got in, it looks like a fun movie. I've always loved Andy G. I'm a big Matlock fan...... ooops, don't mean it the way this thread is going!

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 06-18-2009, 11:34 AM
Sage

GG, it is your computer.

Carm 310 .... have a great time in The Bubble. Barefoot is in Exile right now. Catch you next visit I hope.
Old 06-26-2009, 07:40 AM
Sage

Sadly, we lost Farrah Fawcett to cancer at age 62. It is so sad to see cancer claim another young woman. And Michael Jackson also died at age 50. A long life isn't promised to anyone. I'm thinking of Elizabeth Taylor today. She was such a wonderful friend to Michael Jackson, she will be grieving.

On a more cheerful note, Sarah Jessica Parker brought her surrogate twins home from hospital today. And the cycle of life continues.
Old 06-26-2009, 07:53 AM
Sage

AND the little Italian Greyhound Gianna was found wondering near the mail drop in the adjacent village. How long was she missing?

That is what I am going to think of and smile about!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.