Girl Talk

Closed Thread
Old 06-26-2009, 03:10 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Gracie,

Are you coming down to the bubble next week?

I hope so, and that it is making you smile, too.

Wonderful ladies of the Feminine Forum

Jim and I both lost a parent during our college years (his dad, my mom). They were each just a couple of years older than we are now.

"Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present."

Carpe diem

Kate
Old 06-26-2009, 03:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,500 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

We aren't coming until the last week of July and the first week of August. The company that Sweetie is now consulting for is holding us hostage.

Rats.
Old 06-26-2009, 05:15 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Double rats!

wellll.. we will just have to wait to meet in person. Things to do to pass the time...

Think of your 10 favorite movies of all time - write them down, and put the list away for a day or two. Take out the list and make sure these are you faves - watch two a day for the next 5 days. (that's one week gone)

Think of a favorite series of books... Little House, Harry Potter, Martha Grimes' Richard Jury mysteries. Start with the first one and reread as many as you can in order (it's like having lunch with old friends). You can start the week you are watching the movies. This can take up 2 or more weeks.

Make a list of 7 foods you have heard about, have never eaten and can find in Cincinnati. Eat one a day for the next week - another week gone.

Make a list of friends you haven't spoken with lately - call them and, if local, meet them for lunch at restaurants unique to your area.

Before you know it, you will be here!
Old 06-27-2009, 06:07 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Sadly, we lost Farrah Fawcett to cancer at age 62. It is so sad to see cancer claim another young woman. And Michael Jackson also died at age 50. A long life isn't promised to anyone. I'm thinking of Elizabeth Taylor today. She was such a wonderful friend to Michael Jackson, she will be grieving.

On a more cheerful note, Sarah Jessica Parker brought her surrogate twins home from hospital today. And the cycle of life continues.
Yes Bare, it was a very sad day indeed. I'm glad I was flipping channels last night...I missed the first 10 minutes but they had the Documentary Farrah and Ryan did. It was so sad, she is one heck of a courageous woman. I knew they did it, but didnt realize it would be aired so soon. Did you see it?

Michael Jackson's death is also so very sad. I was thinking of Elizabeth Taylor too. I do know she made it to the hospital immediately. I think she was called before they even left the house to take him to the hospital. I was worried about her also, yesterday afternoon I had heard that she collapsed when she heard he passed. Hoping she is alright since I havnt heard anything since.

Great news for Sarah Jessica Parker!!!
Old 06-27-2009, 07:17 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts
Default not to be missed

There is something on the board today that all us girls just have to see. Fumar posted in "Just for Fun" something that he titled "How's Your Memory?"

The link is wonderful. Stuff from the 50's and 60's. Great fun.

There is one part that you absolutely must see.

Scroll through the link until you come to "The Good Wife's Guide." Oh my! The list is really something. And be sure not to miss the shoes that the woman is wearing while she is cooking dinner. And do you believe that part about never complain if he is late or even if he stays out all night???? (That was a wishlist written by a man I bet.)

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 06-27-2009 at 08:12 AM.
Old 06-27-2009, 08:19 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by katezbox View Post
Double rats!

wellll.. we will just have to wait to meet in person. Things to do to pass the time...

Think of your 10 favorite movies of all time - write them down, and put the list away for a day or two. Take out the list and make sure these are you faves - watch two a day for the next 5 days. (that's one week gone)

Think of a favorite series of books... Little House, Harry Potter, Martha Grimes' Richard Jury mysteries. Start with the first one and reread as many as you can in order (it's like having lunch with old friends). You can start the week you are watching the movies. This can take up 2 or more weeks.

Make a list of 7 foods you have heard about, have never eaten and can find in Cincinnati. Eat one a day for the next week - another week gone.

Make a list of friends you haven't spoken with lately - call them and, if local, meet them for lunch at restaurants unique to your area.

Before you know it, you will be here!
What a thoroughly delightful person you are Kate!
Old 06-27-2009, 08:22 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
There is something on the board today that all us girls just have to see. Fumar posted in "Just for Fun" something that he titled "How's Your Memory?"

The link is wonderful. Stuff from the 50's and 60's. Great fun.

There is one part that you absolutely must see.

Scroll through the link until you come to "The Good Wife's Guide." Oh my! The list is really something. And be sure not to miss the shoes that the woman is wearing while she is cooking dinner. And do you believe that part about never complain if he is late or even if he stays out all night???? (That was a wishlist written by a man I bet.)

Boomer
Why BOOMER! I thought all of us Cincinnati wives followed that guide!
Old 06-27-2009, 10:30 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by katezbox View Post
Things to do to pass the time... Before you know it, you will be here!
The very best way to pass time is to have a good friend from The Villages come to visit! Beady and I met through TOTV. She is now here in Canada with me for ten days. I am so blessed.
Old 06-27-2009, 09:36 PM
Veteran member
Default The good wife

Just read Fumar's post.
No wonder we burned our bras!
Old 06-27-2009, 09:53 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

I still have not fully recovered from reading that "Good Wife's Guide" this morning. And that thing about being so understanding about how he might need to stay out all night. What planet was that? Let's hope any woman who was letting that happen was doing it because she was quietly draining the bank accounts and moving the money into her own name while looking for a hunky lawyer.

Boomer
Old 06-29-2009, 07:18 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

My cousin sent the same "guide" to me via e-mail last week. Oh, did I laugh!

Good thing I wasn't a wife in the 50s or I'd have been like a couple of the ladies in our neighborhood with "nervous" conditions - which I really think meant a need for a martini before 5.

k
Old 06-30-2009, 12:36 PM
Sage

If I was a wife in the fifties, I think I would have been booted out the door before our first anniversary!! I would love to know who wrote "the Good wifes guide" they must have gotten into the wacky weed!!

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 07-05-2009, 09:33 AM
Sage
Default Vegetarians

Any vegetarians out there?

I gave up eating beef three years ago. I'm now in the process of giving up pork and am almost there. I don't like fish (except for shellfish). I'm tired of eating chicken, chicken, chicken ...

Does anyone know any good veggie burgers or other suggestions?
Old 07-05-2009, 08:47 PM
Sage

Bare Im so proud of you, I wish I could get to the point that you are at.

I still like a good steak once in a while!

However, I will not eat veal or lamb. Its a start.

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 07-05-2009, 09:10 PM
Veteran member
Default I'm a veggie-wannabee ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Any vegetarians out there?

I gave up eating beef three years ago. I'm now in the process of giving up pork and am almost there. I don't like fish (except for shellfish). I'm tired of eating chicken, chicken, chicken ...

Does anyone know any good veggie burgers or other suggestions?
bare....I've given up eating red meat (almost 30 years ago) but really don't miss it.

One of my favorite meat dishes (well, mostly veggies) is turkey chili ; ground turkey meat, 3 different kinds of canned beans, grated carrots, chopped celery, lots of garlic, onions, spices, tomatoes, marinara sauce.... almost anything.

I also eat lots of tuna salad, tuna sandwiches, fish, chicken-apple sausages, egg-white-veggie omelets

Last edited by ConeyIsBabe; 07-05-2009 at 09:13 PM.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.