Girl Talk

Closed Thread
Old 07-14-2009, 12:27 PM
Veteran member

Hey Boomer....our food club here in MI is called Gordon's...you can buy the LARGE bag of Stacy's pita's for a real reasonble price
Old 07-14-2009, 02:27 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,204 Times in 740 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR1234 View Post
Hey Boomer....our food club here in MI is called Gordon's...you can buy the LARGE bag of Stacy's pita's for a real reasonble price
Hi PR, thanks, maybe I will have to check at Costco or somewhere like that here.

Well, I guess those Stacy's pita chips I was talking about were not really 10 million dollars a bag.......actually........about $7.00 as I recall.

I was running around Kroger in Cincinnati looking for them because somebody had told me that they were great with hummus. Finally found them in the deli department. The woman who was helping me look for them said, "You are not going to believe how expensive these things are."

Every once in a while, I get a little sticker shock going on. I will look at a price in a grocery store and think, "You have got to be kidding me."

Yet somehow, I can always manage to pay upward of 4 bucks for just a pint of Graeter's chocolate chip ice cream and not bat an eye. And, you know, come to think of it, I can at least share a bag of pita chips. Go figure.

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 07-14-2009 at 05:16 PM.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:04 PM
Golden Sunrise Member
Default Hummus etc.

With a Turkish son-in-law we eat a lot of hummus. We love the Sabra pine nut version (and we get it in the BIG tub at Costco). Stacy's chips can be bought for much less there, too. Warning - LARGE bag.

We like to use the pocketless pita they also sell at Costco. We heat it up in a panini press - but you can warm it in a toaster or toaster oven - then just cut it into wedges.

When it gets a little low in the tub, I like to sprinkle a bit of Turkish red pepper on top. We just a bunch from the fam in Istanbul - so am happy to share if any of you would like any. Bare, I will save some until Autumn - don' think it would clear customs.

k
Old 07-14-2009, 10:35 PM
Soaring Parsley
Default from hummus to well........

Farts!

Long story.

Today in that thread about age, TH brought up farts. Yep. Farts. It was most certainly not on topic, and he was even wearing a tuxedo at the time, but alas he was talking about farts. I suspect that Tony put him up to it, but we will never know for sure because all men love to talk about farts and laugh about farts. All of them.

We just returned from a family vacation. Mr. Boomer and my sister's husband one evening steered the conversation to their joyous memories of the farting they did when they were on a trip a few years ago with a couple of other guys. What do they remember about their trip? The farting of course.

One time I asked Mr. Boomer to pick up a birthday card for said brother-in-law. I should have known to get it myself because Mr. B. found a card about elephant farts. And my BIL liked it, of course. I would never give my sister a card about farts. I wonder if those musical cards that they have now have come up with one that just makes farting noises. Men would love it. Probably with the wonders of technology, they could even find a way to sing Happy Birthday in fart sounds. It would no doubt be a bestseller. (Sigh) --uh oh, maybe I had better patent that idea.

Well, when TH mentioned that word, I had just looked in and there I saw it. And once again I was inspired to give more thought to trying to get funding so that there can be a study to prove my theory that finding farts funny is attached to the Y chromosome somehow.

Like I said in the other thread, I just found out that a wonderful piece of pottery that I bought while on vacation is from a pottery studio that has a name that is a euphemism for farts.

Actually tonight I took a picture of my new pottery so I can show it to you. And I will show you the pottery mark, too. What planet do I live on anyway? I go out into the world. Go to a gallery. Find the perfect piece of pottery for my copper coffee table. And then find out that the potters' studio name is a euphemism for farts!

So anyway, I am working on the pictures. I do not know how to post them so it might be a couple of days before they show up here. I will put them in this thread. I still like the pottery. And I have given it a place of honor. I just bet a man named the pottery studio.

Dillywho stopped by the other thread and she is very interested in the study, too. I told her over there in that thread to meet me over here and I would bring her up to speed on this. And we can never get into trouble for going off topic in Girl Talk and we might have over there.

So now I am going to do something here that is probably against some kind of protocol or something, dragging threads around to put them in Girl Talk. I hope you will please forgive me if I am being tacky. And redundant. I think some of you might have seen this thread from last fall. Just ignore it if that is the case. But I told Dilly that I would meet her here and fill her in. This thread was fun and so here is the rerun. Lots of the girls agreed with me on this one.

The worlds shortest fairytale....

Oh how I dream of winning the Nobel Prize someday for proving that men are genetically coded somehow to think that farts are hilarious and make such a scintillating topic of conversation. I know that I, as a woman, most certainly never talk about farts.

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 07-14-2009 at 11:03 PM.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:56 PM
Platinum member
Thumbs up Stitches Again

Boomer,

Drats, just missed you. Must be time to shut your little peepers.

You did it again, gal. Once again, I can't see much thru the laugh tears. We gotta get that study underway. I dunno, tho, maybe it's more fun not really knowing. Equality for women is one thing, but I don't think we need ever try to qualify for that one.

Later. Keep up the good work and good humor.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by katezbox View Post

We just a bunch from the fam in Istanbul - so am happy to share if any of you would like any. Bare, I will save some until Autumn - don' think it would clear customs. k
OK Kate, that is a deal, Turkish hummus in October.

Boomer, as usual I am speechless after reading one of your essays! The topic of farts usually makes me . However you are very amusing!

Fireboy would kill me if I talked about excessive farting at the Fire Hall where the testosterone runs rampant and farting is a hilarious event. I will only say that our new 63 pound dog must have been a firefighter in a previous life.

P.S. Am I really the only one who watches the Batchelorette?
Old 07-15-2009, 10:14 PM
Soaring Parsley

Hi girls,

I am an idiot.

I really am going to show you a picture of the pottery I bought from the studio with the name that I know a man must have given it. But even though I have the pictures now, I cannot seem to get them here. They keep coming out in pieces. Do you know what I mean? A window pane. A chair arm. A few square inches of a table top. This is what happens to me every time I try to send pictures. When I try to send pictures of people, they end up looking like a Picasso with an eye here or there. Or like I had dismembered the person whose picture I took.

Of course, if my learning curve where directions are concerned could be perhaps even slightly longer than that of a gnat, maybe I could figure it out. When I try to read directions, I always feel like my head is being pinched in a vise. I know it's bad to be this way.

I am going to give up for tonight. It is Garbage Eve and I have to go investigate the refrigerator and see if there is anything on its last legs in there.

But someday I will get those pictures in here. I promise.

Goodnight.

Boomer Annie Leibovitz
Old 07-15-2009, 10:19 PM
Veteran member

"Boomer Annie Leibovitz"

Is your pottery decent!
Old 07-15-2009, 10:53 PM
Soaring Parsley

Hi Whalen,

I just flung the garbage in Mr. Boomer's direction so he could schlep it to the curb and then I took one more look in here and saw your question. And.... Well, I guess you will just have to wait and see.

Since it is getting so close to midnight, I feel like doing one of those shameless confessions.

Remember the last time you got hit on. Well, it has been a while for me, but today I got hit on. Yep. I sure did.

I went to my water aerobics class and I was a little bit late. Probably because I was on here this morning babbling away while I was having my Cheerios.

Anyway, when I got to the pool, the class had already started, but there were two men I had never seen before standing there. One on the pool steps and one already in the water. And I overheard what they were talking about.

"Hey, Frank," said the guy in the water, "this water is damned cold this morning. I think I'm about to turn into a soprano."

"Yeah, you're right. Damned cold," said Frank, who was blocking my way while gingerly working his way into the pool.

So I smiled at them and said to Frank, "Would you like for me to push you in?"

And the guy in the water said, "Aw, you better not push him, he will have a heart attack."

And then that dear man Frank said, "Well, if I get this with the heart attack, I will take about twelve heart attacks." And then Frank graciously extended his hand and led me into the pool.

Now girls, I have to tell you that everything is relative. I am no spring chicken and I have those legs we talk about sometimes and I must say it was a long carbohydrate-filled winter. I am being realistic here. I know my limitations. But still, it counts. I got hit on. Well, sort of. At least I got flirted with anyway.

Everything is relative.

That dear, sweet, gracious man Frank, who bestowed upon me these pathetic bragging rights, had to be well upward of 80.

And now, goodnight again.

Anna Nicole Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 07-15-2009 at 11:00 PM.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:51 PM
Veteran member
Default Beatle Gail

Boom,
Was about to start a new thread and lo & behold you're up!
Did you happen to see Letterman tonight?
Paul McCartney was on and sang from atop the marque at the Ed Sullivan Theatre..............time was I would have been there.
I miss New York

PS
My whole family laughs at fart jokes
Old 07-16-2009, 07:06 AM
Default "Coming Out"

Boomer, I'm a brand new wife (last Friday) and a brand new villager (last Sunday). One thing I told my new husband, who loves the neighborhood pool, is that I don't go out in public in a swimsuit. He said, "It's different down here.
Try it once and I won't bug you anymore. So yesterday, I trucked down to the 50% off swimsuit sale at Belk's and took the plunge ( pun intended) I also bought a cute cover up that I didn't plan to take off. When we got to the pool, Carl introduced me to his friends and in 10 minutes I was in the pool talking with the ladies, using their noodle floats and having a great time! Carl was right. It's different down here. I love it!
Old 07-16-2009, 09:50 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LELANDJANE View Post

When we got to the pool, Carl introduced me to his friends and in 10 minutes I was in the pool talking with the ladies, using their noodle floats and having a great time! Carl was right. It's different down here. I love it!
Congratulatiions Leland Jane .. sounds as if you have nothing but blue skies and fun ahead of you. I'd love to hear the romantic story about how you met your new husband and decided to move to TV.

It sure is different in The Bubble. I love the fact that everyone is in their golden years and having fun, rather than obsessing about losing weight or looking like a size 4.

It is always a shock to my system when I have to leave TV for my exile months, and am once again surrounded by the magnificence of youth.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:25 AM

I know what you mean, Barefoot. I moved from a university community, so if I went to the gym or shopping, I was alongside 15,000 size 0-4 coeds. I don't think we had those sizes when I was in college.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:17 PM
Soaring Parsley

Hi Girls,

I realize that I have been going on and on a bit in this thread lately about how I am completely convinced that finding farts funny is attached to the Y chromosome. I am forever hopeful that someday I will be able to obtain funding, maybe just a small private grant, so that I can conduct a study, and, at last, prove my theory to the whole world. Like I told you, I dream about the Nobel Prize. Or whatever prize they give for science stuff. I have even been working on my acceptance speech.

And then I told you about how on my vacation I found the loveliest piece of pottery to put on my coffee table that is in this very room with me. My desk is at the other end of the room. I have finally moved my computer out of the kitchen.

I bought this pottery at a gallery. Pottery studios have interesting names sometimes. And I asked about the name of this one. And the gallery owner told me that she had just found out from another customer what the name means.

The name is "Barking Spider Pottery."

Well, I had never heard of this barking spider thing. I guess when there is no dog around to blame, a barking spider can be the excuse.

You know, I don't know for sure, but I would bet that a man came up with that name for the studio. Well, actually, I feel like I do know for sure. Would a woman name a pottery studio after farts?

I guess I could cut the artist a little slack. Maybe the studio is really named after that tarantula native to Australia. Perhaps the potter is just a fan of arachnids. But that tarantula makes some kind of noise. Convenient to blame audible flatulence on. If you are in Australia I guess.

I will never know the answer to how this name came to be attached to this pottery I loved at first sight. But I will just bet that somewhere there is a woman who was trying to talk a man out of naming the studio "Artsy Fartsy Pottery" and so she compromised.

So here are the pictures. A place of honor. Fart name and all. I am showing you the mark. I loved the colors. And they had other pieces that I liked, too. I might end up with a couple more pieces of pottery from that studio that I think might have been named after farts. Figures.

Boomer

The Villages Florida

Well, I can't get the second picture to go into this post. I will try it in a separate post.
Old 07-17-2009, 07:30 AM
Golden Sunrise Member

Boomer,

The pottery (and the room) are beautiful. I have never heard that spider term before - but I'll bet you are spot on about the "artsy fartsy" theory. And we did have a dog we used to blame flatulence on - of course sometimes it really was her. We called her "Gassie Cassie." Cassie was a golden retriever.

I think maybe you might wish to expand the scope of your study. It is related (in a way) to farts. When I started my first job after college, we had a cart that stopped at each mail station for us to get coffee or tea in the morning. About 30 minutes after the cart departed, I was amazed to see all the men (Wall Street Journals tucked under their arms) head to the Men's Room. Why is it, that men need to have a good sit down with a periodical before they are capable of producing a (to use a "guy" term) dump?

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.