Girl Talk

Closed Thread
Old 08-11-2009, 10:58 AM
Sage
Default how to ignore...

Since several of you asked (but, I'm sure admins wouldn't want this to get too widespread)....

You can choose to ignore the posts of individual members but I don't see anyway to automatically ignore a whole sub-forum.

Towards the upper left of your screen, click on the "User CP" menu link

From your user profile, look down the left hand column and click on "Edit Ignore List" link

There is a box that says "Add a member to your list" .... start typing the member's screen name in this box...after a few characters, the system will show you all member names that start with those letters. Select the one you wish to ignore and hit the "Okay" button to save it.
--------------------------------

You can de-ignore (resuscitate) these members at any time. When they do post, you will see a placeholder where they posted but not the actual content of the post. Hey, it's better than nuthin'

Like you, BobKat, I sometimes click on 'new posts' based on the thread title before I realize it's in political. Then, I beat a hasty retreat.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:32 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Thanks 07 and all.

Boomer - like you I am a moderate. And I am happy to discuss issues. With emphasis being on discuss. I don't want to hear how Obama was born in Kenya, or how he is planning to socialize medicine or why women only dislike Sarah Palin because she is attractive.

Many of the fans of the political forum are also Glenn beck fans - a washed up disc jockey in New Haven before he learned that taking extreme positions gets you a national audience.

Whalen - I so agree with you that I am actually thinking of just having my PMs fed to my yahoo account and only visiting TOTV to read them. But I would really miss THIS thread.

I actually posted something RUDE today - and got a thumbs up from Tony. Actually, I posted something rude once before and he liked that too - seems he gets tired of all the negativity too.

Kate (tired of work and in Atlanta)
Old 08-11-2009, 09:57 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by katezbox View Post
Thanks 07 and all.

Boomer - like you I am a moderate. And I am happy to discuss issues. With emphasis being on discuss. I don't want to hear how Obama was born in Kenya, or how he is planning to socialize medicine or why women only dislike Sarah Palin because she is attractive.

Many of the fans of the political forum are also Glenn beck fans - a washed up disc jockey in New Haven before he learned that taking extreme positions gets you a national audience.

Whalen - I so agree with you that I am actually thinking of just having my PMs fed to my yahoo account and only visiting TOTV to read them. But I would really miss THIS thread.

I actually posted something RUDE today - and got a thumbs up from Tony. Actually, I posted something rude once before and he liked that too - seems he gets tired of all the negativity too.

Kate (tired of work and in Atlanta)
Hi Kate, fellow moderate,

As a moderate I have been hoping against the, more obvious every day, odds that political would moderate instead of dominate. (Of course, I mean just calm down. I know they won't turn into moderates like us.) The lineup is full of thread start after thread start after thread start. And if I were looking in here and watching now, like I did for a while before I joined so long ago, I cannot imagine that I would join. I would think that I had stumbled upon just another political venting spot.

Like you, I would miss this thread if I gave up. I was just getting started on getting a little help from the girls while I try to get through more than just a week on this V8 thing. But this thread has slowed down quite a bit I know. And I understand.

And I also know that it is possible that TOTV has changed forever and is on to becoming something else. There is still good info and even a little fun under the political pile up, but it requires more and more wading to get to it. So maybe it has just quite simply changed forever and there are those who like it that way and so that is how it is. And so, if so, I would then need to just be a little sad about it and then forget about it. Although Boomer would miss the fun. (But she's nuts.)

I will never venture into Political again. I would think that I saw a little hope. A little light. A little humor even. But then......you know.

For now, I guess I will just wait and see how it goes as I hope for moderation. It has been way cranked up in there this summer. An offshoot of the media onslaught. Everywhere.

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 08-11-2009 at 10:23 PM.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:47 PM
Veteran member

Boomer, Kate,

It's getting harder & harder to avoid, it's becoming all political all the time.

Last time I looked politics was about 40% of all posts, and sometimes general and medical posts are political in disguise.

So much about political BS, tomorrow I need to know about the new gold label tuna fish.

Good Night
Old 08-12-2009, 09:08 AM
Dancing Thyme

Girls, Girls, Girls!!!!

You have fallen into their trap. You have just transformed our WONDERFUL Girl Talk Thread (thank you Bare for starting this thread) and turned into into a Political Bit*h session. What am I missing? I find it very easy to ignore what I don't want to read. Its also easy to change the % of threads all about political by posting your own thread about something nice, Like Happy Birthday, or Who likes Spanx??? What happened to our fun thread, is the negativity catching? I hope not, It will never catch me....

Speaking of dieting,,,, why is it no matter how much I dance at night and sweat my arse off, I still don't lose weight??

Girls, what can be done? What am I doing wrong????? Help please...... Your loving sista,,,, Kath

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 08-12-2009, 09:19 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Hi Kathie. This is Boomer speaking.

Hey, about that dancing. Yesterday I got on my elliptical and sweated my behind off. Or pretended that I was I guess. I listened to Jimmy Buiffet the whole time so maybe the pace was a little more mellow than when I punch up the hard rock stuff on the old iPod. But did I weigh in less this morning???? Helllllllll NO!

Kathie, maybe we are just turning it all to muscle and we know that weighs more. Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Boomer
Old 08-12-2009, 11:23 AM
Julie
Default Happy IVGLDSW Day!

First of all, I haven't posted in awhile (I was never an uber poster anyway), so HELLO to all the ladies in and out of The Villages.

I firmly believe that all women in and out of TV are VGLDSW!!!

I'm not sure if this link has been posted before, but it really cheered me up. Perhaps it will put a smile on many of your faces too:
http://rogstad.vox.com/library/post/...gldsw-day.html

Hope this leaves all of us having bright optimistic days ahead.

-Julie
Old 08-12-2009, 11:36 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieI View Post
Girls, Girls, Girls!!!!

You have fallen into their trap. You have just transformed our WONDERFUL Girl Talk Thread (thank you Bare for starting this thread) and turned into into a Political Bit*h session. What am I missing? I find it very easy to ignore what I don't want to read. Its also easy to change the % of threads all about political by posting your own thread about something nice, Like Happy Birthday, or Who likes Spanx??? What happened to our fun thread, is the negativity catching? I hope not, It will never catch me....

Speaking of dieting,,,, why is it no matter how much I dance at night and sweat my arse off, I still don't lose weight??

Girls, what can be done? What am I doing wrong????? Help please...... Your loving sista,,,, Kath
Yea, you tell em,

And by the way, (I think this is definitely girl talk) , Noone ever mentioned if they have ever worn a shaper that instantly took 2 sizes off of them? I really, really would like to know!

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:40 AM
Sage
Talking Hahahaha!

Julie! I love this post! Happy IVGLDSW Day ladies! I think we all fit into this category!

Hey, Nonie Macaroni!!! If I buy 4 of those body thingies will I go down 8 sizes! Wooooo hoooo! Get outta my way.... placin' my order now! (Of course, I might never breath again, but as my daughter would say "Suck up up sistah!")

Last edited by chelsea24; 08-12-2009 at 02:11 PM.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:53 AM
Sage

hahahahahahahaha!

I am visualizing you trying to squeeze into 4 shaper thingies, one on top of the other!!! OMG! Is it even worth it????? I would be too exhausted to go anywhere after that workout!!! LOL

Old 08-12-2009, 12:01 PM
Dancing Thyme

Hey seriously, I gotta admit something... shhhhh, don't tell the boys. But the spanx (lower 1/2) really works, helps me dance without jiggling.......LOL All the girls laugh cause my pants start to fall off as the night goes on... I'm pretty sure it does off 1/2 a size at least -- that's okay, I'll take whatever it gives me.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

Old 08-12-2009, 12:04 PM
Sage

How about the spanx upper? Or do we want those to jiggle? LOL LOL

OMG, we are so bad!

Old 08-12-2009, 12:07 PM
Dancing Thyme

Julie, I love you, where you been??????

I loved this part of
IVGLDSW ----

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.
(Author, KathieI )

Old 08-12-2009, 12:55 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
MS]
Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.
(Author, KathieI )
Hey Kathie her twin must be inside of me.

Cookies are one of my true weaknesses, well along with Cake,Ice Cream, Garlic Bread,Fettucie Alfredo,Potato Chips,Nachos,Eggplant Parmesean,Bagels,Cinnamon Rolls,Cheese,Olives,Sangria,Cheesecake,Fudge,Empan adas,Cannoli,and on and on and on.

Geez no wonder I can't lose weight.

Old 08-12-2009, 01:01 PM
Julie

Quote:
Julie, I love you, where you been??????

I loved this part of
IVGLDSW ----

(Author, KathieI )
Oh Geez Kathie, I've been wasting away here in sunny California (land of the fruits and nuts) trying to sell my house. I could go on and on about the woes of house selling and competing with all of the foreclosures, but I am trying to stay positive.

Yes, I live many of those quotes

Kathie, tell me the truth; I've been thinking about buying one of those spanx thingies, but have feared the whole going to the bathroom thing...is it much more of a pain in the keester to go while wearing one?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.