Girl Talk

Closed Thread
Old 02-11-2008, 03:52 PM
Gold member
Default Re: Girl Talk

How sweet it is.

Remember you have a date after Feb. 17th for a hair dye.

HB
Old 02-11-2008, 04:04 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,204 Times in 740 Posts

Avista,

I will be thinking of you, and it sounds like the local support group is already gathering around you. You will do just fine.

Boomer

Old 02-11-2008, 04:09 PM
Gold member

I think it is just wonderful that we have our own site and can tell each other what is going on with us.

It is great to be a part of a larger family of sisters where everyone responded so positive and so fast to Avista and Avista felt comfortable to putting out to us what is happening to her

A very good and warm feeling.

HB
Old 02-11-2008, 04:52 PM
Veteran member

Avista -- I also had one about 10 years ago along with a bladder repair (too many big babies!). In total it took me 6 weeks before I was really back to normal, but I was told that it was the bladder repair that took longer. I also second RW when she says up and moving ASAP. Won't be fun at first, but every day will be easier. -- Linda

Also: Wheeling, WV * Youngstown, OH* Niles, OH * Oshkosh, WI * Ft. Worth, TX * Da Bronx * Marathon, NY * Bricktown, NJ * Newark, DE * San Antonio, TX * Washington, DC * Tacoma, WA
Old 02-11-2008, 05:46 PM
Platinum member

Thanks everyone for your best wishes, support and good advise.. We've only been in The Villages about a year, and it feels good to have friends.

We should have a girls lunch out sometime.
Tampa, FL
Old 02-11-2008, 06:33 PM
Sage

New topic! Sneeze, Cough, Laugh, Pee? Or is it just me? :dontknow:

Discuss, discuss . . .
Old 02-11-2008, 06:43 PM
Gold member

No Chel, you left out bending and other exercises.

HB
Old 02-11-2008, 07:33 PM
Veteran member

Bladder repair is the word!

Also: Wheeling, WV * Youngstown, OH* Niles, OH * Oshkosh, WI * Ft. Worth, TX * Da Bronx * Marathon, NY * Bricktown, NJ * Newark, DE * San Antonio, TX * Washington, DC * Tacoma, WA
Old 02-11-2008, 07:40 PM
Gold member

Hi Another Linda,

I am not a good candidate for that surgery. Also have fibroid tumors that adds to the problem.

Thanks for the good advice though.

HB
Old 02-12-2008, 12:42 AM

Just found this forum and thread and am now in deep trouble. I can't bear to leave it. And I love having tons of new sisters. 040 :2cool: Avista I had a hysterectomy 38 years ago and have never looked back. Everyone's advice is excellent and if you get up and about soon, use the pillow, try not to sneeze, and take your pain meds you will soon be fully recovered and feeling terrific. I am not in TV yet but will be thinking of you on the 20th.
Johannesburg, London, Wiesbaden, Fairfield CA, Tokyo, Rock Hill SC, Myrtle Beach, Denver, Baltimore, Bangkok, Hongkong, Rutland VT, New York NY, Seneca SC, and next (and last stop as soon as we sell our house) The Villages.
Old 02-12-2008, 12:53 AM
Sage

Chels,

NO! Its not just you. This is a very common problem among women our age. An embarassing one at that. I have 2 friends up north who had the bladder surgery and it was unsucessful. Also heard from other women that the surgery did not help. I really dont understand why it does not help in many cases. Any nurses out there who might have the answer to this??

I really wonder if guys have this problem, they would probably never admit it right? After all, arent men almost perfect??? ;D

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 02-12-2008, 12:59 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Not a nurse but here's how my doc explained it to me. The bladder rests against the uterus (lazy bugger that it is). If you've had a hysterectomy, it is now folded almost in half and really doesn't like standing straight up -- it will try to lean against the pubic bone which causes pressure and voila, we need to pee or ELSE! If you still have your uterus, the walls are not as strong, it has gotten smaller and you have some of the same issues. I'm sure there are other reasons as well, but at least this one made sense to me.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 02-12-2008, 01:03 AM
Eternal Member

OMG - Y'all have made me so happy. I miss my buddies where I moved from and really have yet to find any here.
Love being able to chat like this and hear from and about each of you.
Thank you..... We should have a GNO (Girls Night Out)!!!!! wav

Rescuing one cat may not change the world, BUT for that one cat, the whole world will change.
Old 02-12-2008, 01:32 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,204 Times in 740 Posts

I think we may be getting close to the subject of HRT. I know that when I get together with other women my age, HRT is always a "hot" topic.

There were two books that came out early in 2007 that I read cover to cover and passed around to friends. Hot Flashes, Hormones, & Your Health by Joann Manson, M.D. and The Hormone Decision by Tara Parker Pope who is a health columnist for the Wall Street Journal. Christiane Northrup has recently updated The Wisdom of Menopause. The information in these books revisits the big study that hit the news in 2002.

Now that the osteoporosis drugs have hit the market, they are being heavily prescribed for bone density. But there is so much more to the issue of HRT. And each woman's personal health history must certainly dictate her decision.

Any comments or information on HRT?
Old 02-12-2008, 01:37 AM
ilovesoup

Hey Barefoot and Redwitch,
I've gone grey by using "Fanciful", a wash out rinse, until my grey was all out. I used a blonde color, worked well. I'm all white now and love it!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.