Girl Talk

Closed Thread
Old 10-07-2009, 12:57 PM
Dancing Thyme

Bare, you've got everyone on this kick about Sarah Palin glasses. Last night at Havana they were trying on all these different glasses on me and we found something we liked. No one likes my large JackieO glasses, but I do. So now your gonna cost me money to get some new specs.... thanks a lot. I found some new eye glass stores in Orlando yesterday, we can go there when you get here. We'll take Nonie too. And then we'll go get our cards read.... sounds like fun????

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 10-07-2009, 02:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieI View Post
Bare, you've got everyone on this kick about Sarah Palin glasses. Last night at Havana they were trying on all these different glasses on me and we found something we liked. No one likes my large JackieO glasses, but I do. So now your gonna cost me money to get some new specs.... thanks a lot. I found some new eye glass stores in Orlando yesterday, we can go there when you get here. We'll take Nonie too. And then we'll go get our cards read.... sounds like fun????
Kathie (or should I call you Red?) ... Sounds like a great idea .. I'll look foward to a girls' day. I'm also looking here to see if I can find some palin glasses before I leave Canada so my medical plan will cover it!

But I'm always up for having my cards read!
Old 10-07-2009, 07:55 PM
Julie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Julie, I thought you were buying glasses now in TV and I wanted to copycat the store you selected. But I think you may also be a seasonal resident??
Hi Bare, I am not a seasonal resident. In fact I'm not even a resident, yet. My husband and I are still living in good ol' sunny California. That is until November 2nd when we begin our eastward journey to TV. After that time we will become frogs.

From the looks of it, we'll all be stylin' with our new spec's by then! I wonder if anyone will end up with the Sarah Palin specials after all this talk...
Old 10-08-2009, 10:26 AM
Golden Sunrise Member

OK - now I am just wondering here, so don't yell at me...

But, with due respected to Halle (who I believe lives in the beautiful state of Alaska), Wasilia, AK is not known to be a fashion capital of the world. (Paris, Milan, New York, London, ....Waslilia?)

Is it possible, just possible, that the reason no one has found these rimless glasses is that they went out of style about 10 years ago (or more)? I am throwing this out for the following reason:

Before I had my Lasik in 1999, I wanted rimless glasses, but my Rx was so strong that I couldn't wear them (think Coke bottle). So I'm thinking they were in style somewhere before 1999....which probably means they are ready to come back (like bell bottoms and those peasant-y tops with puff sleeves...)
Old 10-08-2009, 12:36 PM
Veteran member

I'm with ya on that one Katebox.....I think they make people look old
Old 10-09-2009, 10:20 PM
Sage

Interesting comment Kate! I've been told by optical companies that Sarah Palin made the rimless glasses look fashionable again. And that the actual designer KK glasses are selling like hot cakes.

But then mini skirts and orange shag rugs came back into fashion, so there is a cycle for everything!
Old 10-09-2009, 11:42 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to barb1191
Default Rimless glasses have been in "vogue" for at least 10 yrs or more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Interesting comment Kate! I've been told by optical companies that Sarah Palin made the rimless glasses look fashionable again. And that the actual designer KK glasses are selling like hot cakes.

But then mini skirts and orange shag rugs came back into fashion, so there is a cycle for everything!
I see a different slant on this glasses bit. Many more people have been wearing rimless glasses for at least ten years now, including myself. They are so much lighter in weight than the rimmed glasses and look so much better. So very comfortable, as well. Much more expensive, but well worth it for the comfort mainly.

If you recall, there was also the press writing that an American Idol was hawking these rimless glasses as he would wear a different style rimless each performance.

My opthalmologist told me that there is now a way that people who need thick glasses can be made rimless. They can make the plastic lens much less thicker.

Most people walk in and out of your life, but FRIENDS leave footprints in your heart.

"Being kind is more important than being right." By Andy Rooney
Old 10-10-2009, 08:26 AM
Sage

When I went to pick out my new glasses, the majority of them were rimless including the mens! hubs got a new pair of rimless also. In fact, I couldnt find anything else on the racks but rimless. I like them because it looks a little less like your wearing glasses. They are very lightweight without the rims.

Hmmm! Do they make me look old? I sure hope not, if they do, Im running right out to buy some rims!

Bare, I will NEVER NEVERbuy another orange shag rug in this lifetime. the mere thought of it makes me

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.

Last edited by nONIE; 10-10-2009 at 08:30 AM.
Old 10-10-2009, 08:51 AM
Sage
Thumbs up Loved them!

I loved my rimless glasses, called Silhouttes. I'm kind of amused that Sarah Palin is getting credit for these as they have been around for quite a while. I wore them before my Lasik surgery 3 years ago and it really felt and almost looked as if you were not wearing glasses at all.

I haven't read all the posts, but I had very very bad vision and they can make the lenses extremely thin on the Silhouttes, not coke bottle at all! I would highly recommend them to anyone that doesn't want to have the surgery.

Old 10-10-2009, 01:17 PM
Veteran member

Sorry I didn't mean to offend anyone....I am sure you all look beautiful in your glasses Maybe it's just because I don't care for Sarah Palin! Opps...now I have offended the Republicans...guess I had better keep my opinions to myself
Old 10-10-2009, 08:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelsea24 View Post
I loved my rimless glasses, called Silhouttes. I'm kind of amused that Sarah Palin is getting credit for these as they have been around for quite a while. I wore them before my Lasik surgery 3 years ago and it really felt and almost looked as if you were not wearing glasses at all.

I haven't read all the posts, but I had very very bad vision and they can make the lenses extremely thin on the Silhouttes, not coke bottle at all! I would highly recommend them to anyone that doesn't want to have the surgery.
I guess our optical stores here in Canada are sadly out of date. I went to Lenscrafter today, which has hundred of frames. They had only one rimless pair of glasses in the whole store, huge, ugly things.

I'm gonna wait until I come south to buy my glasses. Eyeglasses are at least 50% more expensive here in Canada. Well, everything is .. except our medical!

And I better shut up about socialized medicine and Palin glasses or Tony will put this in political. And that is a scary place.
Old 10-11-2009, 03:04 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Actually, maybe Tina Fey made them popular! (he he he)
Old 10-11-2009, 06:10 PM
Sage

Have you seen the pictures of Heidi Klum on www.people.com?

She is pregnant with her fourth baby. No-one has the right to look that good!
Old 10-11-2009, 11:22 PM
Sage
Red face Huh???

Wow! Where is she carrying it... in her shoulder bag??? Am I the only one that resembled an elephant retaining water????
Old 10-12-2009, 08:40 AM
Golden Sunrise Member

I love Heidi Klum - or at least the version depicted in the media. She has a career, a loving husband, a blended family and she seems so kind and open minded. She comes across like this in every interview...

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.