Girl Talk

Closed Thread
Old 10-15-2009, 05:57 PM
Julie

Quote:
Originally Posted by katezbox View Post
Julie,

While you are still in Pleasanton, see if you can get a job doing anything for that big software company there. You know the one I mean - it now has a different name because it was acquired by a bigger software company on the other side of SF.

When you are ready to move to TV, then start looking for jfor a transfer to a position that let you work from home. You could even go to their Orlando office (or Tampa office) occasionally.

Cryptic Kate
Dear Cryptic Kate,

As luck would have it we will be leaving P-town November 23rd. So instead of looking for a job, I am packing. The funny thing is that the first (actually 2nd, but first to make it to escrow) person with intentions of buying our house works for the smaller software company that was swallowed up by the biggest software company in the world. He said they still have a small portion of the building that carries the old name.

Quote:
Julie, you are obviously younger (like our Kate) and eager to work at something that you find fulfilling. Good for you. We'll look forward to hearing updates!
Bare, When I was in college I was ALWAYS the oldest person in my classes. Thankfully, the kids were nice to me (I tell my son if there are ever any old people in his classes to be welcoming to them because it can be akward). My ticket into the "Land of OZ," as JeanneBeannie calls it, is my dear husband. Yes, I married an old fart, lucky me. I am a little on the younger side when it comes to TV and I'm really looking forward to being on this side for at least a few years.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:32 PM
Sage
Default Looking for someone with a sewing machine!

I recently bought a bathing suit with a plunging V. I really think the V is a little too plunging for my taste! If someone has a sewing machine I would gladly pay to have and inch or two zipped up in the front, or I could do it myself. It is a very small quick job. I could do the old fashioned thing and use a safety pin but what if it popped open? Ouchh!!!

Thankyou in advance.

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 10-16-2009, 10:04 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to barb1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by nONIE View Post
I recently bought a bathing suit with a plunging V. I really think the V is a little too plunging for my taste! If someone has a sewing machine I would gladly pay to have and inch or two zipped up in the front, or I could do it myself. It is a very small quick job. I could do the old fashioned thing and use a safety pin but what if it popped open? Ouchh!!!

Thankyou in advance.
Nonie....How about cutting very tiny slits on either side of the area you want to close and take a ribbon or shoe lace and lace it up fairly tight so that the two sides close, and take the excess shoelace or ribbon at the top and tie a bow with a double knot so as it doesn't untie when you swim. Like you would lace a sneaker from the bottom to the top I think it would look pretty. If the material is silky slippery you could put a velcro facing inside the fabric to reinforce the lace holes and also keep the material in tact better.

barb

Most people walk in and out of your life, but FRIENDS leave footprints in your heart.

"Being kind is more important than being right." By Andy Rooney

Last edited by barb1191; 10-16-2009 at 10:08 PM.
Old 10-17-2009, 11:47 AM
Sage

Quote:
Thankyou in advance.
Nonie, I have the name of a seamstress in the Village of Tall Trees. If you don't use Barb's solution, which sounds cute.

Or you could just let it all hang out. The plunging neckline will take the attention away from other body parts that may not be quite as delectable! Just kidding ... I get to say things like that because Nonie and I are BFFs.
Old 10-17-2009, 12:26 PM
Sage

Barb.

Thanks for the great idea? I know it seems like a child could do this but you have no idea how uncrafty I am! Mabe I could find someone to do this for meI really love the idea, it would sure doll up an otherwise very plain bathingsuit.

Bare, Watch it kiddo! LOL What makes you think I have any undesirable parts????

just kiddin ya! You can say anything to me g/f!

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 10-23-2009, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynne Bigelow View Post
I realize this is totally off the subject you were discussing, but I'm new to TOTV and wanted to ask if anyone knows of a salon/spa, etc. that does "permanent" makeup?? My eyebrows are so light blonde that I have to use eyebrow pencil all the time. Does anyone have any recommendations; idea of cost, etc.?
Lynne, I have the eyebrow problem too... not blonde... but not many eyebrow hairs left! I think I plucked too many as a teenager! I dread the horror of being without my eyebrow pencil!!

Another subject...
Anyone know anything about the berry from the Amazon Rainforest called Acai and capsules of this you can take? Evidently Rachel Ray had a doctor on bragging that it gives you energy and lowers the appetite... helping in weight loss.
Anybody?
Old 10-25-2009, 10:19 PM
Sage
Arrow Woooo Hoooo!

Quote:
Barb.

Thanks for the great idea? I know it seems like a child could do this but you have no idea how uncrafty I am! Mabe I could find someone to do this for meI really love the idea, it would sure doll up an otherwise very plain bathingsuit.

Bare, Watch it kiddo! LOL What makes you think I have any undesirable parts????

just kiddin ya! You can say anything to me g/f!
Nonie Macaroni! Let it all hang out!!!! psssstt..... don't tell Engineer Guy I said that! Hahahha! Great idea with the ribbon though!
Old 10-26-2009, 10:54 AM
Gold member

Oh Nonie.....take the plunge!!!!!!!
Old 10-26-2009, 10:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggdawg View Post

Another subject...
Anyone know anything about the berry from the Amazon Rainforest called Acai and capsules of this you can take? Evidently Rachel Ray had a doctor on bragging that it gives you energy and lowers the appetite... helping in weight loss. Anybody?
Tons of information on the net about the new fad "Acai". Sadly, there is no magic potion. If there were, I'd be taking it, and I'd be a size 4!
Old 10-28-2009, 10:33 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,204 Times in 740 Posts

The first time I heard about knit denim jeans, I thought, "Well, that sounds just plain ugggg-leeeee. Knit denim????"

But a couple of weeks ago, I allowed my favorite salesperson at Coldwater Creek to foist a pair of these weird sounding jeans upon me, even though I was quite sure they would look like flannel pajamas or sweatpants and nothing like jeans.

Well, guess what. I think they look exactly like jeans. But that's not the best part. The best part is that they feel soft and wonderful and move with you from the very first day. You don't have to go through about a dozen washings to get that effect.

The pair I have is boot-cut. Mostly cotton with just enough spandex. I wore these things all day today, and my behind is not saggy. Even after all these hours. Still not saggy. (Well, actually, it is the jeans' behind that is not saggy.) And as far as I'm concerned, that's the real test of a pair of jeans. Just enough spandex but not so much that they get saggy in the behind.

I don't know if you wear jeans in Florida very often. But if you do or if you are not in Florida, you might want to check out some knit denim jeans from Coldwater Creek. You might like them, too.

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 10-29-2009 at 12:38 AM.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:30 AM
Veteran member

Hiya Gals....long time no chat....missed our Girl Talk.

Thanks Boomer for the tip, I will definitely check them out. I am always looking for comfy clothes to wear. I cant bear to wear those tight fittin jeans anymore.

Nonie...I agree with the gals "let it all hang out" (sorry Bernie lol).

Jeanne

P.S. Happy 8th Birthday to my Murphy and Bubba!!
Gee...I wonder who will get spoiled rotten today lol?
Old 11-01-2009, 07:37 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynne Bigelow View Post
I realize this is totally off the subject you were discussing, but I'm new to TOTV and wanted to ask if anyone knows of a salon/spa, etc. that does "permanent" makeup?? My eyebrows are so light blonde that I have to use eyebrow pencil all the time. Does anyone have any recommendations; idea of cost, etc.?
I am very interested in hearing more from peeps who have used permanent makeup. I see ads all the time in the Daily Sun. It appeals to my lazy side. Any recommendations? But is it like getting your eye lids or brows tattoed? Ouch, that sounds painful. Also I'd hate to risk an eye infection.

I've been back in the Bubble now for ten days and the time is flying by. I seem to rush from dog park to pool to mahjongg to dinner or a movie, always rushing around to have more fun and see more people. I want to take golf lessons. Sometimes I just really want to stay home and relax. But I hate to waste any of my 182 days here in TV! I guess this is a nice problem to have.

I finally saw the movie Julia and Julie last night and even Fireboy enjoyed it. Makes me really feel that perhaps I should hook up my stove. No, on second thought, it is way too hot!
Old 11-01-2009, 08:51 AM
Default permanent makeup

[
Quote:
QUOTE=Barefoot;231631]I am very interested in hearing more from peeps who have used permanent makeup. I see ads all the time in the Daily Sun. It appeals to my lazy side. Any recommendations? But is it like getting your eye lids or brows tattoed? Ouch, that sounds painful. Also I'd hate to risk an eye infection.
Barefoot,

Permanent make up is available at The Village Salon & Spa on 441/27. It is my understanding that only trained/certified and state licensed Esty are allowed to perform this service. I know she does brows, eyeliner, and lips. Ask for a consultation, meet other ladies in the salon who use this service, and go for it! btw...IMHO, a flu shot hurts more than this will!

NE IN, Indy, Tampa ~ Heavenly Hadley '08
Old 11-01-2009, 12:04 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to barb1191
Default Didn't work for me....

I had my eyelids done at a spa and there were no injections, merely brushing on something that was supposed to permanently darken and lengthen the lashes and lids. My concern was the ingredients used and they confirmed it to be a harmless vegetable oil base.

Well, it didn't take for me and it was so long ago, I gather they've improved the procedure by now and have lost interest in the costly shortcut. Don't even recall how much it cost way back then, but I surely didn't get my money's worth nor were they offering any refund.

As I recall, the place was a Merle Norman-type cosmetic spa.

barb

Most people walk in and out of your life, but FRIENDS leave footprints in your heart.

"Being kind is more important than being right." By Andy Rooney
Old 11-01-2009, 04:11 PM
Gold member
Location: Chicago, Des Moines, St Louis, Fort Wayne -TV Wannabe
Default Permanant makeup

I have not used it but I have read...can't remember where... so maybe a medical journal...or could have been Ladies Home Journal that it is not a good idea. The reason they sited is that as we age things begin to move...so the look changes and eyebrows etc may end up not looking so great due to sagging. Well like I said not sure of my source. Just another thought on the topic. Will be interested to hear others responses.

Susie
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.