Grandaughter Wedding Shower

Closed Thread
Old 02-05-2018, 06:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts
Default Grandaughter Wedding Shower

Need some input please:

My Granddaughter is having a Wedding Shower and I will not be able to be there in person. I am totally out of the loop these days and I would like some input from other ladies about what is appropriate for a shower gift. It will be a gift card or check. She will be getting a very healthy wedding check, but I have no idea about showers!

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 02-05-2018, 07:51 AM
fw102807

I think it depends a lot on the area of the country. You might want answers from people from that area.
Old 02-05-2018, 08:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Since you will be sending her a check for a wedding present, why not consider sending a present for the shower? Wedding showers are all about getting together and opening presents, and the guests get to enjoy the process. Is she registered anywhere? You could get online and order something she wants and have it sent. Just my humble opinion.

On the other hand, if the couple is going the route of asking for contributions toward something (honeymoon, house, etc.), I would think $100 for a granddaughter would suffice, since you are sending a check for the wedding later.
Old 02-05-2018, 08:26 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
I think it depends a lot on the area of the country. You might want answers from people from that area.
She lives in a very high income area!!!! Ouch.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 02-05-2018, 08:28 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Since you will be sending her a check for a wedding present, why not consider sending a present for the shower? Wedding showers are all about getting together and opening presents, and the guests get to enjoy the process. Is she registered anywhere? You could get online and order something she wants and have it sent. Just my humble opinion.

On the other hand, if the couple is going the route of asking for contributions toward something (honeymoon, house, etc.), I would think $100 for a granddaughter would suffice, since you are sending a check for the wedding later.
Thanks CF. I was thinking along those lines and wondered whether to do a gift or check. I'll check with the Mother.

Old 02-05-2018, 08:33 AM

Another alternative to a gift card or check would be to have the mother-of-the-bride purchase something off the bride's registry and take it to the shower on your behalf. Or you could purchase something at Bed, Bath and Beyond and they will mail it directly for you. No matter what you decide, it is the thought that counts.
Old 02-05-2018, 09:30 AM
Sage

Just found out she is registered on Amazon - what a great idea. Thanks to all who gave me there 2 cents!

Closed Thread

Tags
wedding, shower, gift, check, input

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.