Hairstroke Brows

Closed Thread
Old 06-07-2015, 11:58 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnevie View Post
why as woman, do we think this is a lot to spend on ourselves when it seems men have no problem spending the same on a golf club?
Bonnevie, ain't it the truth? I used to be the woman that thought that way until I realized my husband (ex, now) was buying Corvettes and boats and toys for himself while I was spending my bonuses on upgrades to our house - landscaping, hardwood floors, etc.

Now I am very upfront about it -- I spend my fun money on skin care and my face. It is worth every penny. Or dollar, if necessary.

Wanda
Village of Collier

Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before. ~Mae West

Last edited by Wandatime; 06-07-2015 at 11:59 AM. Reason: left out a word
Old 06-07-2015, 12:24 PM
Platinum member

ditto for me....while I was scrimping and saving my ex refused to buy stuff off the sale rack..said it was "the stuff nobody wanted".
Old 09-11-2015, 02:13 PM
deestatham

I just moved here last week and am interested in getting my eyebrows done like you did. Are you still happy with them? And where did you have them done? I think you said the person's name was Kim? My eyebrows are going gray like my hair. Sure hope it won't be too much!
Old 09-11-2015, 03:16 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deestatham View Post
I just moved here last week and am interested in getting my eyebrows done like you did. Are you still happy with them? And where did you have them done? I think you said the person's name was Kim? My eyebrows are going gray like my hair. Sure hope it won't be too much!
I got mine done by Kim Forsberg, and here is the link to her website:

Semi-Permanent Cosmetic Tattoos | This Makeup Girl | Florida | New York City

She works out of a dentist's office across the parking lot from The Villages hospital.

I am extremely pleased with the result. She spends quite a bit of time working with you on the shape and design. Once you are both happy, she puts a numbing cream on your eyebrows and you relax for about thirty minutes. Then she starts to do the tattoo. It feels like she is scratching your eyebrows with a tiny comb. The tattoo part takes about thirty minutes. Then she puts Vaseline on your eyebrows, which you have to keep reapplying for three days. On the third day you go back for a touch up.

She did such a good job my husband did not notice I'd had it done -- he thought my brows were the result of my usual fifteen minutes with the brow gel, pencil, filler, etc. She told me that usually ladies come back for a touch up every year, but that I would probably need to come more often because I use exfoliating products and have peels on a regular basis.

There are other eyebrow artists in The Villages, and some are better than others. I highly recommend you do your homework. One person's aesthetic is another person's RuPaul's Drag Race.

May the force be with you.

Wanda
Village of Collier

Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before. ~Mae West

Old 11-20-2015, 11:00 PM
Gold member

I think I've read every thread there is on either permanent eyebrows and permanent makeup. I'm going to be in TV for not quite two weeks in December and I am really thinking about having my eyebrows done when I'm there.

Right now, I'm leaning towards Kim or Sheri. Per Kim's website, I emailed her asking about my time constraints. I got a form email back telling me to drop in for a consultation.

Right now I have two quesions-
1) I've read so many posts I'm confused. Is Sheri (maybe spelled wrong) at Cal's in Brownwood now? I think I saw that somewhere.
2) Do they remove your old brows? I'm curious as part of my brows are really bushy and other parts are really bald, grey and sketchy! I haven't seen this question addressed anywhere.

Thanks in advance!
Old 11-21-2015, 04:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sable99 View Post
I think I've read every thread there is on either permanent eyebrows and permanent makeup. I'm going to be in TV for not quite two weeks in December and I am really thinking about having my eyebrows done when I'm there.

Right now, I'm leaning towards Kim or Sheri. Per Kim's website, I emailed her asking about my time constraints. I got a form email back telling me to drop in for a consultation.

Right now I have two quesions-
1) I've read so many posts I'm confused. Is Sheri (maybe spelled wrong) at Cal's in Brownwood now? I think I saw that somewhere.
2) Do they remove your old brows? I'm curious as part of my brows are really bushy and other parts are really bald, grey and sketchy! I haven't seen this question addressed anywhere.
Another one to consider. Most technicians offer free consultations.

Cindy Fonda on Wedgewood Drive just north of CR 466.
Permanent Makeup In The Villages Florida

Please let us know what you decide.
Old 11-21-2015, 06:06 PM
Sage

I had mine done by Sharie....and they faded rather quickly with one brown almost non-existant. I didn't go back to tell her about it as I wasn't satisfied with how they turned out. Then this past summer (a year later) I went to Cindy, whose mentioned here. So far, so good nearly 6 mo. later. She was pricier than what I spent before...and that with a "special". I was told over time these will fade and will need touching up....so time will tell.
Old 11-21-2015, 09:02 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Another one to consider. Most technicians offer free consultations.

Cindy Fonda on Wedgewood Drive just north of CR 466.
Permanent Makeup In The Villages Florida

Please let us know what you decide.
Thanks for the name. Since were snowed in, I've been looking at the videos on Cindy's website. One of the videos said no swimming for 5 days. The TV home we are renting in December has a pool and were only going to be there 10 days! What a bummer!
Old 11-21-2015, 11:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
Thanks for the name. Since were snowed in, I've been looking at the videos on Cindy's website. One of the videos said no swimming for 5 days. The TV home we are renting in December has a pool and were only going to be there 10 days! What a bummer!
With any treatment, the technician should probably advise you no swimming.
Can't you swim without immersing your head?
Old 11-22-2015, 07:37 PM
Gold member
Default I missed this thread the first time around

Wanda, your brows look great! You certainly made the right choice!

Shari did my brows and eyeliner about 6 months ago. Now mind you, I have had tattooed brows and eyeliner for 10-12 yrs now. I just needed a touch up, because, Ladies, they FADE!

I had clipped a $50 off coupon from the "Daily Sun" and she still charged me over $500 for brows, upper and lower liner. She would not charge a "touch up fee" because SHE did not do the original work. I was ticked off, but had heard good things about her and hadn't read of any other options. I was not thrilled with her work. It is OK. But not great.

She also requires any "touch ups" to be done within 30 days for a $25.00 fee. If it is after 30 days, the "touch up" fee goes up to $125.00. 30 days is too early, some fading and unevenness does not show up for a couple of months. I thought that was outrageous. She KNOWS fading will occur within the first 6 months.

Her people skills aren't great either. I wish I had gone to Kim. I was in and out of Shari's chair in less than 30 minutes from start to finish. No artistic discussion at all and I was charged an outrageous fee, in my opinion.
Old 11-22-2015, 08:52 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti105 View Post
Wanda, your brows look great! You certainly made the right choice!

Shari did my brows and eyeliner about 6 months ago. Now mind you, I have had tattooed brows and eyeliner for 10-12 yrs now. I just needed a touch up, because, Ladies, they FADE!

I had clipped a $50 off coupon from the "Daily Sun" and she still charged me over $500 for brows, upper and lower liner. She would not charge a "touch up fee" because SHE did not do the original work. I was ticked off, but had heard good things about her and hadn't read of any other options. I was not thrilled with her work. It is OK. But not great.

She also requires any "touch ups" to be done within 30 days for a $25.00 fee. If it is after 30 days, the "touch up" fee goes up to $125.00. 30 days is too early, some fading and unevenness does not show up for a couple of months. I thought that was outrageous. She KNOWS fading will occur within the first 6 months.

Her people skills aren't great either. I wish I had gone to Kim. I was in and out of Shari's chair in less than 30 minutes from start to finish. No artistic discussion at all and I was charged an outrageous fee, in my opinion.
I've decided when I'm in TV in December I am going to talk to Kim and Cindy. I've pretty much ruled Shari out.

I've watched several videos on Cindy's website. One video mentioned that you have to dye the white brow hairs that come in and she still used eyebrow makeup on top of the tattoo. I'm pretty sure Cindy didn't do the woman in this video but is this true?

Also, I'm still curious if they remove any of your natural brow? My inner brow is full and bushy (some are long and wild) but from the middle on they are really sketchy! Especially on the brow where I had stitches from a childhood fall.

I'm also not goinig to be in TV for a checkup in 30 days! Wait a minute, that might be a good excuse to go back to TV!

Decisions, decisions!

Last edited by Sable99; 11-22-2015 at 09:02 PM.
Old 11-22-2015, 09:01 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
With any treatment, the technician should probably advise you no swimming.
Can't you swim without immersing your head?
I probably could not immerse my head but, I'm a little clutzy! I'm going to call Cindy and Kim to see if I can get a consultation when I'm in TV! I don't know anyone who does permanent makeup in this area.

I can't wait to go to TV. We have atleast 8 inches of that white stuff on the ground! And, I fell twice yesterday getting my 94 year old neighbors mail for her! I said I was clutzy but I didn't see the ice under the snow! I guess in a way I'm lucky I have a well padded butt!
Old 11-23-2015, 09:10 AM

Quote:
I probably could not immerse my head but, I'm a little clutzy! I'm going to call Cindy and Kim to see if I can get a consultation when I'm in TV! I don't know anyone who does permanent makeup in this area.

I can't wait to go to TV. We have atleast 8 inches of that white stuff on the ground! And, I fell twice yesterday getting my 94 year old neighbors mail for her! I said I was clutzy but I didn't see the ice under the snow! I guess in a way I'm lucky I have a well padded butt!
Sable99, Cindy seems to be very busy so you should make your appointment ASAP. I had a consultation with her on Nov 12 and couldn't get an appointment to have it done until Dec 15.
Old 11-23-2015, 12:35 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie_marie View Post
Sable99, Cindy seems to be very busy so you should make your appointment ASAP. I had a consultation with her on Nov 12 and couldn't get an appointment to have it done until Dec 15.
Yikes, I will call her and Kim today. Thanks for letting me know. Sounds like it might not work out for me on this trip!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.