Heels to Die For

Closed Thread
Old 03-13-2008, 09:26 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch
Default Re: Heels to Die For

Boy, am I glad I don't have many feet problems. Maybe it's cause my choices were nearly always bare feet or heels?

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 03-14-2008, 12:29 AM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch
I know we all have a favorite pair of **** me shoes.
Shoes??? I was focusing above the waist. Duh!!

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 03-14-2008, 01:04 AM
Sage

I have a brand new pair of size 7 birks, really cute, denim colour, that I can't wear. Anyone interested?
Old 03-14-2008, 03:52 AM
Sage

I would be if I didn't need a size 41. Will they stretch a few inches?????? 8)
Old 03-14-2008, 04:22 AM

I agree Sam, whatever feels good, wear it. Whatever feels good, just do it. DID I SAY THAT?
Old 03-15-2008, 02:02 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,204 Times in 740 Posts

It has been a long time since I have looked at this thread. I did not know that we were talking about our poor feet. There is some really good advice here.

I have what may really be a dumb question. -- Are there golf shoes that have no backs?

I have not played golf for quite awhile, and I plan to start again - awful though I am. I have resurrected the golf clubs from the basement, but I have not looked for golf shoes.

When I played a long time ago, I did not have Achilles tendonitis. Now I do and it has been more than two years since I have worn shoes with backs. Thank goodness for New Balance 801's, Clarks, slides, and even a clog or two.

I do the stretches and the Achilles tendonitis does not hurt anymore, but I will never get back the correct angle or whatever it is supposed to be. The podiatrist described the condition with a word that had 'equine' as its root, and I thought he meant that I walk like a horse. He didn't mean that. - well, not exactly.

Anyway, he told me not to wear shoes with backs - ever - if I can help it. So other than boots, I am doing OK. I do tend to stockpile backless shoes though. I am afraid they will go out of style and I won't be able to find them anywhere.

I think I have things pretty well covered for all occasions except for the golf course. Does anybody know if the golf shoes of my dreams exist?

Boomer

Old 03-16-2008, 01:12 PM
Sage

Boomer,

Not sure specifically about backless shoes....but, I wear golf sandals (wide feet and bunions, so needed 'adjustable' shoes). They are very open .... a velcro strap at the base of the toes and another over the ankle, with a fixed strap behind the achilles. They are very comfy. Got 'em at one of the golf tent sales for $30. Might be worth a look.
Old 03-17-2008, 01:03 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,204 Times in 740 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villages07
Boomer,

Not sure specifically about backless shoes....but, I wear golf sandals (wide feet and bunions, so needed 'adjustable' shoes). They are very open .... a velcro strap at the base of the toes and another over the ankle, with a fixed strap behind the achilles. They are very comfy. Got 'em at one of the golf tent sales for $30. Might be worth a look.
Thank you. When our feet hurt, we hurt all over.

I am not sure if a strap over the Achilles would work. It might. The podiatrist's theory was that shoe backs put the Achilles under constant assault. I saw the x-ray. There is some kind of pokey looking thing and the bone has made a little shelf. I guess this is what irritates and inflames the tendon and then the shoe backs keep pounding it. By not wearing shoes with backs and doing stretches, I have kept it under control for a long time.

I really have to wonder if shoes with no backs would allow enough stability to swing.

Not that I can swing worth a darn anyway.

My dad always tells me, "Drive for show. Putt for dough."

Maybe I need to just concentrate on putting and give up on the dream of the truly glorious drive. I never could do it anyway. I think maybe just once or twice.

I live near a golf course that gives lessons. It has been a long, long time. I am going to sign up for lessons again. I hope they have a remedial class. For the lessons, I can wear my backless New Balance 801's that I put my orthotics inside and see how they work. If they do, surely somebody has made a backless golf shoe. But If not, I will try the strap. It might just work because a strap is not going to go bump bump all the time against the Achilles.
Old 03-23-2011, 07:37 AM

Nonie-
Did your bone spur go away? I have suffered with PF for 2.4 years now and just found out I have developed a bone spur. If you have any suggestions, I would love to hear it. My stepson is getting married Saturday! Help!!!
Old 03-23-2011, 01:13 PM

Oh how I wish I could wear those cute strappy sandals but its Birkis for me also.

6-7 years ago developed bone spur rt. foot and one developing on the left. Xray showed spur on underside of heel at faschia insertion site....caused from foot flattening down the arch and stretching the faschia.....my podiatrist said I could have cortisone shots but that would probably be temporary and painful or eventually surgery but first try a pair of birkenstocks and see if it helps as she herself had a spur and it helped her......it worked, took a few months and I don't know if the spurs are still there or not but have had no pain since.

Downside, burkis or walking shoes with high arch support are all I can wear now.

My first Birkis looked like the hippy shoes of the '70's ....but at least they are making them with a little more style now and more colors available.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:33 AM
Gold member
Default Try these

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
I know we all have a favorite pair of **** me shoes. Describe yours.

Mine are a black, 4" heel. They have a strap that goes around the heel to the outside of the foot, another strap over the toes and a thinner strap cross the top of the foot. I feel so feminine when I wear these shoes. My nice, long stride becomes shorter, the hips sway, the smile gets softer. I LOVE those shoes.
The ladies may want to try these shoes-- they look fun:

Last edited by LI SNOWBIRD; 04-02-2011 at 05:00 PM.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:29 AM

I remember when I was younger, a professional and had to look the part, I had high-heels that matched every outfit. I would not leave the house unless I was dressed and heeled. So much effort was put into this charade.

Fast forward 15 years, my feet started to hurt, I hurt, the heels began to go lower and lower. Visits to the podiatrist, severe PF, injections, foot surgery and finally, sadly and reluctantly I gave away my heels. Dang I loved how I looked in these heels, I felt tall, slender and sexy. Of course I'm a bit delusional, but hey it's all about how I feel as a woman.

I hated the way berks looked, but I discovered Miphisto sandals, they are cute, have some bling and my feet feel wonderful. I walk the golf courses here in California with orthotics that have a serious pad, as we get older our feet pads grow thinner. I also love cute golf shoes with bling too. Adidas makes some cute shoes that offer support to my fragile feet.

My kid makes fun of my shoes, but I'm pain free and in my mind I'm still that hot babe.
Old 03-24-2011, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhooman View Post
I remember when I was younger, a professional and had to look the part, I had high-heels that matched every outfit. I would not leave the house unless I was dressed and heeled. So much effort was put into this charade.
ME TOO! I still have my CFMP's though. I cannot bear to part with them. Every color under the sun but since work went 100% casual and I wear jeans every day, I have stopped wearing them.

My favorite, favorite pair is a pair of high heeled fire engine red boots. I love those things even if my feet don't.
Old 03-24-2011, 12:41 PM
Veteran member

CFMP's....LOL haven't heard that one in awhile!!!!
Old 03-24-2011, 01:31 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

I still lust for a pair of Christian Louboutins.... Mais oui!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.