Heels to Die For

Closed Thread
Old 04-03-2011, 07:49 PM
Platinum member

I know I'll say "of course" when I see it but what are CFMPs?
Old 04-03-2011, 07:51 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo View Post
I know I'll say "of course" when I see it but what are CFMPs?
Come F*** Me Pumps!
Old 04-03-2011, 08:51 PM
Sage

How did I miss this thread? Red, you are a bbbaadddd girl!

I hope I'm allowed to say this. I call mine my hooker shoes. My favorite have the ribbon that ties up and criss-crosses from the ankle to about mid-calf. They use to look so good on. Now they are cute in the closet.
Old 05-14-2011, 07:18 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhooman View Post
I remember when I was younger, a professional and had to look the part, I had high-heels that matched every outfit. I would not leave the house unless I was dressed and heeled. So much effort was put into this charade.

Fast forward 15 years, my feet started to hurt, I hurt, the heels began to go lower and lower. Visits to the podiatrist, severe PF, injections, foot surgery and finally, sadly and reluctantly I gave away my heels. Dang I loved how I looked in these heels, I felt tall, slender and sexy. Of course I'm a bit delusional, but hey it's all about how I feel as a woman.

I hated the way berks looked, but I discovered Miphisto sandals, they are cute, have some bling and my feet feel wonderful. I walk the golf courses here in California with orthotics that have a serious pad, as we get older our feet pads grow thinner. I also love cute golf shoes with bling too. Adidas makes some cute shoes that offer support to my fragile feet.

My kid makes fun of my shoes, but I'm pain free and in my mind I'm still that hot babe.
Never wore heels until my career took a new turn. Started wearing them at 50 and found them to be comfortable and lovely. Didn't take long tho until the plantar fascitis began in full force. I am now back to my "sensible shoes" as my previous boss called the flat functional shoes. Now hoping to recover my childlike feet that I had prior to the heel era of my life. OUCH
Old 05-14-2011, 01:08 PM
Gold member

Heels? OMG..HEELS???? LOL I have not worn heels for 25 years. Being 5'8" made heels sort of redundant anyway. Hated them my entire life. Who comes up with these things? I am grateful that I can get out of bed and kind of walk, most days. If you can wear them, more power to you, enjoy! !
Old 05-15-2011, 09:54 AM

Being a guy I could never understand how you women could wear such things until now. I guess you have to start out young, [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUldCr43T-s[/ame]
Old 05-16-2011, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katezbox View Post
Come F*** Me Pumps!
I can't stop laughing
Old 05-16-2011, 07:01 PM
Smile U-tube video

What a riot!!!! How did she keep from falling? So cute!!!
My foot problems didn't start until middle age--after years of heels and lots of dancing in them. It started with plantar fascitis and progressed to a ruptured tendon and a surgical tendon "transfer". Eight weeks off the foot and more weeks in the surgical "boot". Now I wear Danskos and Propet Lifewalkers. Just happy to be on my feet.
Old 11-17-2012, 03:04 PM
Sage

I am surprised that with all this going on no one has mentioned bunions which I always thought was the number one reason people ended up in Birkenstocks.
BTW: With all the above foot issues, are there any great foot doctors in TV? Always looking for great recommendations.
Old 11-17-2012, 03:20 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvertoken;35***0
Being a guy I could never understand how you women could wear such things until now. I guess you have to start out young, High heels are stylish and very funny ! - YouTube
We wore them because they worked-LOL.

Y'know that part of your brain that tells you "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" I think I'm missing it.
Old 11-18-2012, 02:32 AM
Location: The woods of the UP of Michigan and the Village of Pinellas

My PF was so bad I resorted to walking on my toes just so my heels wouldn't touch the ground. Got a very supportive walking shoe with good arch supports and never stepped on my feet without them for about 3 months. I have now graduated to "Orthaheels" shoes. They look pretty nice - they have shoes and sandals and now I can wear them 18 hours a day without provoking the PF. They have such supportive arches, I have now purchased the slippers which are fantastic. No more going barefoot - but I still want to look cute.....berkies look too old fashioned to me. Not ready for that. Try Orthaheels!

I'd rather regret what I've done, than regret what I've left undone. Lucille Ball
Old 08-11-2013, 03:17 AM
Gold member

I am surprised that no one has mentioned Danskos.
They are the shoe of choice for RNs. They make a clog that you will see on almost any nurse you pass in a hospital. We are on our feet 12 hrs a day, often and shoes are more than a fashion statement.
Danskos are from Sweden (as I recall) An American couple found them, loved them and bought the company. They are not cheap. But they are fantastic.
Now, they have a stiff sole, high arch and not for those with plantar faschitis. But if you need arch support and a ergonomic shoe they are great!!!!
The have a 2 inch heel, being a clog. But they also make lots of cuter shoes. I have great 3" heel boots that I wear here all winter. I get tons of compliments on them, and seriously I can wear them all day...so comfortable.
Also.....BORN shoes. from Germany I believe. Also not cheap, but I can wear their 3" sandals from the time I wake up until I climb into bed. They are very well designed for comfort and that is what you are paying for. Worth every penny in my book.
I am on my feet far too often to be uncomfortable or to damage my feet. I will pay the $$ for shoes that will be ergonomically good for me. I figure I will save money and agony too in the long run;.
The Born sandals are pretty sexy too, I must say. I would never spend the money on the designer shoes but I will gladly plunk down big buck for shoes that will be nothing but a pleasure to wear!
Old 08-21-2013, 11:36 AM

I love high heels when I am going out but otherwise it is Fit Flops for me.
My favourite pair of high heels is a clear plastic made by Stuart Weintzman.
I have had them for probably twenty years. Sometimes I just take my
'Cinderella' shoes out and look at them because they are so pretty....
Wonderful memories associated with those shoes...

WS
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.