Ideas for decorating a "den" - sofa suggestions

Closed Thread
Old 04-07-2017, 05:23 PM
Gold member
Default Ideas for decorating a "den" - sofa suggestions

I am trying to figure out how to decorate what is really a 3rd small bedroom, making it into a den. I would like a mini type one cushion sofa as I do not want to overpower the room with big furniture. Loveseats can be chunky so not sold on that idea but won't rule it out. Anyone out there have suggestions? Went to CF in Lake Sumter Landing but their pieces were just too clunky. Thanks!
Old 04-07-2017, 06:01 PM
Default Futon?

Take a look at a futon. Up it is a couch, down a day bed size. Most are lighter and thinner than recliner types, plenty of love seat sizes. Check amazon with the word futon to get an idea of what you are looking for.
Old 04-12-2017, 06:49 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetakai View Post
Take a look at a futon. Up it is a couch, down a day bed size. Most are lighter and thinner than recliner types, plenty of love seat sizes. Check amazon with the word futon to get an idea of what you are looking for.

Jetakai has a good suggestion. A futon could be just what you need.

And if you get tired of the cover, there is a website called slipcovershop.com where you can find a different one for not a lot of money. We have had ours for a long time and it has 3 different covers.

It is a really solid piece of furniture that came from a store up north that sold only futons and covers, but that store is no longer in business. Our futon lives its life mostly as a couch in the den, but it can turn into a relatively comfortable bed for extra guests.

I do not know where you can see futons now, maybe IKEA.
Old 04-12-2017, 07:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Go to Babbettes in Leesburg and tell them your challenge. They have wonderful recliners that don't look like recliners and they have an overall good presentation of furniture at reasonable prices. They also have some on staff good decorating advice.

Our third bedroom is our TV viewing room. Big screen on the wall and couch that makes into a bed. We really enjoy it.

Tags
suggestions, den, sofa, furniture, idea

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.