Lets turn this question around.

Closed Thread
Old 02-18-2008, 10:37 PM
Gold member
Default Re: Lets turn this question around.

All I can say is with what everybody has said. When I turned 50 I was able for the first time not to feel guilty if I put myself first, felt more freedom to do and say what I wanted (so long as I did not hurt anyone), etc.

Now I am retired from my previous profession and truly enjoy the freedom and flexibility of my new career (started about 16 years ago) as a Travel Agent and the wonderful people I am meeting and helping to make their dreams come true.

I personally feel life is as beautiful and wonderful as you make it, unless there are some serious issues that you have no control over. I was thinking of death of friends, relatives or serious illnesses - including my own.

I was in a horrific car accident in 2001 - the type you either live or die, fortunately I lived. From this accident I learned to appreciate very small things in my life and the world around me.

For those who travel, I was hospitalized in Cuenca, Ecuador for one month. I had excellent care in the hospital. Stayed there until I was well enough to travel and then entered a Trauma Center when I returned to the states for another month.

Another great topic. And to all my sisters in the Feminine Forum who have had surgery and who will be having - just know you are in my thoughts and prayers.

HB
Old 02-19-2008, 01:36 AM
Gold member
Default Re: Lets turn this question around.

Loved my 40's, kids were in college and I was free to begin the rest of my life.

50's were good,exciting and fulfilling.

Now I am settling into my 60's with great expectations for new learning experiences. Also, I am anticipating watching the grandkids blossom and grow without the awesome responsibility of parenthood.
Old 08-13-2013, 03:20 AM
Gold member

I love the sense of confidence and accomplishment I have at this stage of life. I also am anxious to escape with my husband to The Villages. Our work schedules include too much commuting on my part and we are ready to start over as newlyweds, alone together discovering a new way of life.

Our kids are all grown with 11 grandkids , so we will enjoy visiting them and them visiting us, but we are ready for some US time and we are so excited to begin it!!
Old 08-13-2013, 09:36 AM
Veteran member

I too love being my age. People who are younger can not understand it when I say that and it amuses me. Of course there are a few downsides to age, BUT I love that all the things I wanted to be when I grew up, that pressured me so much, aren’t there any more. I either am or I’m not, and I don’t worry about it any more. I don’t have to concern myself with career or raising kids or keeping up with anyone. All I have to think about is how to be the best ME I want to be today. I don’t finish books I don’t like; I don’t finish food I don’t like and waste (waist) the calories; I don’t sit through meetings trying to keep my mind focused in a social group of which I don’t really want to be part. I will wear a bathing suit or a sleeveless top knowing my body parts don’t look as good as a models. And that’s ok with me! I don’t feel I have to compete anymore. I’m ‘old’ in society’s eyes and I embrace it because it has freed me. I can feel fine with my flaws and not resent them the way I did when I was young. The bump in my nose and the jiggle in my arms are just me. None of this was possible 30 years ago.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:53 AM
Smile Today

At this age, I enjoy waking up-- thinking I will meet the final "love of my life"
Old 08-14-2013, 12:00 AM
Location: The woods of the UP of Michigan and the Village of Pinellas

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovsthosebigdogs View Post
I too love being my age. People who are younger can not understand it when I say that and it amuses me. Of course there are a few downsides to age, BUT I love that all the things I wanted to be when I grew up, that pressured me so much, aren’t there any more. I either am or I’m not, and I don’t worry about it any more. I don’t have to concern myself with career or raising kids or keeping up with anyone. All I have to think about is how to be the best ME I want to be today. I don’t finish books I don’t like; I don’t finish food I don’t like and waste (waist) the calories; I don’t sit through meetings trying to keep my mind focused in a social group of which I don’t really want to be part. I will wear a bathing suit or a sleeveless top knowing my body parts don’t look as good as a models. And that’s ok with me! I don’t feel I have to compete anymore. I’m ‘old’ in society’s eyes and I embrace it because it has freed me. I can feel fine with my flaws and not resent them the way I did when I was young. The bump in my nose and the jiggle in my arms are just me. None of this was possible 30 years ago.
Amen....she said it all !!!

I'd rather regret what I've done, than regret what I've left undone. Lucille Ball
Old 08-14-2013, 05:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovsthosebigdogs View Post
I may copy this and frame it.

Reading something like this is the reason I love to be around my age peers.
Old 08-18-2013, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avista View Post
Gals, what do you like most about being the age you are? Now isn't that much more positive! <smile>

I love this age. Every day is a weekend to do what I want.
Great !! With more age, comes More Wisdom !!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.