Lets turn this question around.

Closed Thread
Old 02-13-2008, 05:26 PM
Platinum member
Default Lets turn this question around.

Gals, what do you like most about being the age you are? Now isn't that much more positive! <smile>

I love this age. Every day is a weekend to do what I want.
Tampa, FL
Old 02-13-2008, 05:35 PM
Sage
Default Re: Lets turn this question around.

I love that I say what I mean and mean what I say. I'm way past needing someone else's approval. I, too, enjoy being able to go out and play everyday seven days a week!
Old 02-13-2008, 05:44 PM
Platinum member

Much better question! We love the peace and serenity of a life well lived with the hard work done. We work, but play whenever we want! The kids are grown, on their own, healthy and happy. My 3 yr. old granddaughter is a 1 hour drive from the Villages, its perfect. Miss family and friends in RI, but do not miss shoveling , cold grey windy snowy rainy drabness. Think I'll go pick a flower from the garden!! The sun is peeking out!
Old 02-13-2008, 05:48 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I'm more comfortable with who I am, more willing to speak up when I see a perceived injustice, more accepting of others. Basically, I like me now. I don't think I really did when I was younger and I certainly didn't appreciate some of my idiocyncrasies.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 02-13-2008, 05:53 PM
Sage

Good angle, Avista....

I enjoy being fully retired at a relatively young age and living here in my version of Paradise. I look forward to the beginning of each day and all that it has to offer here in TV.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:58 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna

I enjoy having a 22 year old daughter as a friend..I enjoy my two horses, I've wanted all my young life..

I enjoy having a house in TV, so I can go there and take in the sun, a rare commodity in the Pocono's..

I enjoy having my own business and also being a Paramedic..

I also enjoy and cherish the many true friends I have made at this stage of my life..

Friends that are made as you get older are friends that are here to stay..

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Old 02-14-2008, 12:51 AM
Sage

I'm with Samhass, I love not feeling the need for anyone's approval. (Not that I ever cared much anyway.) And Donna, I feel the same. I love my daughter being my best bud. I also love growing older with my husband. I adore him. I love our home in TV and all the wonderful people we're getting to know. And last, but not least, I love the feeling of wisdom and serenity that comes with age. It's absolute freedom.

The Villages Florida
Old 02-14-2008, 01:54 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Send a message via Yahoo to renielarson

I love that...
  • although I'm older I feel young at heart
  • although my body has changed I'm more comfortable in it
  • although my own children are grown I have grandsons to now watch grow
  • although I love my grandsons I don't have to raise them... ;D
  • although I'm older and wiser I still make mistakes which lets me know I'm still learning and my brain is still working :
  • although I spend too much time in TOTV I have met many wonderful people who I hope will become lasting friends
  • although I've made a list here I'll think of more after I post which tells me I'm still my ditsy self
Old 02-14-2008, 02:02 AM
Sage

If I cant say something nasty Im not saying anything at all!! LOL (Pssst) I dont like being this age! >

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 02-14-2008, 03:30 AM

I am very happy with where I am, in life. But I'm close to the end of my nursing career - but won't be retiring for a few years.......... I dream about the days when every day is like a weekend day!! I will be working when we move to TV, next year. Am I the only one who still works??? hoooo hummmmmmmm
Old 02-14-2008, 03:33 AM

Want to add - if you have to work - TV still seems like the most wonderful place to do it. And I won't be working ALL the time - there will still be plenty of time to party in the squares, and meet TOTV friends for lunch!!!

Old 02-14-2008, 05:54 AM
Sage

Good topic Avista :bigthumbsup:

I love never having to set an alarm clock, and being able to go to bed whenever I feel like it. I love the freedom and serenity that comes with growing older. I agree with Samhass and Chelsea - I finally feel free to do what I want without feeling guilty or needing anyone's approval.

I think the 50s and 60s are the very best age to be. Hope I get to feel the same about the 70s and 80s. ;D
Old 02-14-2008, 03:50 PM

One thing so great, is having our kids done with college, and doing well on their own. It's so nice to just think about the 2 of us (to spend our money, I mean)!

And, I know, someday soon.........I'll be retired, too, and enjoy weekend fun 7 days a week!
Old 02-16-2008, 12:18 AM

Barefoot, you are so right. 50's and 60's are wonderful, and as I am going to be 70 this year, I will let you know if the 70's are also wonderful. I have no doubt they will be. I love being this age. And I feel that same about many of the things you have all listed. Going to bed when I want to, no need to impress anyone, saying what I think, having strong opinions and not apologizing for them.
Johannesburg, London, Wiesbaden, Fairfield CA, Tokyo, Rock Hill SC, Myrtle Beach, Denver, Baltimore, Bangkok, Hongkong, Rutland VT, New York NY, Seneca SC, and next (and last stop as soon as we sell our house) The Villages.
Old 02-18-2008, 10:07 PM

Ladies--

Wanted to apologize for practically duplicating this thread with my "miss least" question--I found the original "miss most" question through a convoluted route and completely missed this one until today!!! I so look forward to nieghbors and friends who clearly appreciate the positives inherent to this stage of our lives. Cheers to all of you!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.