Looking for a 55+ female Roommate!!

Closed Thread
Old 08-13-2021, 09:01 AM
Default Looking for female Roommate/helper/caregiver!!

I'm looking for a female roommate/helper/caregiver for my grandma.
She lives in The Village of Virginia Trace. She needs someone to help with cooking, grocery shopping, getting the mail, etc.
We're not necessarily looking for somebody with a nursing background.
You would have your own room and bathroom. Utilities, internet, cable are included. You would just have to pay for your personal items.

Update: No longer needed!

Last edited by mi_flgirl; 10-04-2021 at 01:24 PM.
Old 08-14-2021, 05:57 AM
Veteran member

Typically you need to offer $$$$$ also
Old 08-14-2021, 06:25 AM
Veteran member

If light work is involved, people may expect free rent. If a lot of work, free room and payment. Also, as long as one person in the house is 55, the others should not need to be (as long as they are over 18). If driving is an issue, you may be able to have groceries delivered..
Old 08-14-2021, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi_flgirl View Post
I'm looking for a 55+ female roommate for my grandma.
She lives in The Village of Virginia Trace.
She needs someone to help with cooking, grocery shopping, maybe play cards, etc.

We're not necessarily looking for somebody with a nursing background. Just someone with a kind heart!

You would have your own room and bathroom. A background check will be required, a deposit, and the first and last month's rent.

Please email me at kristinruth22@aol.com if you have questions or are interested.

Kristin
what your looking for is two separate things. A room mate , just rents their room, buys their own grocieries, and cleans their on space. Now a Live In, CareTaker, cooks, shops, cleans and watches out for the individual. So this requires $$$$ and free room and board.
Old 08-14-2021, 07:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,026 Times in 5,325 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose Ann Vinci Igoe View Post
what your looking for is two separate things. A room mate , just rents their room, buys their own grocieries, and cleans their on space. Now a Live In, CareTaker, cooks, shops, cleans and watches out for the individual. So this requires $$$$ and free room and board.
Was thinking the same thing.
Old 08-14-2021, 08:02 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,611 Times in 1,760 Posts

You are looking for a live-in caregiver, expect her to work for free and on top of that pay rent?

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 08-14-2021, 08:12 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi_flgirl View Post
I'm looking for a 55+ female roommate for my grandma.
She lives in The Village of Virginia Trace.
She needs someone to help with cooking, grocery shopping, maybe play cards, etc.

We're not necessarily looking for somebody with a nursing background. Just someone with a kind heart!

You would have your own room and bathroom. A background check will be required, a deposit, and the first and last month's rent.

Please email me at kristinruth22@aol.com if you have questions or are interested.

Kristin
You are definitely referring to 2 different things. Roommate who pays rent isn’t going to be there to help your grandmother. If you’re offering free rent only, perhaps you’ll find someone with a kind heart but if you offer to pay someone in addition to free rent, you may find the perfect person. Good luck in your search.
Old 08-14-2021, 10:15 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,176 Times in 757 Posts

If you want a person to look after your grandma, it should be rent free. You can't expect a person to do cooking, cleaning, and food shopping and also pay rent. Good luck with your search.
Old 08-14-2021, 10:32 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

I will go against the tide here, and say, I think there are people that would love to be a live in companion without being paid, as long as they are provided with room.

I was homeless for 6 months or so back in 2008 and got a job driving a cash register at a convenience store. I found a older gentleman that wanted a live in "helper". I got a room, and he got someone to drive him around and help with things around the house. It worked out well for both of us.

Not everyone is all about making money.

Good luck on your search.
Old 08-14-2021, 03:26 PM
Location: Newburgh NY, Berwick PA, Grand Forks ND, Tampa Fl, Wenatchee Wash, TN, OK, TX, NC, OH, FL

Does the lady caregiver have to pay to be in the presence of your grandma. Please be kind-hearted towards whoever spends time with Grammy
Old 08-14-2021, 03:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
I will go against the tide here, and say, I think there are people that would love to be a live in companion without being paid, as long as they are provided with room.

I was homeless for 6 months or so back in 2008 and got a job driving a cash register at a convenience store. I found a older gentleman that wanted a live in "helper". I got a room, and he got someone to drive him around and help with things around the house. It worked out well for both of us.

Not everyone is all about making money.

Good luck on your search.
BUT............Usually those who are interested in making money don't end up homeless.

Save your money.
Don't drink and drive.
Repeat it a thousand times to your kids growing up.. It was to me.
Old 08-14-2021, 03:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,996 Times in 1,729 Posts

Be careful about who you interview. They may promise to do everything, even give you money to move in. Then they do nothing to help, pay nothing further and you can’t evict them because of the eviction ban. If you read posts about renters you’ll see what I mean.
Old 08-14-2021, 03:45 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
BUT............Usually those who are interested in making money don't end up homeless.

Save your money.
Don't drink and drive.
I was earning mid 6 figures when 2008 hit and being 58 and a consultant in IT, I was SOL. I had every desire to work and be paid. Me and millions of others. **** happens.

It isn't always up to you.
Old 08-14-2021, 03:45 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
Be careful about who you interview. They may promise to do everything, even give you money to move in. Then they do nothing to help, pay nothing further and you can’t evict them because of the eviction ban. If you read posts about renters you’ll see what I mean.
Very valid and very sad...
Old 08-14-2021, 04:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

Save your money.
Don't drink and drive.
Astounding.

Tags
55+, female, roommate, background, check

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.