Looking for a sewing machine

Closed Thread
Old 01-09-2011, 04:22 PM
Default Looking for a sewing machine

I am looking for a used Kenmore sewing machine. I have had mine for 30 years, and I can't sew on anything else. It is solid steel. I have used it so much over the years, I'm wearing it out! It wouldn't start up yesterday. I need a back-up, even if I can get it fixed. I do not want to purchase a new sewing machine. I have tried out several of them, and all I feel when I am sewing is plastic parts that will eventually stop giving me the performance I am looking for, and the longevity my Kenmore has given me. If anyone has a used Kenmore they would like to sell, or know of anyone who would like to pass one on, please let me know. Any advice on sewing machines?

Last edited by MaryGoRound; 01-09-2011 at 04:25 PM. Reason: typing errors
Old 01-09-2011, 06:52 PM
Platinum member

I was just looking at Craigslist, Ocala and there was a Kenmore that was just listed yesterday.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:21 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

Ohhh, I still miss my heavy, metal, old Kenmore sewing machine. They don't make 'em like they used to.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.