Men coming into our space in the supermarket

Closed Thread
Old 06-25-2019, 04:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts
Default Men coming into our space in the supermarket

ladies only ............. Several times lately, especially when I am in Aldi's, I have found men (old men) pushing too far into my personal space. This morning I had a really annoying encounter with a nasty looking old man who got behind me in the check out line. I was oblivious to him. I always unload my cart from the front onto the belt because my arms are not long enough to unload from the push area!!!! I positioned myself at the Cashier's station and proceeded to unload my cart onto the belt, those cashiers are great and my items were disappearing fast into her basket at her end. Suddenly this elderly man started to push his cart into mine, I looked up in surprise and he used his hands in a way to shoo me along. He had plenty of room to unload his cart onto the belt, but for some reason completely unknown to me he wanted me to move further down through the check out area.

This morning was not the morning ..... I looked him right in the eye and said in a very load voice "What". He buckled immediately and started to shush me. To which I said "What is your problem" and continued to finish my purchase. He could not get out of the store fast enough.

I have to add to this .......... I have NEVER been harassed or bothered by a woman while waiting in line to check out. I have, in fact, met the nicest and funniest ladies in the check out line. On the other hand, how many times have I had a man make it known by deep sighing and being a pain in the butt, that they are late for something or other and don't want to wait in a line. I guess it's a guy thing ....................

Ladies, why do some of these men think they can MOVE us out of their way, or SHOVE us out of their way? Is this how they treat their wives?

OK, that is my rant, it has been simmering all day and thank goodness for TOTV so that I can let it out. By the way, I have a great husband who would never treat a woman in such a way!

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Last edited by Madelaine Amee; 06-25-2019 at 04:58 PM.
Old 06-25-2019, 04:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Good for you, Madeleine. Take the bully down!
Old 06-25-2019, 04:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,947 Times in 1,705 Posts

Sorry that happened to you. I wonder what he would have done if you looked him straight in the eyes and said: “Excuse me, I need more space. Please move back,” in your best teacher’s voice.
People tend to live up to your expectations I find. Some people need direct instructions. I have met pushy women too, by the way, it’s not just the guys.

Last edited by Velvet; 06-25-2019 at 04:57 PM.
Old 06-25-2019, 05:22 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,572 Times in 1,748 Posts

Pushy women get into my space from time to time. A few are welcome to do so but most are not.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 06-25-2019, 06:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Uggg !
Old 06-25-2019, 06:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
Pushy women get into my space from time to time. A few are welcome to do so but most are not.
Sorry .......... no men allowed on the Feminine Forum

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 06-25-2019, 06:54 PM
Sage
Smile

I didn’t realize men weren’t allowed... how very nice to have our own Forum
Old 06-25-2019, 07:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,369 Times in 3,050 Posts

I've experienced this from men and women. And as a cashier, I've observed it happen TO both men and women, BY both men and women. What I have also observed, is that it's common for a woman to get "too close" to another woman, and the woman they got too close to, apologizes. I don't know why they do that.

But if someone bumps into you, don't apologize for being in their way. It's a very strange thing I've observed, and I have never seen a man apologize for someone else bumping into them. Only women.
Old 06-25-2019, 07:13 PM
Sage

I've had both women and men do this to me. It's disconcerting to say the least. The other day I felt a cart hit me from behind...I couldn't unload just yet due to the person ahead of me. Then I sensed something and this woman pushed past me saying "I need to get some mints". Like, what? Couldn't she have waited til she had easier access? I was taken aback by this. Next time...I may have to say something like "excuse me...is there not enough room here?" Or something along those lines. NOT sure what's up with people.......
Old 06-25-2019, 07:16 PM
Default ladies only

[QUOTE=Madelaine Amee;1660195]ladies only ............. Several times lately, especially when I am in Aldi's, I have found men (old men) pushing too far into my personal space. This morning I had a really annoying encounter with a nasty looking old man who got behind me in the check out line. I was oblivious to him. I always unload my cart from the front onto the belt because my arms are not long enough to unload from the push area!!!! I positioned myself at the Cashier's station and proceeded to unload my cart onto the belt, those cashiers are great and my items were disappearing fast into her basket at her end. Suddenly this elderly man started to push his cart into mine, I looked up in surprise and he used his hands in a way to shoo me along. He had plenty of room to unload his cart onto the belt, but for some reason completely unknown to me he wanted me to move further down through the check out area.

This morning was not the morning ..... I looked him right in the eye and said in a very load voice "What". He buckled immediately and started to shush me. To which I said "What is your problem" and continued to finish my purchase. He could not get out of the store fast enough.

I have to add to this .......... I have NEVER been harassed or bothered by a woman while waiting in line to check out. I have, in fact, met the nicest and funniest ladies in the check out line. On the other hand, how many times have I had a man make it known by deep sighing and being a pain in the butt, that they are late for something or other and don't want to wait in a line. I guess it's a guy thing ....................

Ladies, why do some of these men think they can MOVE us out of their way, or SHOVE us out of their way? Is this how they treat their wives?

OK, that is my rant, it has been simmering all day and thank goodness for TOTV so that I can let it out. By the way, I have a great husband who would never treat a woman in such a way![

Glad you vented. I completely agree - men do this but women don't, or rarely do it. It has happened to me. The only conclusion I can come to is that they are completely unaware (idiots!). ]
Old 06-25-2019, 07:36 PM
Sage

Something similar has happened to me, a guy pushed his grocery cart into my ankle... I yelped in pain and surprise as I heard my hubby roar: “That’s my wife!” The guy made a quick get away - wisely choosing not to confront. (Surprise sometimes catches one off guard.)
Old 06-25-2019, 08:39 PM

Stupidity and rudeness are not owned by one gender, it’s an equal opportunity employer.
Old 06-25-2019, 10:41 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,572 Times in 1,748 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarriors View Post
Stupidity and rudeness are not owned by one gender, it’s an equal opportunity employer.
I agree. Some of these old bags act like they own the store. “Get out of my way!l.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 06-26-2019, 04:41 AM
Gold member
Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh

I love the women who will slow everything down by digging out 99 cents out of their change purse.
Old 06-26-2019, 05:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,279 Times in 2,480 Posts

Me too!
Closed Thread

Tags
cart, men, unload, belt, morning

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.