Closed Thread
Old 01-31-2020, 12:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Amazon, ULTA, Sally’s. I buy mine at Lifetime
What makes them better? Mine always lasts about the same when I do my hands. I am in water and soap and paint a lot so paint on my paws has a short life.

Are you concerned with the environment? Or do some products damage your nails.
Old 01-31-2020, 02:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
What makes them better? Mine always lasts about the same when I do my hands. I am in water and soap and paint a lot so paint on my paws has a short life.

Are you concerned with the environment? Or do some products damage your nails.
Has nothing to do with lasting. It’s the formaldehyde, ethyl acetate, bisphenol, toluene, to name a few. Not what I want seeping into my nails for weeks at a time. Have not used regular nail polish for over 10 years. We are exposed to many things we have no control over. This I have a say in
Old 01-31-2020, 03:05 PM

Let's give this lady the benefit of the doubt. Maybe where she's from the Asian nail techs use inferior products and her nail tech was aware of it. Therefore, (incorrectly) assumed that all Asian nail techs use inferior products. Please stop with calling her racist just because she asked. Too many throw around the race card nowadays to make the ends justify the means. Dumb!
Old 01-31-2020, 03:53 PM
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzieque View Post
I don't mean to be racist, but does anyone go to a nail salon or technician who is not Asian? I'm a snowbird and my home nail technician would prefer that I not go there. Thank you.
If you want a great Nail Technician go to Bella's Salon near SPANISH SPRINGS and ask for Teresa.
Old 01-31-2020, 04:46 PM

I don’t worry about the nationality of the technicians but the quality of the Salon. Solar Nails in Colony autoclaves everything and always lines pedicure tubs. It has new massage chairs.Always excellent.
Tuscany in Sumter Landing has American techs. But they are in the high rent district and it is reflected in their prices
Old 01-31-2020, 04:55 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelingal702 View Post
Let's give this lady the benefit of the doubt. Maybe where she's from the Asian nail techs use inferior products and her nail tech was aware of it. Therefore, (incorrectly) assumed that all Asian nail techs use inferior products. Please stop with calling her racist just because she asked. Too many throw around the race card nowadays to make the ends justify the means. Dumb!
So agree, again my sigh on is Asianthree, I did not find the OPs comment racist.

Forwarded to my Grand, who speaks Mandarin, Japanese, Vietnamese, which she is. She laughed so hard, said she didn’t find it racist either, and my birth certificate says I am “Asian”.
Old 01-31-2020, 06:44 PM
Gold member
Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh

Sometimes it is great to be a male and not have these difficult decisions.
Old 02-01-2020, 08:37 AM

Thank you share the love
Old 02-01-2020, 09:33 AM
Default Nail salons in TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzieque View Post
I don't mean to be racist, but does anyone go to a nail salon or technician who is not Asian? I'm a snowbird and my home nail technician would prefer that I not go there. Thank you.
We have been here for 15 years, and I have hone to Signature Nails in Lake Sumter Landing since they opened. The salon is always spotless and the Vietnamese technicians are the best. Don’t know why your hometown technician has an issue.
Old 02-01-2020, 11:41 AM

Nail Saloon in Brownwood. See if you can get Donna. She's the best!
Old 02-01-2020, 05:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
So agree, again my sigh on is Asianthree, I did not find the OPs comment racist.

Forwarded to my Grand, who speaks Mandarin, Japanese, Vietnamese, which she is. She laughed so hard, said she didn’t find it racist either, and my birth certificate says I am “Asian”.
Am I to believe there is a different standard for racism in the Asian community (I am 24% Asian). If you changed ":Asian" to "Black" or "Hispanic" do you think the majority would not see that as racist? I believe that when you call out a Nationality as somehow being inferior to white business or "technicians" that is racist.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 02-01-2020, 10:34 PM

Stongly agree!
Old 02-01-2020, 11:26 PM

I went to a wonderful place yesterday...on 466A. The sign outside said Organic Nail Spa, but the cards on the inside say Chi Chi.. something.. Anyway, it's down in the little strip mall just east of the ABC Wine and Spirit store on 466A (in front of the Lowe's). It is VERY clean, everyone was so friendly. I observed that there is a combination of, folks that already know and love their "person(s)", and having a grand time talking together, then not, but not loud to the point of distracting others. The other techs all seemed to engage only with the person they were working on (as opposed to talking to the tech next to them ) and, if the person they were working on wanted quiet, that's what it was. They seem to take appointments, but, as a walk in, they were able to take care of me really quickly. My girl was Tina, and she was awesome. I will be back there, but do my best to make an appointment in advance. Try it out. I think you will like it.
My only thing is, why does the outside say one name, and the inside stuff say another. I didn't dwell on that,as I was just happy with the service, atmosphere, and outcome of my visit, but I will ask next time.
So, go check it out...
Old 02-02-2020, 04:38 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpascani View Post
I went to a wonderful place yesterday...on 466A. The sign outside said Organic Nail Spa, but the cards on the inside say Chi Chi.. something.. Anyway, it's down in the little strip mall just east of the ABC Wine and Spirit store on 466A (in front of the Lowe's). It is VERY clean, everyone was so friendly. I observed that there is a combination of, folks that already know and love their "person(s)", and having a grand time talking together, then not, but not loud to the point of distracting others. The other techs all seemed to engage only with the person they were working on (as opposed to talking to the tech next to them ) and, if the person they were working on wanted quiet, that's what it was. They seem to take appointments, but, as a walk in, they were able to take care of me really quickly. My girl was Tina, and she was awesome. I will be back there, but do my best to make an appointment in advance. Try it out. I think you will like it.
My only thing is, why does the outside say one name, and the inside stuff say another. I didn't dwell on that,as I was just happy with the service, atmosphere, and outcome of my visit, but I will ask next time.
So, go check it out...
I also went in the “Organic Nail Salon”. I asked what products they used, I was told none of their products were Organic, not even for an up charge. Nice people, but, not the product I want on my nails.
Old 02-02-2020, 08:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
I also went in the “Organic Nail Salon”. I asked what products they used, I was told none of their products were Organic, not even for an up charge. Nice people, but, not the product I want on my nails.
I am curious as to how much damage "bad" nail polish can do to a person. I didn't know until you told us yesterday that nail polish and remover could do harm to a person.

I don't know the folks at Signature nails where I sometimes get a pedicure because most seem unable to speak English and I only know French as another language. They certainly seem friendly and are very clean in their processes. I wouldn't want their feelings to be hurt if they are told about this thread.
Closed Thread

Tags
nail, salon, technician, prefer, snowbird

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.