Need friends my age here!

Closed Thread
Old 09-06-2015, 04:16 PM
Default Need friends my age here!

Hi,
My husband and I have been in The Villages now for almost a year. I'm 47 years old and he is 56. I like to do crafts; sewing, painting, scrapbooking, art journals, etc. I like to walk, go to the gym or swim for exercise. Are there any women here around my age that like to do those things as well?
Thanks,
Robin
Old 09-06-2015, 04:18 PM

very few
Old 09-06-2015, 04:26 PM
Sage

Why do they need to be your age?
Old 09-06-2015, 04:34 PM

Mentally, I'm right there with you but not physically
Old 09-06-2015, 05:03 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Did you read any of the literature before moving here? As asked previously, you can't hang out with folks olderThan you? Whatever.
Old 09-06-2015, 05:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Donnelly View Post
Hi,
My husband and I have been in The Villages now for almost a year. I'm 47 years old and he is 56. I like to do crafts; sewing, painting, scrapbooking, art journals, etc. I like to walk, go to the gym or swim for exercise. Are there any women here around my age that like to do those things as well?
Thanks,
Robin

If you go to the toolbar above and type in younger villagers you will find a number of threads on the subject. Here is one;
Under 55 yrs old & buying & living in The Villages

Living here makes everyone think and act younger. If you wait about six months I can hang out with you.
Old 09-06-2015, 05:20 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Looking at the number of clubs that offer the things you like, I would guess that there are a lot of folks who are enjoying the same activities. Try one or two - and make sure you get into the popular ones before the snowbirds are jockeying for position in the pool activities!

Old 09-06-2015, 05:22 PM

Hi ! I Moved here full time at 55. I joined a
Mixed doubles round robin tennis group. This
Group ranges from 55-92😎. I am so lucky
And proud to call each and every one of them
My friend. Don't let age be an obstacle or issue.
Embrace this wonderful community, we are so
Lucky to wake up here everyday.
Old 09-06-2015, 05:23 PM
Platinum member

Have you thought about joining MVP? They draw from surrounding areas--not just TV. Would be close since you are in Hillsborough.

I would also suggest joining in on some TV activities. I think you'll find 40 something's have a lot in common with 50 and 60-something's. Especially here. IMO, you are very blessed to be here at this stage of your life.
Old 09-06-2015, 08:05 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Donnelly View Post
Hi,
My husband and I have been in The Villages now for almost a year. I'm 47 years old and he is 56. I like to do crag, painting, scrapbooking, art journals, etc. I like to walk, go to the gym or swim for exercise. Are there any women here around my age that like to do those things as well?
Thanks,
Robin
Check out the recreation guide that comes out every Thursday in the Daily Sun or you can pick one up at any recreation center. There are plenty of activities listed. I think you will find friends in these groups.
Old 09-06-2015, 10:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

As has been stated several times before on similar subjects; you will find that the usual age bracketing does not really apply or work very well in TV.

You will find many men and women 20++ years older that will look like they fit your criteria. I will bet that you will quickly discover that you will make many friends here and the issue of how old they are will not be relevent to the process.

I further suggest you do not use such traditional profiling on what you are looking for as it will only cause you to miss out on some of the best friends you might ever make.
Old 09-07-2015, 05:38 AM

I don't ask people how old they are.....a friend is a friend regardless of age.
Old 09-07-2015, 11:47 AM
Sage

Age "can be" a state of mind! That said you can benefit from having friends from all age groups. I'm friends with folks 12 to 15 yrs my jr., also have friends 7 to 10 yrs older---if you have interests in common age won't be a factor.

Don't know where you settled here but we've heard that south of 466a, the population is younger!
Old 09-10-2015, 03:04 PM

Hahaha! I'll be here! Always looking for like minded women to hang around with, age isn't a big deal to me. I posted the question because some older women here aren't that welcoming to younger new comers. Inbox me any time and thanks for the link.
Old 09-10-2015, 03:07 PM

Not profiling. I've been here a almost a year and as I stated before, not many older women here seem to welcome new comers that are younger. It's an observation and a fact that I've dealt with as have a few of my neighbors who're older by about 20+ years. I have no objection to hanging out with any one, any age. I just want people to do things with.
Closed Thread

Tags
age, swim, exercise, walk, gym, journals, robin, wave, things, women, art, year, villages, husband, friends, crafts;, sewing, painting, years, scrapbooking

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.