Need friends my age here!

Closed Thread
Old 09-10-2015, 03:09 PM

I don't either. I was asking for people nearer my age since older women here seem to have their circle of friends already. Doesn't matter to me if you're 85, as long as we have something in common we like to do. I've been a senior care nurse for 20 years and get along quite well with older people. Thanks.
Old 09-10-2015, 03:18 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Have you attended the Hillsborough women's monthly functions? There are a number of attendees in that group who pay for their "highlights". Have you invited your neighbors over for a meet and greet? How you started attending a local Church where there are lots Of activities and lots of young people?What have you done?
Old 09-10-2015, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villager Joyce View Post
Have you attended the Hillsborough women's monthly functions? There are a number of attendees in that group who pay for their "highlights". Have you invited your neighbors over for a meet and greet? How you started attending a local Church where there are lots Of activities and lots of young people?What have you done?
No, I haven't attended them. My neighbors who have went to them said they were nightmares, said there were really rude people there, so I'm not interested. Not sure what you mean about pay for their "highlights." I'm very familiar with my neighbors, have been to and had several parties, but we don't hang out and do some of the things I mentioned in my original post. And, no, I don't attend church and am not interested in organized religion. Thanks.
Old 09-10-2015, 04:04 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Donnelly View Post
No, I haven't attended them. My neighbors who have went to them said they were nightmares, said there were really rude people there, so I'm not interested. Not sure what you mean about pay for their "highlights." I'm very familiar with my neighbors, have been to and had several parties, but we don't hang out and do some of the things I mentioned in my original post. And, no, I don't attend church and am not interested in organized religion. Thanks.
I was looking for fellow walkers and asked melody to send out an email. My next door neighbor responded, and we have been walking and hanging out ever since. Recently on one of our walks, another walker asked if she could join us. I am way too insecure a person to ask if I could join a group. I'm so glad she wasn't. Now we all walk, eat, shop and hang out together. Both are the best friends I have had in my life AND the husbands are great friends, too.

You owe it to yourself to try one of the lunch activities. PM me if you want to go and I promise you our group will make you welcome IF YOU make an effort. You only get out what you put in.

Tags
age, swim, exercise, walk, gym, journals, robin, wave, things, women, art, year, villages, husband, friends, crafts;, sewing, painting, years, scrapbooking

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.