Nicest Mamogram ever!

Closed Thread
Old 09-11-2015, 05:31 PM
Default Nicest Mamogram ever!

Ladies, if you are new to the Villages, I want to let you know that Lake Medical Imaging is the place to have your mammogram.

Super quick, I was in and out in 30 minutes! You have a consultation with the radiologist who checks your films, so you get the results right away. If there are any problems they can be rechecked right away. You also get a manual breast exam.

The facility is lovely, and the people friendly.
I even got a cute pink tote bag!

Highly recommend Lake Medical Imaging for Mammograms!

Last edited by rosygail; 09-11-2015 at 11:16 PM.
Old 09-11-2015, 05:37 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Yea. Mine is scheduled later This month at the location next to Colony Health
Old 09-11-2015, 08:41 PM

I also had a wonderful experience at Lake Medical Imaging!
Old 09-11-2015, 10:34 PM
Veteran member

I agree! Had one there (Colony) this past week and couldn't have been treated better.
Old 09-11-2015, 11:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosygail View Post
Ladies, if you are new to the Villages, I want to let you know that Lake Medical Imaging is the place to have your mammogram.

Super quick, I was in and out in 30 minutes! You have a consultation with the radiologist who checks your films, so you get the results right away. If there are any problems they can be rechecked right away. You also get a manual breast exam.

The facility is lovely, and the people friendly.
I even got a cute pink tote bag!

Highly recommend Lake Medical Imaging for Mammograms!
The radiologist performs a clinical breast exam??? Now that's a first in 35 years of practicing medicine. Usually all they get is a diagram from the patients internist or GYN
I think this is a wonderful idea, quite innovative. A radiologist performing a stereotactic breast biopsy ban get a better idea of the target lesion, those performing a plain mammo for evaluation of a suspicious area will be better able to interpret the films. And it is a great double check since AMA guidelines demand that a palpable lesion be investigated further, even if it does not show on mammogram
I would suggest their lawyers draw up a very specific patient consent for this exam, since it would generally be considered beyond the scope of usual radiologic practice, lest they spend their days in court defending an array of sexual harassment lawsuits. I'm adding this place to the list of services we'll need when we get to TV full time, my wife will be there. Thank you for sharing
Old 09-12-2015, 02:32 PM

I agree wholeheartedly. Lake Imaging!
Old 09-12-2015, 03:05 PM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
The radiologist performs a clinical breast exam??? Now that's a first in 35 years of practicing medicine. Usually all they get is a diagram from the patients internist or GYN
I think this is a wonderful idea, quite innovative. A radiologist performing a stereotactic breast biopsy ban get a better idea of the target lesion, those performing a plain mammo for evaluation of a suspicious area will be better able to interpret the films. And it is a great double check since AMA guidelines demand that a palpable lesion be investigated further, even if it does not show on mammogram
I would suggest their lawyers draw up a very specific patient consent for this exam, since it would generally be considered beyond the scope of usual radiologic practice, lest they spend their days in court defending an array of sexual harassment lawsuits. I'm adding this place to the list of services we'll need when we get to TV full time, my wife will be there. Thank you for sharing
I've been going to Lake Imaging for my mammos for the past 7 years and have always had the radiologist performing an exam after the mammo, if you request it. There are always other people in the room, usually a female tech or assistant. Since I'm always in a panicked mode when I get the mammo, its so wonderful to me to have the results immediately afterwards.

Also, usually if there is a suspicious lesion, they will do an ultrasound right after the mammo. My experience was that they sent me for an MRI of the breasts to get more information on the lesion and at that time determined that it was probably cancer and I needed to see a surgeon.

I would never recommend at stereotactic test to anyone as it is the most uncomfortable test I have ever encountered. I only had one in Los Angeles and told my surgeon never again, we will operate instead of taking that test.

Getting back on topic, I agree that Lake Imaging is a wonderful facility and I would highly recommend them. I have had many tests there since my coming to the villages and have been extremely satisfied with their professionalism and capabilities.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Closed Thread

Tags
medical, imaging, lake, rechecked, recommend, mamogramsoops, problems, manual, exam, bag, tote, pink, cute, highly, friendly, facility, lovely, people, breast, place, mammogram, villages, mamogram, ladies, super

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.