Patio Villa's- No Kitchen Window!!

Closed Thread
Old 02-19-2008, 12:31 AM
Default Patio Villa's- No Kitchen Window!!

I have searched and searched on TOTV for this information. Does anyone know if this is the case. As I research, I can't recall seeing any Patio Villa's with kitchen windows. If not, why not?? I must have a kitchen window -- Maybe this thread should have been put in the female section. Us woman just need to be able to see outside while we are preparing food and washing dishes. IT'S JUST A FEMALE THING. A patio would be perfect for me but I just need a kitchen window. Can we bust a hole through the wall???? Please help. I'm getting desperate here.
Old 02-19-2008, 02:56 AM
Default Re: Patio Villa's- No Kitchen Window!!

Barb: Colony Villa, huh? Will have to check that out. Will be worth weighing what you have said. The bottom line will be price and whether or not I love the house. I don't want a window to make or break a good deal. thanks Barb. Anybody else have any suggestions?
Old 02-19-2008, 03:19 AM
Veteran member

Sounds like the Cabot Cove model that I bought. Jerseygirl look at the floor plans http://www.thevillages.com/homes/new...?VNH=200704315
Old 02-19-2008, 04:02 AM

DickY I do believe I saw that model in the past and I do like it. Thank you so much for sending me the link. I will try to find more of them. Thanks again. Nice chatting with you tonight. As you see, I have not taken my flu-ridden body to bed as I said I would (on the chat board) but I will soon be forced to do it as I have no more strength to type.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:16 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

The space in a patio villa is really well used. They are very nice. We would like more garage space but other than that, a patio would work well for our needs I think. Mr. BB is just going to have to leave all those tools in the house up north.

Barb,
How do you like the garage laundry?

DickY,
Thanks for the link. Do you happen to know what changes, if any, have been made in the new patios?

Does anyone have an opinion on the reasons for preferring one kind of lot over another in a patio neighborhood. (Inside or Corner?)

Old 02-19-2008, 05:28 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I live in a patio villa. Nope, no window in the kitchen. I really thought I would find it depressing but I don't even miss it. Have a wonderful skylight that I just adore and, as was said, the sink faces the patio door, so I really can look outside.

As to who cooks in TV, I think it depends on your preferences. One nice thing about eating at home is you get foods in the textures and tastes you like.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 02-19-2008, 02:13 PM
Veteran member

I got the Cabot Cove model because of the inside laundry and the slightly larger square footage. I also like the huge walk-in closet off the master bedroom, the size of a small child's room (lol). The new ones being built have hand troweled ceilings, not the popcorn ceilings as in previous models. The vol/vaulted ceilings look more open. I have an inside lot, mainly for financial reasons, smaller lot lower taxes, easier to maintain.
Old 02-19-2008, 02:29 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Thank you all for the information on patios. We are starting now to zero in, so to speak.

One of the things that we really liked were the solar lights. That is such a great way to brighten an inside room. We don't have them where we live. At least, not that I have seen. I guess they can result in kind of funny scenarios when they are put in a bathroom ceiling. I heard that people keep trying to turn out the light, flipping the switch a few times before they realize what's going on.
Old 02-20-2008, 12:23 AM

I love the open floorplan of our colony patio villa.

Don't really miss the lack of a kitchen window either, but I do want to add those solar lites in the kitchen and baths. Several neighbors have them and they do add lots of light.

I had a guy put windows in our garage door yesterday, and WOW!!! What a difference!!! I can do laundry without the lights on. He did it in an hour and it was reasonable. I like the look better from the outside also...

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.