Pedicure Bowl Liners @ Mango Nails

Closed Thread
Old 06-21-2015, 08:19 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulascorpio View Post
Disposable liners in a spa does not replace the fact that the spa jets must be cleaned. The bacteria comes in through the water jets and the jets must be sanitized/cleaned to remove the bacteria. The liner just keeps the tub in good condition. Florida law requires sanitation of each spa after every client. Also the salon/spa must keep a record of the cleaning schedule on each and every spa in the salon. Spraying the tubs with bleach is NOT proper disinfection.
How could they have time to clean and sanitize the jets after each person gets a pedicure?
Old 06-21-2015, 08:38 AM

Does anyone know where John went who used to be at Solar Nails in Colony Plaza? He was my favorite.
Old 06-27-2015, 03:12 PM

It is Florida law. Polishing takes 10-12 minutes. During that time, the spa should be drained and then refilled with water and a spa disinfectant solution and the jets must run for 10m. If, the spa is not properly disinfected between each client, the bacteria from the client prior to you.....you are actually soaking in their bacteria!
They can do this while they are polishing your toes.
Old 06-27-2015, 03:44 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulascorpio View Post
It is Florida law. Polishing takes 10-12 minutes. During that time, the spa should be drained and then refilled with water and a spa disinfectant solution and the jets must run for 10m. If, the spa is not properly disinfected between each client, the bacteria from the client prior to you.....you are actually soaking in their bacteria!
They can do this while they are polishing your toes.
I've been to a few places and haven't seen them do this. Is there a place where you go that they do this? I currently have an infection in my big toe where the technician cut way into the cuticle too far. It started bleeding and her solution was to stick my toe back into the dirty water. I've had to go to the dr. and get antibiotics and then to a podiatrist also.
Old 06-27-2015, 05:03 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
I've been to a few places and haven't seen them do this. Is there a place where you go that they do this? I currently have an infection in my big toe where the technician cut way into the cuticle too far. It started bleeding and her solution was to stick my toe back into the dirty water. I've had to go to the dr. and get antibiotics and then to a podiatrist also.
I can't say I've watched for it but have never noticed it being done anywhere I've been, either. Yikes. I guess I assumed the disposable plastic liners provided protection. The dangers of unsanitary nail salons have been very well publicized, but ugh. I may have to stop getting salon pedicures altogether.

Is there anyone in the area who offers home foot care?
Old 06-29-2015, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnieman View Post
I have lived here one year and yet to find a nail salon that disinfects their pedi baths the proper way. Unfortunately, when she cut your cuticle it could have been from an un-disinfected nipper and then, by putting your foot into the pedi bath that was unclean just promoted the infection. One thing no one should ever do prior to a pedicure is to shave your legs. It creates microscopic tears in your skin and if the pedicure bath has not been disinfected, it leaves those microscopic tears open to infection. You have to self-advocated and ask the salons prior to scheduling an appointment their system for tool and spa disinfection. Florida law is: tools must be in an EPA registered disinfectant (liquid) unless the salon disinfects in an autoclave. So when you see instruments in a sealed bag, make sure they properly disinfect prior to. Spraying the spa with bleach or lysol with bleach is not proper spa disinfection. An EPA registered spa cleaner must be used in the pedi bath for 10m. Also, there should be a history of spa cleaning for every spa in the salon. Ask to see it! If, I do find a salon that abides by Florida law, I will share the salon name. If, anyone else is aware...please share also.
Old 07-25-2015, 05:08 PM

Sounds great
Old 07-25-2015, 11:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Tuscany Day Spa and Salon in Lake Sumter Landing.
Old 08-21-2015, 12:38 AM

Yes I know where John work now. He's working at Mango nails
They call him Tim now that is his real name.
Phone number of mango nails is 3527754387
Old 08-21-2015, 12:42 AM
Default Jonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimivillager View Post
Does anyone know where John went who used to be at Solar Nails in Colony Plaza? He was my favorite.
He's working at mango nails
Phone# 3527754387
He change his name to Tim not John anymore
That is his real name Tim
Old 08-21-2015, 04:46 PM

I recall several years ago on 60 Minutes or some other such show showing the horrifying effects of salons that do not properly clean their water jets, etc. and the infections on the legs. I'm not in the medical field and have a poor memory as to the name of the infection but it was deadly. I'm always leary of trying new places for that reason. Thanks for the reminder!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.